The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » David Regal's The Linking Finger Ring Project (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
Does anyone know if any UK dealers are selling this
leomagnus
View Profile
Veteran user
303 Posts

Profile of leomagnus
Just ordered this. Can't wait!!!!!! David Regal has never let me down so far!!!

-Leo
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Quote:
On 2013-01-10 10:13, gdw wrote:
SO it comes with two different style of gimmick rings? That is the gimmicking of each is different, not the style of the ring itself.

Its hard to really answer on this without exposing perhaps too much. Although I don't see the point why Regal woudnt just state clearly what is the main advantage openly since it doesn't really expose anything and also gives a potential buyer a clear picture what he is getting. I personally had dreamed off himber ring that would work like this before I even knew what Regal was coming up with a ring like this.

So trying to answer into your question. All the rings look same. The set has 3 rings. Normal ring and two gimmicked rings. First one off the gaffed rings is a normal himber style signed ring. The new ring is similar but also different. It doesn't have nothing new like Porper style ring that o**ns to totally different direction. But the new ring has something that works differently from common ones and has many advantages. It can be "worked" with single hand, invisibly, silently without fiddling. So basically it gets around pretty much all the problems with the common himber rings and makes the routine workable cos it is so much easier to use invisibly.

Juha-Matti
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
I'm trying to remember where I saw this before, but there was an advantage of the one type for the initial loading of the rings into it.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On 2013-01-10 10:13, gdw wrote:
SO it comes with two different style of gimmick rings? That is the gimmicking of each is different, not the style of the ring itself.

See the review by Kent Gunn. He gives a full description of what you get: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=109&3

Jim
leomagnus
View Profile
Veteran user
303 Posts

Profile of leomagnus
Oh my God! I just received my set today, and have been playing with the set all afternoon. To start off, the linking finger ring effect is my favorite effect in magic. I mean when I saw it for the first time, it fooled me worse than any other effect I've ever seen. Though I've never owned any set, I've played around with MANY. I've always had as David says on the DVD "fiddling" issues with other sets. I really wanted simple and beautiful. No fiddling. David's performance with its extreme cleanliness and simplicity, convinced me to buy his set. All I can say is wow. I honestly believe that this is my best ever magical purchase, and I'd like to thank David Regal from the bottom of my heart for providing the means for me to finally perform my favorite trick.

-Leo

PS David, you really should never sell any of these again. I selfishly want this set to be as exclusive as possible. Or you should raise the price....... A LOT. Thanks again!
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1149 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
Ordered mine yesterday!
Author of PERFORM, the 2020 Magic Cafe Book of the Year

"I loved this book!" Ken Weber

"4 out of 4 stars!" Nick Lewin

"This will be a classic of magic!" Mark Pocan

performbettershows.com
David Regal
View Profile
V.I.P.
828 Posts

Profile of David Regal
Quote:
On 2013-01-10 14:51, rowland wrote:
Does anyone know if any UK dealers are selling this

There should not be any UK dealers with this. I have nothing against the UK, but right now I have the set, Penguin has a supply, and Hocus-Pocus has a supply. I can't speak for the other two, but I have five sets left. If you know of anyone else with sets please let me know, as I cannot imagine how they came to have them.
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
PLEASE... don't make any more... Smile don't want to this become the new "lemon game" or torn and restored newspaper Smile In other words everyone from semipros to pros will be doing it.

J-M
ackerly
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of ackerly
OK, love the rings and all that's in the package. My only complaint: Perhaps it's just me, but I find it annoying to listen to David's explanations while music is playing in the background. It does not add anything. I would prefer to turn off the music or not have it at all. Just my two cents.
David Regal
View Profile
V.I.P.
828 Posts

Profile of David Regal
J-M...

I really don't think there is going to be a sudden explosion of people doing the Linking Finger Ring effect, simply because over the years thousands and thousands of rings have been sold. In the past the available gimmicks have often been cheaply made, or very, very expensive. My set of rings is, to my mind, kind of a toolbox - it allows a person to explore and perform any routine out there with nice props at a lower price point.

David

P.S. Noted about the music. Mr. Ackerly!
Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1471 Posts

Profile of Scott Alexander
These look really nice! I just ordered a set. I am looking forward to seeing if they will work with my visual linking sequence.
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

www.scottalexander.bigcartel.com

Website

www.scottalexandermagic.com
Paul Gross
View Profile
Special user
574 Posts

Profile of Paul Gross
Hello,

Just got this quote this morning from Bill Malone after he placed his order for a second set.

"This is really great! The solution for the Himber ring I was looking for. I'm buying two! -Bill Malone"

As of today we are almost sold out...If you were on the fence about this now is the time to really consider ordering your now before they are all gone.

Best regards
Paul Gross
Owner
Hocus Pocus
Best Regards,

Paul Gross

Owner

http://www.hocus-pocus.com
David Regal
View Profile
V.I.P.
828 Posts

Profile of David Regal
I am sold out of the current run as of today, but if you wish to be placed on a mailing list and notified when I have the next run in hand (no obligation to buy), please email me at regal@regalmagic.com

Thanks.

P.S. I can't speak for Hocus Pocus (see above) - Paul may still have stock.
David Regal
View Profile
V.I.P.
828 Posts

Profile of David Regal
I am happy to report that rings are again available.
BlakeAdams
View Profile
Special user
Texas
641 Posts

Profile of BlakeAdams
I must say that I love this ring set. It make all other himber ring routines much easier to perform. The quality is amazing.
Thanks David!
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys.

I have a question for someone that has these, regarding a part of the routine.

anyone that has this set want to discuss this over SKYPE, please PM me, as I have a question.

Thanks

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
virtualwizard
View Profile
Regular user
Bailey Island, Maine
167 Posts

Profile of virtualwizard
This looks really good!
Mike the Magician
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
I just ordered this.

I'm looking forward to it!
SanCho14jfm
View Profile
Loyal user
New Jersey
244 Posts

Profile of SanCho14jfm
Just bought mine from Tannen's. Looking forward to it!!!

http://www.tannens.com/shop//cart.php?m=......l&p=9925
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » David Regal's The Linking Finger Ring Project (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL