The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » David Regal's The Linking Finger Ring Project (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8758 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
David's site crashed, so his son put one up until it's fixed:

http://jakeregal.com/regalmagic.html
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
2459 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Hope he didn't lose the pre-ordered info and who's paid!
David Regal
View Profile
V.I.P.
720 Posts

Profile of David Regal
No worries guys. All the orders you made were indeed received. The site crashed, making it impossible for others to order. My son saved me by erecting a page on another server. I love him.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8758 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I wrote David about this thread so he can answer any questions.

Here's the demo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla......Dc-XKPQs
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
2459 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Thanks David
David Regal
View Profile
V.I.P.
720 Posts

Profile of David Regal
I just now read this thread from the top. This is a sale for my mailing list, which is why I haven't been focused on anything but dealing with the mailing, my site, answering emails, etc.

The list price will be $250. What you are buying (when they are released for general sale) is a utility set of high quality ring gimmicks with which you can perform my routine or another routine. I make a point on my DVD that you should pick a routine, or develop a routine, that speaks to you. Whatever routine you present, you will know you are doing a well-structured routine if there is no "fiddling" with the props. Linking Finger Rings handlings often suffer from moments of fiddling. Not necessary.

I encourage people to follow a path to a routine that they love, as this is simply one of the great plots in all of magic.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
2532 Posts

Profile of emyers99
You mention special features made possible by your unique design. Can you elaborate?
ArtIn
View Profile
Special user
Berlin
573 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Any information about the release date?

all the best,
Martin
illusions will be reality
sometimes reality is disturbing
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1017 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
It looks like it is for sale now.
ArtIn
View Profile
Special user
Berlin
573 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
I asked because Mr. Regal wrote: "The list price will be $250. What you are buying (when they are released for general sale) is a utility set of high quality ring gimmicks with which you can perform my routine or another routine."

All the best,
Martin
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
2178 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Looks like these shipped out already. Shouldn't be long.
Discipline is choosing between what you want now and what you want most.
ArtIn
View Profile
Special user
Berlin
573 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Did you get a order confirmation or a notification for the shipment?
I've ordered successfully but only received the standart payment notification.
The item is sold out now. :-/
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Yes, I received a shipment notification yesterday.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
2459 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Have all the orders been shipped out David?
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3254 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
***!

Seems like they are sold out already.... I guess I'll have to wait until 2013 Smile
David Regal
View Profile
V.I.P.
720 Posts

Profile of David Regal
I have a few sets for sale today - my site is up again and I realized I had about ten sets left.
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1026 Posts

Profile of Cody S. Fisher
O.K. I have been researching Himber Ring routines for MANY years now. I have purchased just about every book, VHS, DVD, and PDF, that has been made available on this subject. I can without hesitation say that David's Kit is THE BEST I have come across. Most of the routines I have ever seen suffer from one major flaw...they are too "figity". (Is that a word?) The performer must 'mess about' too much with the rings or worst borrow an ambiguous number of rings and hope the audience doesn't notice. David's routine is simple, elegant and has eliminated all that. This is the most direct linking finger ring routine I have ever witnessed. THREE rings borrowed...THREE rings linkd...THREE rings unlinked...THREE rings given back...NO FUNNY MOVES!

The rings supplied are perfect and were desigend from the ground up in order to make performing this routine very easy. I have owned himber rings that cost as much as $500...but I honestly feel that these are better made to accomplish the necessary moves required for any HR routine. The Koran pencil gimmicks are well made, easy to use, and work like a dream. The DVD instruction is top notch.

If you are considering adding a HR routine to your act I would highly recommend David's kit.

Cody S. Fisher
For DVD's, Lecture Notes, Unique Tricks, & Instant PDF Downloads Please Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck

For Instant Lecture Video Downloads Or My Marketing Course Downloads Please Visit: www.Magic-Trick.net
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
3788 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I have never used a Himber Ring of any kind before and I had recently been researching them and looking for a nice one - while I've read about many poor quality Himber rings I rarely come across reviews about well-made ones, except rings that were bought long ago and are no longer available for purchase. And then I received David's email!

I really like this. To be honest I like just about every product and routine from David Regal; he is one of my favorite magic product creators. Honest, a great instructor, and a maddeningly creative guy! David is apparently very concerned about his reputation within the magic community and thus goes out of his way to ensure that every product he offers is extremely well-made, and from the best materials available that are affordable for us starving magicians. Smile Yet a few of his creations that I have purchased seem to exceed even David's rigorous standards. The Linking Ring Project is one of those. The rings look and feel nice enough to wear as an everyday piece of jewelry. His instruction on the DVD is, as always, just right. Not overly wordy or filled with useless banter, but direct, to the point, and perfectly understandable. The DVD is divided into nice, logical chapters so you can easily find an area that you wish to review without having to constantly write down the time for future reference. Like many magic creators I know. Smile (Most of you know who you are - or should!)

I have had this for a couple days now and have most of the moves down pat. I am still working on my presentation and delivery - the areas that always need a lot of work on my part as I am not a natural performer; never been a good speaker in public! But the technical parts are easy to grasp and very well explained by David, so most will have no problems picking this up quickly. The Koran move will take me a bit longer than the rest; I find it a bit knacky though I have a feeling that's just me.

Quote:
On 2012-12-12 19:51, Cody S. Fisher wrote:
The Koran pencil gimmicks are well made, easy to use, and work like a dream.

I had to laugh at the above comment, Cody! Those who own The Linking Rings will understand - I hope!

Thanks!

Jim
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1026 Posts

Profile of Cody S. Fisher
I made a funny!

Jim...30 minutes practice with the pencil and two rings and you are good to go. Once you know what needs to happen it is a piece of cake my friend!

Cody S. Fisher
For DVD's, Lecture Notes, Unique Tricks, & Instant PDF Downloads Please Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck

For Instant Lecture Video Downloads Or My Marketing Course Downloads Please Visit: www.Magic-Trick.net
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1586 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
I have been also extremely interested in linking fingerring routines for years but I usually work in rathers small rooms, 30-50 people is very common. sometimes much bigger as well but most of the linking fingerring routines can be divided into 3 categories
1. A b***f b***wing
2. A S***ge b***wing
3. Real B***wing but fiddly handling

The main two just woudnt really work for me since I cant set up 1 or 2 consistently without there being a risk that someone talks too much. Although I do have to say that Nick Lewin did something similar to one of those methods in Vegas and his solution for me has been the best I have seen and I am still fighting if I should get it or not.

There is solutions to "fiddly handling". Durham routine mentioned is really good. Roger Klause routine is also very good. Tom Stone has really really nice way to get around the fiddling. It looks like Regal routine gets around it as well, but there is also a change that he uses method 1 or 2. After all, Greg Otto says in his DVD that in Magic castle linking finger rings is one of the easiest things to do cos there will always be someone in the audience that you know. This isn't an option for most real workers :/

What makes this extremely tempting is that it is from David Regal! He has put out pretty much only workers and high quality stuff. And when worker like Cody Fisher approves it you know it must be good Smile

Sincerely

Juha-Matti
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
1354 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
No stooges
Bradley Morgan
View Profile
Special user
Toluca Lake CA
699 Posts

Profile of Bradley Morgan
Just got them today and they are very nice. I have been looking to get a set for a long time and I looked at these and said that's it. The only thing I have to say is that the video clip of the routine does not do it justice. When he goes through the routine on the DVD there are so many more points that you don't see in the demo clip. I have to give it to David, you did a fantastic job! Thanks for putting in the time to put this out to magicians.
"I do not know with what weapons World War 3 will be fought, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones." - Einstein
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

This is a brilliant set of props and instruction. Very glad I waited until now to purchase a linking ring set. Regal's routine is about as good as this effect can get, IMO, and pretty much eliminates "fiddling," as he puts it. The Koran ending is a nice kicker, and you get the little bit of extra you need to accomplish that. You get three rings that look exactly alike but in fact are not. You only need one of these rings to perform Regal's routine - the others are supplied as a "tool kit" in case you want to do other effects, or other linking ring routines. Everything comes in a beautiful box with velvet padding. I don't have any other sets to compare this to, but I have read and watched many routines, and am extremely happy with Regal's routine and props.
David Regal
View Profile
V.I.P.
720 Posts

Profile of David Regal
A second run of rings has been manufactured and shipped, and I expect it to arrive within a week. I will have them, as will two retail outlets, Hocus Pocus and Penguin. As for my portion of the run, I will sell first to my waiting list, and only then open up sales to others. If you would like to be on the waiting list, please email me at regal@regalmagic.com Thanks.
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1354 Posts

Profile of mike storz
I have always wanted an effect like this but wondered how it would pay up close for three to four people. Is this worth getting for upclose performances like this or would people figure it out?

Thanks so much!
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
1354 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I think that is too small a group but would be interested also in people's experience
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
3788 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
It can be done - that's about all I ever get together at one time! I don’t perform it exactly as David does on the demo video, but I modify it accordingly. I don’t always get three rings to work with from specs and if I know the people well I just throw in one of my own rings - usually the one I am wearing - as a third ring. I have tried it with two rings and it is workable, but not as effective IMO.

Thanks!

Jim
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
3724 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Thumbs up from me for David Regal's Ring Project.
All the bases carefully covered with this great ring set.

Remember there are many other effects for close performance that can be done with this set.
The first time I use mine I did not link anything but my ring escaped a chain under impossible spectator handheld conditions.
Every examinable and clean.

Highly recommended
Clandestine Dark Arts Media
David Regal
View Profile
V.I.P.
720 Posts

Profile of David Regal
I have posession of the new run, and updated my website accordingly.

http://davidregal.com/the-linking-finger-ring-project/

Thanks, everyone.
ArtIn
View Profile
Special user
Berlin
573 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
That's what iam looking forward to! Ring & String Routines.
You lucky ones, iam still waiting for my set to show up Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » David Regal's The Linking Finger Ring Project (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.335207 seconds, requiring 108 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [1] [7] [9] [2] [7] [5] [8] [7]