The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Pendulums (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
I recently picked up Mr. Bill's Bend which is a pendulum and key bending routine. As brothers in Christ can pendulum work be used in magic as a healthy way. I'm not a gospel magician per say but I'd like to know I wouldn't cause my brother to stumble that which may be considered new age, you know? Your thoughts?
guyactor
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

Profile of guyactor
Hi MBrent. Yes, pendulums are used to 'divine' hidden information. I suppose some believe they actually work, even when knowing the motor response needed to work them - Unconscious and all.

I've used effects related to this, however I ALWAYS tell the spectators there is no spirit involved. It is 'magic', there is a 'trick', etc, but you don't have to explain it - Unless you are doing an expose type presentation (which many do in christian circles).

I would say to be prayerful and 'careful' about how it is presented.

Blessings,

Barry
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Thx Barry
DougTait
View Profile
Elite user
Sebring, FL
492 Posts

Profile of DougTait
If you Google "Pendulum Divination" you will get hundreds of thousands of hits describing how to use the pendulum in a manner that is contrary to biblical teaching. It is a very popular method of ".....connecting with the universal energy. It is a simple way to tap into the deep reservoir of wisdom that each of us holds..."

I would take Barry's advice to heart and use caution. If you are performing for a church, I would advise that you explain the routine to the pastor/minister and get an OK before performing.

Best wishes,
Doug
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men [and women] to do nothing."
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
I would just avoid it altogether. That way, there is no 'splainin to do, and you don't get some guy running around telling all the other churches that you practice witchcraft...or worse yet, that you are the latest incarnation of the anti-Christ. Smile
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Pendulums (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL