The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hey all (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

renzo75
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of renzo75
Hey guys,

2nd time poster, long time reader...
I'm just wondering about a trick I have come up with, and performed for a few friends..
Kinda a mentalism trick (they pick a card, and I don't predict it (because I'm not psychic) but I use a card my grandma gave me who read tea leaves) and her card makes the revelation... I have a big spiel and pretty good presentation on the whole thing, and the question is I emailed Penguin Magic about submitting it (as even an instant download, although a couple of minor things are required)...
They told me there was a book on that topic, using one of the props, and may not be worth doing... YET.. I've seen ones like Jay Noblezada's Self Working Magic Tricks (heaps of respect for Jay BTW) that have been around for ages...
Is it just becuase I'm "unknown"?
Any advice would be appreciated...

Regards,
Renzo.
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
There is a rumor going around, which may be true, that every mentalism effect ever thought of or conceived, can be traced back to the old Jinx magazines by Annemann, and/or the works of Robert Nelson. Don't know if that is true, but I doubt the rejection was because you are unknown. You can ask this question in the Penny for your thoughts threads and see what you get.

Welcome to the Café.
madelaine
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of madelaine
Hi Renzo75, It is most probably not because you think you are "unknown". Is is more likely another explanation. I have found that rejections are a dime a dozen... and even more frequent when anxiety rules the roost; and also that life is a lot sweeter when light-heartedness is on the rise.

Sounds like you had a lovely (and worthwhile?) grandma...One of mine refused to meet me and the other showed me how to keep a hearth fire going with bellows. Yes, the blacksmith's variety.

Like Spartacus says "Welcome to the Café"...
renzo75
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of renzo75
Thanks for the advice guys...
I'm going to refine this and pursue... Worst case, I always have "The Wire" Smile
Mentalism and Hypnosis are my favorite 2 things at the moment (after doing a course with the Head Hacking group) and inspired by James Brown and the creativity of people, wow... I just have to learn to relax and remember - what I see is not what the laymen sees...
I had the fortunate opportunity in Melbourne to see David Copperfield and help him out with a small skit... I don't know how a couple of tricks were done, and basically don't want to - I still love being a kid sometimes Smile Amazed...
Thanks again all...
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome renzo75,

It is hard to get something going if you are not well known.

Add to that they have to be thinking about who the market is or if they have too much of one kind of thing or will more material make their site look cluttered.

Don't take it personally.

-Mary Mowder
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1439 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Hi Renzo,
Your post was nice to read and looking forward for your next posts. Let me welcome you to our beautiful Café. As you have noticed it is one of a kind;unique.Absolutely the best the best place about magic ever.You will find this as a invaluable source that you can not buy even with money. The people are so friendly as well as being helpful.The Café is such a the unique place for Magic. It is ever expanding and has over 52.000 members throughout the world. It will make a great contribution to your magic perspective. Do not forget to post often. You will find many new friends and many new ideas here. I predict you will like the Café.Please grab a chair and begin to type your next post while you have a cup of strong Turkish coffee on my bill.
We are glad that you have joined us.
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
renzo75
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of renzo75
Thanks...
I've spoken to one other magic place, and got nothing...
Soooooooooo... I'm going to fix up the PDF (and do-away with the video) and release it here to you guys...
Any suggestions as to the best forum to offer the pdf up? I'd like to initially give it to 1 or 2 people (to check it over and make sure it's suitable to distribute - ie: polish it up a tad...) so if anyone is keen, please do let me know..

Regards,
Renzo.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hey all (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL