The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » TKO 2 or UCCU with T+R Card? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Andrew_Jeffrey
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Andrew_Jeffrey
Hi, the title says it all really. I have a couple of versions of T+R card and one of them leaves me 'dirty'. I suddenly wondered whether either of these devices could be used to help me clean up?

If so, is this a new idea or does anyone else do this and could comment? I do not own either device but would happily buy one if it would help me end clean. Any comments gratefully received. (For the record, my current version is Daniel Garcia's TORN for parlour or stage and JC Wagner's version for close-up.)
fyi2
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of fyi2
Just got TKO 2.0 and it is sublime, it also has UCCU built it, so I think that is the way to go.

Good luck.
Andrew_Jeffrey
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Thanks so much fyl2, much appreciated. I will get hold of one. Have you tried using it in the way I mentioned?
fyi2
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of fyi2
No I am shamed to admit, I don't do a T&R.
dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
784 Posts

Profile of dduane
If you are not going to use your TKO with coins, I would recommend the uccu. It is just a little 'cleaner' looking, and works great with cards. TKO 2 is more versatile, though.
Nicholas Night
View Profile
New user
Lansing Mi
93 Posts

Profile of Nicholas Night
TKO 2.0 was oddly enough my first magic gimmick, and I LOVE it. IT could easily be used to clean up a T&R card. that's a GREAT idea. I just might use it...
Andrew_Jeffrey
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

You're welcome Smile I have now ordered mine. Now comes the waiting that all magicians hate!
Andrew_Jeffrey
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

...and the waiting's over. It arrived today and I couldn't wait to watch the accompanying DVD. I wasn't disappointed. I like the fact that it can be used in so many different ways. Will definitely use this for my T+R, but it will need some strong misdirection I think, as most intelligent spectators will be wondering whether I use any extra pieces. To be able to take the heat off will be worth the price of this gimmick.
fyi2
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of fyi2
Glad you're happy, I was nervous about the recommendation

Happy New Year.
Andrew_Jeffrey
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Don't be, but thank you anyway!

Most intelligent performers will realise that just because someone else likes something, it may not be right for his or her self, so it would never have occurred to me to be annoyed about the review!

As it happens, it's ideal, and I think that now I have it I will use it in a range of ways, but the clean-up for T+R will be my 'go-to' use for it. If I do develop a handling, I could share it via youtube at some point later this year if you are interested.
fyi2
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of fyi2
Love to see that, thank you.
Andrew_Jeffrey
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Well I've been away working so haven't had time to get this out yet, but the more I think about it the more I think I need to create a moment of misdirection as there is a lot of 'heat' at the moment I want to d***h.

Has anyone tried anything similar to this and can help out with any pointers? I will gladly return the favour in the future if I can. WIthout being too specific, I need to go south with 50%. (Hope this makes sense; sorry to be a bit vague but I know these are publicly searchable forums.)
Stevie Tricker
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Stevie Tricker
I've PM'd you, not sure if the idea will work in the context of your routine but might be worth a shot.
bmmagic24
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of bmmagic24
So is the TKO 2.0 the same thing as the U.C.C.U.? Or are they slightly different? If I'm mainly interested in doing coin vanishes should I get TKO 2.0? Or if I'm mainly interested in card control should I get UCCU?
whiteoakcanyon
View Profile
Special user
899 Posts

Profile of whiteoakcanyon
Bmmagic24 - TKO 2.0 includes the best features of both TKO and UCCU. TKO 2.0 also has an improvement for the coin worker that the original did not have. I own them all and I would recommend TKO 2.0 if you do coin work. For those only interested in exclusively card work, UCCU is smaller and a better choice. If you do both coin and card magic TKO 2.0 is a great choice.

Andrew_Jeffery - I would consider having the spectator do the reveal of the restored card in their hands. This should provide maximum misdirection. I have developed my own version of Torn & Restored and this is one method I use for the reveal. I hope this idea might help.

Mark
bmmagic24
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of bmmagic24
Thanks for the reply. I do mostly card work but I also do some coin magic. If I got the TKO 2.0 are you saying it would be slightly more difficult to do (with cards) what the UCCU does? Or is the difficulty (or ease) the same with both? Is the fact that it is smaller, just an advantage for concealment?
whiteoakcanyon
View Profile
Special user
899 Posts

Profile of whiteoakcanyon
It should not be any more difficult. The advantage of UCCU is that it is just smaller so less likely to draw any attention. Used correctly none of them should be noticeable to spectators.
MagicJuggler
View Profile
Inner circle
Anchorage, AK
1161 Posts

Profile of MagicJuggler
The J.C. Wagner T&R is easily made clean by reaching into the pocket before the restoration to get a lighter, ditching the dirt at the same time. Use the lighter to heat the edges to soften the glue or whatever excuse you want to use then put the lighter away. The handling I use is extremely clean and the extra bits are never seen nor suspected. But all you need is a logical excuse to go to the pockets to clean up, and what's more logical than to grab the thing that makes the magic happen? I have used this hundreds of times and what's funny is the spectators go for the lighter for the explanation to the trick, and I've seen spectators testing it out with their own lighters.

So the routining of the trick, I think, is more important in creating the conviction in the spectator than any gimmick. I can't say the same for Torn, as I don't do that version and can't speak from experience. If the gimmicks solve your routining problems, more power to you, but you might want to look at the structure of your routine as you may find a simpler solution as in the lighter example stated above.
Matthew Olsen

I heard from a friend that anecdotal evidence is actually quite reliable.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » TKO 2 or UCCU with T+R Card? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL