The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » From Geek to Magician! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Derek G.
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of Derek G.
Hello everyone,

I've been lurking for about six months or so and I was finally able to join using my business email. I have been doing magic for about a year now and I really enjoy it!

I was a member of another magic website and I felt like it was more elitist and that new folks often got the cold shoulder. After I discovered The Magic Café I saw how everyone was part of a macrocosm of magic! Folks replied to questions, with kindess! There was answers, there was advice, there was a Brotherhood among magicians both new and experienced, and all are welcome, and I was amazed and overjoyed! And it just feels like one big family here!

So a little bit about me:

I'm 42 and even though I am late at getting started I'm so glad I did as it has been very rewarding for me. I live near Eureka Springs, AR and even though I have my own business I had the oppurtinity to work at a magic shop over the summer (only two days a week). That was so much fun! I really enjoyed entertaining the customers (and those who just spectated). It also really helped me to get over the being nervous while performing issue I was having. I still get it but its not nearly as bad and I can tell that if I have really practiced hard for the magical journeys I take people on, then I am a lot more confident about performing. Even though things can still go wrong sometimes (lets face it, I'm only human) its less likely to happen with lots of practice and experience.

This is not to say I am some grand wizard or something, oh heavens no! I'm making no claim to fame because I worked all of one summer (and only two days a week at that!) some how empowered me to even make the likes of Gandlaf's spells look trivial! I am just saying that practice combined with getting out there and performing does make one more confident, and there by certainly makes one appear to be more than what he/she is. (Its all in the presentation, yes?).

I still have so much to learn, and I am happy to stay on the journey. Being a magician has also made me a more interesting person to be around, then the person I was before, who was kind of boring and tended to stay at home sitting in front of a computer most of the time.

Although I use a computer (mainly because of my business) a lot, I find that now I can leave it and go practice my magic tricks and their performances, and as an added bonues, I sometimes do magic for my customers who seem to get so much fun out of it!

Thank you to everyone who helped make this forum possible and thank you to those who contribute to it. I am becoming more knowledgable about being a magician becuase of you!

Anyway, I suppose I've rambled on long enough and I don't want to take up anymore space on the server with this wall of text, so here I am, and thank you for having me!

Sincerely,

Derek G.
PeterSteele111
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of PeterSteele111
Glad to have you with us! Welcome.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Well, if you're only human, I guess we'll have to put up with you. --But, try to improve! (hee hee)
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3661 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome Derek G,

I must admit, I've always wanted to work at a Magic Shop.

-The envious, Mary Mowder
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
Welcome to the Café
coppertilley
View Profile
New user
New York
3 Posts

Profile of coppertilley
I agree that magic makes us much more interesting people. Well said! We always have something to talk about and something to share. Plus, we can always amuse ourselves. Working in a magic shop must be fun, as it gives you a chance to improve your skills and test new routines.
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1439 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Hi Derek,
I really enjoyed reading your detailed resume. It worths reading ! Let me welcome you to our beautiful Café. As you have noticed it is one of a kind;unique.Absolutely the best the best place about magic ever.You will find this as a invaluable source that you can not buy even with money. The people are so friendly as well as being helpful.The Café is such a the unique place for Magic. It is ever expanding and has over 52.000 members throughout the world. It will make a great contribution to your magic perspective. Do not forget to post often. You will find many new friends and many new ideas here. I predict you will like the Café.Please grab a chair and begin to type your next post while you have a cup of strong Turkish coffee on my bill.
We are glad that you have joined us.
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » From Geek to Magician! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL