The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The November 2003 entrée: Doug Malloy » » The creative process? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
When creating an original effect or presentation each of us will naturally approach such an undertaking from a different avenue. Smile

That said, which streets do you travel that ultimately help you arrive to that final destination? Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Doug Malloy
View Profile
V.I.P.
Palmdale,Ca.
69 Posts

Profile of Doug Malloy
Hi Steve,
First of all, let me say thank you for having me as a guest on The Magic Café! I truly consider it an honor, and I truly consider you a good friend.

With that said, there are many avenues in which to take when creating a new effect.
As in my reply to j.g.sager (First step in building) the first thing I always ask myself is will the audience enjoy the effect? That is of upmost importance to me.

Also I would like to mention that I am really a performer who builds....rather than just a builder. Much of my life has been spent performing and when I design or build, I approach it from a performing standpoint first.

Again, I have found through the years that the simpliest answer to a problem is usually the best. I spend many hours in R&D and many ideas end up not working, and I go back to the drawing board and figure out how to make something work. It is always funny to me because the final result is usually so simple that when people see it, they automatically say, "Oh, of course, I would have done that!"

In the end I will inevitably put it in the show, if it works I keep it, and eventually
try and share it with the magic world.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The November 2003 entrée: Doug Malloy » » The creative process? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL