The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello out there (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DerekG
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of DerekG
Hello, my name is Derek and I am an amateur magician in SOuth Louisiana, USA. I love magic and have been doing it as a hobby off and on since I was a child, but I've been getting more serious about it for the past couple of years now. By trade, I am a police officer, so I spend most of my time making sure that would be "escape artists" have to perform under true test conditions.

I mostly do card tricks, simply because I find them easy to handle, but I also do levitation and animation, coin magic, and a few other miscellaneous tricks. I am looking forward to sharing advice and ideas with the community here.
magicrog
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of magicrog
Hey, everyone!!! I'm Roger and I love magic. All kinds. Been doing it for about 30 years. I work for a major airline as a trade. I'm married to a beautiful woman from the Philippines. Look forward to getting to know some folkes on hear. God bless!!!!!
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
Welcome to the Café, both of you....
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome DerekG,

Thank you for your service.

It sounds like having a little Magic available could occasionally help break down barriers with some of the public for you.

Any stories?

-Mary Mowder
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Hello Derek! I "go back" to Lieut. Lee Allen Estes! (Yes, we had cops back then!)
Re would be escape artists:::Use two pair of BEAN GIANTS, and "install" them on the (alleged) perpetrator, face to face. That's advice from my old friend, the late Sid Radner.)
I did an escape program, touring for the old National School Assemblies office, in '95. --I was subbing for Dick Xavier, who canceled his tour at the last minute. Jack Lythgoe and I had booked Xavier's 16 week tour. If we could not find a sub, we would both have lost a bunch of $ (commissions). I had Jim Jayes do the Idaho/Utah part of the tour, and I did the Kentucky/Tennessee segment. It was fun.-actually a lot easier than magic!!!

Wanna buy a strait jacket, some Peerless and Darby "jumpers" and a very old pair of Hamburg "8s"? The "8s" are gaffed, too.

On second thought, maybe I'll get the urge to hit the road again.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Hi Roger~ I already PM'd you! Glad you are associating with this "motley" crew!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1439 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Hi Derek,
Let me welcome you to our beautiful Café. As you have noticed it is one of a kind;unique.Absolutely the best the best place about magic ever.You will find this as a invaluable source that you can not buy even with money. The people are so friendly as well as being helpful.The Café is such a the unique place for Magic. It is ever expanding and has over 52.000 members throughout the world. It will make a great contribution to your magic perspective. Do not forget to post often. You will find many new friends and many new ideas here. I predict you will like the Café.Please grab a chair and begin to type your next post while you have a cup of strong Turkish coffee on my bill.
We are glad that you have joined us.
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello out there (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL