The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Ghost By Paul Nardini (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..22~23~24~25~26..33~34~35 [Next]
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I too am not a Facebook person and don't think it should be obligatory to create a profile just to see ideas on a product I have paid good money for . Having said that mine works superbly with everything supplied and don't have any queries .
ManchurianMan83
View Profile
Veteran user
United Kingdom
305 Posts

Profile of ManchurianMan83
It's not obligatory. I just advise it because naturally once you get a crowd of mentalists and magicians in one place discusing ideas and tips freely its going to be as valuable if not more than the dvd.

You have to bear in mind that until now,ghosts release, the only few people that have been using it have been paul and peter and a select few they have shared it with. So naturally paul says on the dvd what works for him in his experience but now its in more performers hands since release, new ideas that even paul hadn't considered are being brought forward such as pens people have found work better for them then the pen paul suggests. Its just natural progression of a product.

It's not that the product you get doesn't work, its just over time since release, new contributions have been made by owners that have made it work better.
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3988 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Quote:
On 2013-03-10 11:09, ManchurianMan83 wrote:

Firstly, the envelope has absoloutely zero to do with the actual method and personally I just use the spectators wallet instead. If you really have an issue over it, that's the 100% optional aspect of the method.

Secondly, if a spectator was really going to be burning the envelope as the method I'd actually welcome it! Leads them further away from the pad. If they really thought the envelope was the method, having them put the whole thing, envelope and all , in their pocket should be enough to quickly end that line of thought.

While I'm not at all trying to talk you out of not wanting to get it. After all, you can't please everyone with one thing but I do feel worrying about the envelope is a very odd reason to be put off the pad personally.

Please, respect the secret and people bought it!
Don't talk about the working...
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On 2013-03-10 11:18, ManchurianMan83 wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-03-10 10:50, Fire Starter wrote:
So if I get this I have to join facebook to get any decent tips? no way would I join face book it's just not for me.

that's fair enough.
I would hardly say I'm enamered with facebook myself.

I personally feel it might be in peter nardi and alakazams best interest to produce either an accompanying dvd or pdf with the next run of ghosts simply because the info and ideas shared in this group has been so fundamentally important to its development beyond the original dvd.
I believe it was mentioned to him on there.

That is a very good idea and spot on,many thanks
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On 2013-03-10 14:19, nanaswan wrote:
I too am not a Facebook person and don't think it should be obligatory to create a profile just to see ideas on a product I have paid good money for . Having said that mine works superbly with everything supplied and don't have any queries .

Totaly agree there 100%
ManchurianMan83
View Profile
Veteran user
United Kingdom
305 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-03-10 15:03, parmenion wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-03-10 11:09, ManchurianMan83 wrote:

Firstly, the envelope has absoloutely zero to do with the actual method and personally I just use the spectators wallet instead. If you really have an issue over it, that's the 100% optional aspect of the method.

Secondly, if a spectator was really going to be burning the envelope as the method I'd actually welcome it! Leads them further away from the pad. If they really thought the envelope was the method, having them put the whole thing, envelope and all , in their pocket should be enough to quickly end that line of thought.

While I'm not at all trying to talk you out of not wanting to get it. After all, you can't please everyone with one thing but I do feel worrying about the envelope is a very odd reason to be put off the pad personally.

Please, respect the secret and people bought it!
Don't talk about the working...

Did I talk about the working?

I believe I only said what it ISN'T, not what it IS! Smile
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3988 Posts

Profile of parmenion
It's why I'll never share any information with newcomer...
<BR>
professorwho
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of professorwho
Quote:
On 2013-03-10 19:06, parmenion wrote:

There was nothing it what was posted that is not in the trailer.
I love sponges
ManchurianMan83
View Profile
Veteran user
United Kingdom
305 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-03-10 19:06, parmenion wrote:

Nice to meet you too.

That's a charming attitude to have I must say.

All I tried to do was offer some insight on elements of this product, as someone who actually owns it, to people who are either considering buying it or have some reasons, like jker1104 has, for not wanting to buy it that I feel I can shed helpful light on.
In his case, he was being put off buying it because he felt the envelopes wouldn't fit his style.

if there's more that's holding him back (he only mentioned the envelopes though) and he has more issues with Ghost than what was said then fair enough.
Ghost Pad clearly not for him.

But..

If the envelope issue is literally all that's preventing him from getting what might have otherwise been perfect for him, was I wrong to point out that in actual fact those envelopes are not required?

I have in no way revealed anything that hasn't already been revealed on here by other members already.
In fact, I've personally said relatively less!
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
You stick up for yourself ManchurianMan.
Don't let things/people put you off continuing to participate here.

Steve
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
HUh? what I miss? Are the reviews in on this effect?
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of rasp
Parmenion......Where you not once a Newcomer?
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quote:
On 2013-03-10 14:39, ManchurianMan83 wrote:
It's not obligatory. I just advise it because naturally once you get a crowd of mentalists and magicians in one place discusing ideas and tips freely its going to be as valuable if not more than the dvd.

You have to bear in mind that until now,ghosts release, the only few people that have been using it have been paul and peter and a select few they have shared it with. So naturally paul says on the dvd what works for him in his experience but now its in more performers hands since release, new ideas that even paul hadn't considered are being brought forward such as pens people have found work better for them then the pen paul suggests. Its just natural progression of a product.

It's not that the product you get doesn't work, its just over time since release, new contributions have been made by owners that have made it work better.

My pen works so clearly it's perfect so don't see how there could be a better pen ?
ManchurianMan83
View Profile
Veteran user
United Kingdom
305 Posts

Some people have said that the pen supplied works fine.

Other people have also found, myself included, that it doesn't work so well.
maybe issues with certain shipments of the pen, different qualities.
I d/k

But because of these issues, we have experimented with different brands and types of the pen and found some that work better.

If it works for you, great! No worries Smile

But I only mention the need to hunt around for other pens in case, like myself, others have been left less than impressed with the quality of the supplied pen.
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3988 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Quote:
On 2013-03-11 12:05, rasp wrote:

Yes, but when someone point to me I reveal to much, at least I understand and stop to give awy to working of the product I bought...
Richard Osterlind talk about that better than me.
It just make me sad to see nowadays secret has not any value anymore...
It's why I said I'll never share any on my idea on a open forum.
My 2cts
<BR>
ManchurianMan83
View Profile
Veteran user
United Kingdom
305 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-03-11 12:58, parmenion wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-03-11 12:05, rasp wrote:

Yes, but when someone point to me I reveal to much, at least I understand and stop to give awy to working of the product I bought...
Richard Osterlind talk about that better than me.
It just make me sad to see nowadays secret has not any value anymore...
It's why I said I'll never share any on my idea on a open forum.
My 2cts

One should also make sure of their facts!

I have not said anything revealing about this product whatsoever.
I have nothing but the utmost respect for this product and for the people who have worked on it.

I have not set out in anyway to do anything more than offer insight and helpful comments and thoughts on this product to people on this forum who may have had issues or concerns or questions regarding Ghost that I feel I can personally shed some light on from my perspective.

I have also done that with absolutely no compromising of any secrets or comments on the proper method.

So I would appreciate it if you get your facts straight before talking about me as if I'm here revealing secrets!.

Thanks!

P.S. if anyone else besides parmenion feels any content in my posts since ive joined in any way reveals anything I shouldn't then please do let me know.
At this stage, I'm struggling to see what Ive said.
Something about envelopes so far.
lol *shrugs*
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
ManchurianMan83,
In time you will discover who's posts to ignore and who's to take notice of. You have not said anything untoward you have only demonstrated that your posts are worth taking notice of.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3988 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Yes, ignore me Smile
Don't worry, I do the same with Mark.
<BR>
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1259 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
Who said that?

sometimes the more you can rule out, the clearer the method becomes
Protection for mind readers and mentalists: http://tricksofthemind.com
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
On 2013-03-08 09:35, ManchurianMan83 wrote:

I don't have Steam. I said I 'knew OF it', that it existed as another method, but I didn't say I actually 'KNEW it'.

I came ACROSS steam during my research into mentalism pads but never purchased it because the trailer showing the 'props' didn't sell it for me.
I had no idea HOW it worked (hence why the same was true with Ghost because it uses the same principle, which I didn't know at the time) so method wise it did intrigue me but again, for me, Steam uses (or at least the trailer shows, and that's what I base purchases off of) non-organic seeming props.

The spectator having to write on a strange bit of card.

Steam is THE principle. Its about what you make out of it. Its as organic as your considerations you put into it.
I really enjoy ghost but steam is way more. For me and 90% it was the beginning of something new.
Ideas were born from it which even would fool people who own ghost nowadays.
Its one of the best things which could happen to mentalism. period

way more than "non-organic seeming props". it should be not about props shown in a trailer.
the expirience of good people who share their wisdom at the ghost group is based on steam.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Ghost By Paul Nardini (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..22~23~24~25~26..33~34~35 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL