The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » FAX by Loki Kross (377 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..12~13~14 [Next]
MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
Hey guys, this was on penguin. Says it will be released December 18th. What do you guys think of it? I know that personally, just from watching the demo, I have a fairly good idea of how this is done. Am I the only one that thinks this is painfully obvious?

http://www.penguinmagic.com/jwplay.php?pid=2916
close_up_act
View Profile
Special user
Idaho Falls
617 Posts

Profile of close_up_act
It fooled me.... looks interesting...
J Rodriguez
CHECK OUT MY VIDEO REVIEW CHANNEL & SUBSCRIBE
http://youtu.be/mH4xXSrwaNw
Reviewsmyway@outlook.com
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1778 Posts

Profile of ted french
This is really cool. All I can say for now is that this product received some of the best reactions I have ever seen. I have been on over 100 film shoots for magic effects and the reactions for this really stood out. On camera you can see the reactions are great but it was after the camera was off and we started to film someone else that I notice the people really freaking out. The thing I liked was they were discussing what just happened as if they saw something more than a magic trick. I know it sounds like hype but if you do this method you will see what I'm talking about.
P3
practice practice perform.
bgm4gic
View Profile
Loyal user
California
228 Posts

Profile of bgm4gic
This looks great.

I wonder if it has the same principle as Extractor? The first performance seems like it could be something like that.
gimmickless
View Profile
Veteran user
305 Posts

Profile of gimmickless
Amazing!! something with the INK!
jcrabtree2007
View Profile
Special user
519 Posts

Profile of jcrabtree2007
It fooled me. I've been doing the ambitious card for 15 years and between Ammar, daryl, sankey handlings probably know a hundred ways to get that card to the top. But a signed card in their hands? Wow!
I wonder if you can use this principle/gimmick as a closer for the standard ambitious, or if it is heavily gimmicked? Either way, nice stand-alone effect.
geggy
View Profile
Regular user
Brighton UK
146 Posts

Profile of geggy
This looks amazing
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1086 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Does this involve dup******s and f**e signature?

Btw, it is already out of stock form Penguin?
My new 100% HANDS-OFF ACAAN (book) is available here : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
2663 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
On 2012-12-11 14:41, doriancaudal wrote:
Does this involve dup******s and f**e signature?

Btw, it is already out of stock form Penguin?

It has never been in stock. The release date is around December 18th.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Acar
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of Acar
Hi guys, sorry for the confusion. This is a hidden product while we await its arrival. It was never in-stock.
Billman
View Profile
Regular user
New hampshire
167 Posts

Profile of Billman
With the title of the effect being "FAX" it looks like a new way of Dupl***** a spectators signiture.

If this is true I wonder if the signiture can appear on another object other than a card. Can a card be signed and have their signiture show up on the card box? Can they sign the front of a card and have the signiture appear on the back of another card?(Anniversiry waltz)

If I am wrong then I am COMPLETELY blown away by the demo video and have zero clue and will purchase it the day it comes out. (I really hope I am wrong)

Thanks,
Bill
geggy
View Profile
Regular user
Brighton UK
146 Posts

Profile of geggy
Quote:
On 2012-12-11 15:49, Billman wrote:
With the title of the effect being "FAX" it looks like a new way of Dupl***** a spectators signiture.

Has to be I guess, its all happening in specs hands so if not the case then ....wow!!!
oliversmith
View Profile
Loyal user
234 Posts

Profile of oliversmith
I haven't been this fooled by a card trick in a long time. WOW!
mysticalsales
View Profile
Regular user
192 Posts

Profile of mysticalsales
Its obviously a dup, the method is intriguing.
saysold1
View Profile
Inner circle
Recovering Cafe addict with only
6469 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Well Acar & Penguin are offering this a tad "early" for those joining their new Platinum program - top 500 buyers. Apparently it's a monthly opt-in program that you can opt out of anytime.

Surprised the great Acar didn't mention this but he probably didn't want to **** anyone off.

I suggest everyone locate Acar this week - get him completely drunk off his *** as this new one from Loki looks completely sick. The plot twist is really appealing isn'y it?

Loki- you sir seem to have created quite the exciting new effect. Wow.
Nefesch
View Profile
Special user
El Salvador
601 Posts

Profile of Nefesch
This looks Amazing!
I am definitely picking this up as soon as it be released!!!

Nefesch
mysticalsales
View Profile
Regular user
192 Posts

Profile of mysticalsales
Would like to see the sigining process part of the routine.
paperinick
View Profile
Special user
my faro is starting to look nice after
603 Posts

Profile of paperinick
In one of the performances there is a discrepancy about the direction of the signature. It is on the spectator side when inserted but on the performer side when revealed. I am intrigued too.
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
paperinick
View Profile
Special user
603 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Roberto Giobbi tried to address this problem once in Genii. His solution was quite clever...
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
saysold1
View Profile
Inner circle
6469 Posts

Profile of saysold1
The name of the effect may give some tiny hint as to the method perhaps?
paperinick
View Profile
Special user
603 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Quote:
On 2012-12-11 17:20, saysold1 wrote:
The name of the effect may give some tiny hint as to the method perhaps?

Very likely and metaphorically speaking I would hope. Smile
paperinick
View Profile
Special user
603 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Method: the magi has the spectator sign two identical cards. What is sold is the same pen used by the Men in Black. Smile
saysold1
View Profile
Inner circle
6469 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Looking forward to getting this.

Loki is a and talented cool guy - he used to post on here often. Maybe we'll here from him again soon...

I'm wondering if this is his first release?
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1472 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
It looks very good. I don't want to give up a potential secret. It's not out, I haven't seen it, and I don't know the method. However, if anyone has Sync by Jose Prager, that is one possible method. I would like to know if it is a different method, because if it is the same or similar method as Sync, then it would require a customization to the cards involved. If you have Sync, you know what I'm talking about. By the way, on a nonsequitor, I really like Sync and as you might realize, this could be a way to do this effect. Obviously, if you know sync, there would be a little backward discrepancy in the signature, but if one of the cards is merely flashed, it might not be obvious.

Perhaps someone in the know can comment if this is totally different from the method in Sync, somewhat similar, ..?
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1472 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
BTW, I'm not fishing for the method. I just want to know if what I might purchase is a totally different method or not. I still might be interested in learning some new handlings.
saysold1
View Profile
Inner circle
6469 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Alright lets kill the fishing expedition and get into some real meat here...

I'm going to share some inside info with my pals here on the Café for this quite hot release - I have not yet tried it but the information below is quite accurate and should (hopefully) dispel some guesses and rumors, but of course it will likely generate other questions.

This is apparently Loki's first major release - It was also shared that FAX has been in the works and and developed over a period of years. I am also told that the method is well disguised and invisible with multiple layers of misdirection built in.

These "tidbits" were generously shared with me this eveing by someone I know is quite familar with FAX and has road tested it when it was released last June for testing. I greatly appreaciate the insights...THANK YOU.

So let me share some more...all I really know as of tonight...

In terms of the ambitious card routine seen on the demo, the spectator I'm told will have FULL control in terms of their ability of looking straight down at their own card & signature before inserting it themselves into the pack which is in their own hands. Crazy huh?

The card being inserted is THEIR card and it could even be dated with the signature. They can take as much time as they want while inserting - no rush, no fuss, no muss.

Apparently there is another routine included in the 1.5 hour DVD involving the spec tearing their card, and in another the card lays on a table in plain view until they pick it up on reveal.

I'm also told that there are NO Drawing Room Deceptions type ideas that were used in Loki's FAX release - the kind of stuff from Guy Hollingsworth, etc. that encompassed fake scribbles or signing more than once. Not the case here - dead end.

I can't wait to get this - like all of you I am extremely curious as to the method and love the fact that this happens in the spectator's hands.

That's all I know - I will review once I get this probably in the next week I hope.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
3596 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
This does sound like a gem.

"This is not a trick, it is a tool. Get ready to create and destroy." - Garrett Thomas

"The holy grail." - Francis Menotti

"Unlimited possibilities." - Dan Hauss

"This is smart. Very smart. The kind of smart that I want all to myself." - Jon Armstrong

With those names backing the product, this seems all enticing.

Francis Menotti performs real world stuff. if he likes this then I'm pretty much sold.

Who really cares about the method? If it works in the real world, where it couns, that's all that matters.
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1778 Posts

Profile of ted french
For those of you wondering. I will say that this method is a great method and doable for anyone to do.
P3
practice practice perform.
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Special user
So. San Francisco, CA
646 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Thank you Saysold1 for the additional inside info, of course the only question I have now is why do we have to wait for this awesome effect after such a teaser vid...LoL

& it is painfully obvious how it's done, with all the technology no one has suspected Loki's using either nano technology cards or nano-cyborg implants on spectators to control them........ok seriously though, this is an awesome routine that I can't wait to purchase !

I consider just from his cool prop pimping idea for Ignition, Loki has a very creative mind & wish him the best on his 1st major release !
goshawk
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of goshawk
I for one think its a GREAT trick and will be buying it!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » FAX by Loki Kross (377 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
 Go to page 1~2~3..12~13~14 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.247754 seconds, requiring 96 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [1] [9] [5] [6] [9] [9] [2] [1]