The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Ghost By Paul Nardini (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..26~27~28~29~30..33~34~35 [Next]
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
------------John Dream------------If you can Dream it, you can Do it!
1317 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
Thanks Saysold, I think (as far as I can see on the video) the Ghost wallet looks good and is something that is easy to use.

I only hope it's also durable. Can someone confirm?

For the money I want to be sure that I can use it for a long time…
John
Presentation is everything!

If you can Dream it, you can Do it!

The eXtreme SVENPAD Supreme eBook
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
I also see they sell:

* The Ghost Reload Bulk * Refills for your Ghost Pad
This pack contains
4 x Refill Paper Pad
4 x Special Paper Pad

AND

* Ghost refill cards *
These are 300 refill cards for the Ghost Pad.

Questions:
1. How long or how many times can I use the Special Paper Pad?
2. What is the difference with the Special Paper Pads and the (300) Refill Cards?

ManchurianMan83
View Profile
Veteran user
United Kingdom
305 Posts

Profile of ManchurianMan83
Quote:
On 2013-03-30 11:56, Dr. Eamon wrote:
I also see they sell:

* The Ghost Reload Bulk * Refills for your Ghost Pad
This pack contains
4 x Refill Paper Pad
4 x Special Paper Pad

AND

* Ghost refill cards *
These are 300 refill cards for the Ghost Pad.

Questions:
1. How long or how many times can I use the Special Paper Pad?
2. What is the difference with the Special Paper Pads and the (300) Refill Cards?

Firstly, in answer to the quality of the 'pad' itself, it is extremely well made and definitely durable.
It's not made of 'cheap' materials.
I would advise it might be something you want to 'treat with a bit of care' however, but not because it's fragile in anyway but at the end of the day it -is- a pad.

1. When you buy Ghost you get enough for 100 performances (or test runs Smile ) however, you can EASILY source replacements from office supply stores that will give you over 1000's for fraction of the cost of the refill packs.

2. The refill CARDS are just for people who like to use the Business Cards supplied instead of their own. Some stock work better for the principle than others. Generally, if you use business cards of your own that will work you wont need the card refill.
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of rasp
We should move downstairs with this topic
ManchurianMan83
View Profile
Veteran user
United Kingdom
305 Posts

Profile of ManchurianMan83
Quote:
On 2013-03-30 12:28, rasp wrote:
Questions like these should be asked and answered 'downstairs'!!!

Why? there's nothing revealing in 'how many performances before needing to refill?' or 'what are these packs for?'

These are questions you'd apply to -any- method before you purchase
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
@ManchurianMan83: Thank you for answering my questions!

I’m having some doubts on what to order. I really like the handling and pad from Ghost, but on the other hand I think Ali came up with a great idea that I have to support too. I guess Ali left it open for us, how to use this gimmick, and maybe I would have made my own pad (or other way to use it). Now Peter has done this for me and I know Alakazam always does the job well.

I guess I will buy both!

I want to support innovative original pioneering creators, and I hope everybody will keep doing that to keep these wonderful ideas coming…

Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
Could a Ghost pad be used for “This Way Up” or is it too stiff?

Dannicus
View Profile
Special user
San Diego Ca.
618 Posts

Profile of Dannicus
I just received this in the mail and watched the video. From my perspective it's pretty impressive.

My first go at it was unsuccessful unfortunately. I tried it initially with my business card and I believe the back side of my cards are too slick. This is too bad because I really wanted to use my cards with the effect.

I tried it again with the cards provided and it worked very well with both the pen provided as well as with a Sharpie.

I believe that this is a strong enough method that I will actually consider printing my business cards on different stock to use the effect.

I put in a request to join the Facebook group and am looking forward to being able to access that page to learn from others regarding refills, pens and other supplies and techniques.

I really love this effect and method.
Owner of Handcrafted Miracles, San Diego
www.handcraftedmiracles.com

See our items and like us on Facebook at
www.facebook.com/handcraftedmiracles
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
Thanks for the input Dannicus.

I'm affraid my cards will not work too. Do you have normal cards, I mean not laminated or something?

saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
For business cards I'm guessing you would want a non-coated/non-glossy stock - the plainer the better.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Mmmm this is getting a little concerning now,would definatly be better disgusted down under as we don 't want anyone to beable to even get a hint and as there is one allready going down below ,might be better,just a friendy observation as folk can slip up ,i have before ,all the best intentions with my reply,all the best.
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Agree, downstairs there is all information needed to find working combos. Please let's protect secrets!
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
xav5000
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of xav5000
Before GHOST,i'll wait "STEAM 2.0"
In some weeks (months?).
Dannicus
View Profile
Special user
San Diego Ca.
618 Posts

Profile of Dannicus
Im not sure how discussing business card stock would to anything but.... wait for stream 2.0 if you want to but in my opinion lots of magic builds on sleights and things discovered by others. What you are buying with this is an integrated and well manufactured prop to effectively use the steam principal.

I am happy with this.purchase.
Owner of Handcrafted Miracles, San Diego
www.handcraftedmiracles.com

See our items and like us on Facebook at
www.facebook.com/handcraftedmiracles
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
My lips are sealed...

trueinventor
View Profile
Loyal user
Lynchburg Va
217 Posts

Profile of trueinventor
Hi guys, I have Peter's F-1 Nitro and really really like it. It's uses are "Magical" Smile and I also love it just as a normal every-day wallet.

I also have Psypher and I've read about Steam. (Hang with me guys, I'm going somewhere with this) Smile

It seems from reading the posts that GHOST is very well made and, in light of 2 years of prototyping by a working pro, it is very likely the best embodiment of a STEAM or PSYPHER type principal that could be achieved for use in a wallet. With all of that in mind, as kind of a preamble leading up to a question I want to ask, I should first disclose that I don't have much of an idea at all what the heck I'm talking about because, although I OWN Psypher, I've not yet even opened it...so I'm just kind of assuming things from guess work that could be totaly off-base..

With all of THAT disclaimer and disclosure in mind, what I want to ask is this: "As good as GHOST seems to be from reviews, is it mainly a downsized or trimmed version of STEAM or PSYPHER that is uniquely and, I'm sure, skillfully crafted for use in a great Mr. Nardi wallet?

In other words: Could someone just sort of trim down their STEAM or PSYPHER and have a lesser and not-nearly-as-well-made, but workable, version of GHOST?? Please do not tell Mr. Nardi where I live, who I am, or mention that I asked this question. I don't want to be on yet another "list". (My Grade School principal made me stay after class and put me on HIS "list" when I was in 5th grade for asking too many questions--I'm not kidding--Mr. Bowers was his name, I will NEVER forget the frown and furrowed eyebrows).

The Lord willing, I am going to buy GHOST tomorrow, regardless of if a lesser version can be haphazardly pieced together or not. One reason I want to buy it (but not the only reason) is that I am quite sure I could not rig something up approaching the quality of anything Mr. Nardi's name is associated with. Another reason being is that it isn't ethical to "borrow-with-no-recompense" (steal) an idea from a creator that is HIS idea and that he supports his family with. BUT...I just sort of, kind of, had to ask because the question was burning inside of me...I am an inventor and can't stop questioning anything and everything from a "How-is-it-done and-could-it-be-improved?" perspective...may the Lord have mercy on my soul...Smile
trueinventor
View Profile
Loyal user
Lynchburg Va
217 Posts

Profile of trueinventor
Oh gosh, As much as I mentioned Mr. Nardi's association with GHOST, I can't believe I didn't mention Paul Nardini.
It looks great and I'm sure I will like it as much as the F-1! (And though that is true and though I truly am going to order it in just a moment or so, Did I kind of guess right in the above post?

I know, I might could answer that myself once it arrives but, to be honest, I may not even know then: having so little (read this as absolutely none whatsoever) experience with STEAM, PSYPHER...etc. Water looks just like rubbing alcohol but BOY are they different in crucial ways! Is that the case with GHOST?)

I apologize for stretching this question out into a monologue.

Alex
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2013-04-04 00:20, trueinventor wrote:
Hi guys, I have Peter's F-1 Nitro and really really like it. It's uses are "Magical" Smile and I also love it just as a normal every-day wallet.

I also have Psypher and I've read about Steam. (Hang with me guys, I'm going somewhere with this) Smile

It seems from reading the posts that GHOST is very well made and, in light of 2 years of prototyping by a working pro, it is very likely the best embodiment of a STEAM or PSYPHER type principal that could be achieved for use in a wallet. With all of that in mind, as kind of a preamble leading up to a question I want to ask, I should first disclose that I don't have much of an idea at all what the heck I'm talking about because, although I OWN Psypher, I've not yet even opened it...so I'm just kind of assuming things from guess work that could be totaly off-base..

With all of THAT disclaimer and disclosure in mind, what I want to ask is this: "As good as GHOST seems to be from reviews, is it mainly a downsized or trimmed version of STEAM or PSYPHER that is uniquely and, I'm sure, skillfully crafted for use in a great Mr. Nardi wallet?

In other words: Could someone just sort of trim down their STEAM or PSYPHER and have a lesser and not-nearly-as-well-made, but workable, version of GHOST?? Please do not tell Mr. Nardi where I live, who I am, or mention that I asked this question. I don't want to be on yet another "list". (My Grade School principal made me stay after class and put me on HIS "list" when I was in 5th grade for asking too many questions--I'm not kidding--Mr. Bowers was his name, I will NEVER forget the frown and furrowed eyebrows).

The Lord willing, I am going to buy GHOST tomorrow, regardless of if a lesser version can be haphazardly pieced together or not. One reason I want to buy it (but not the only reason) is that I am quite sure I could not rig something up approaching the quality of anything Mr. Nardi's name is associated with. Another reason being is that it isn't ethical to "borrow-with-no-recompense" (steal) an idea from a creator that is HIS idea and that he supports his family with. BUT...I just sort of, kind of, had to ask because the question was burning inside of me...I am an inventor and can't stop questioning anything and everything from a "How-is-it-done and-could-it-be-improved?" perspective...may the Lord have mercy on my soul...Smile

Briefly... (time for some GHOST-Busting)...

No you can't easily make STEAM into GHOST as the wallet is special from what I understand.

And there is zero comparison to Psypher - none. Neither STEAM nor GHOST share any resemblance to Psypher's method other then they are imp tools.

GHOST (which uses the STEAM concept) offers a variety of routines using a specialized wallet.

STEAM by itself is just a tool - a very powerful method. The STEAM method could be used in many (many) ways limited only by your creativity.

As I've said before, I don't yet own GHOST but I have followed this thread sonce day one and have also shared some correspondance with Café members so I get what it is (or isn't).

I like Psypher btw - you should break it open and try it before buying the next hot item. I happen to like B. Smiths teaching and ideas a lot - and if you read the Pspher thread all the way through you will learn a lot too.

Hope that helps.

I'm sure another GHOST buster will chime in soon too.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Brett is right Smile. Except that "The Ghost" is not a wallet but a small notepad... Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2013-04-04 01:56, saysold1 wrote:

* GHOST (which uses the STEAM concept) offers a variety of routines using a specialized wallet.

* STEAM by itself is just a tool - a very powerful method. The STEAM method could be used in many (many) ways limited only by your creativity.

Brett, very well said.

I don't own The Ghost. However I have had the opportunity to see, play and use 'The Ghost'.

To achieve the same results/ effects as 'Steam', 'The Ghost' makes use of a special kind of a proprietary notepad. However (IMO) the creator(s) of The Ghost with a little thought could have easily made the prop much simpler in its construction/ function thereby making it much easier to handle & work with. I PERSONALLY feel that the prop was deliberately made a bit complex in its working so that the producers could happily justify the $100 price tag. The same function/ working of the prop (i.e. the notepad) could have been achieved by using repositionable glue or other simpler but effective method(s).

When I compare Ghost with Steam, I feel that the use of a specially designed proprietary prop in 'Ghost' drastically reduces your creativity as well as performance ideas thus restricting your ideas/ imagination by forcing you to use the supplied prop; whereas in ‘Steam’ you have ample opportunity to generate your own creative as well as performance ideas.

As rightly pointed out by our friend Brett, Steam is a powerful and unrestricted tool for gaining information. On the other hand, Ghost restricts you to use a special prop to gain information by using the same tool & means that ‘Steam’ uses, thus drastically reducing the versatility that Steam provides.

These are MY personal thoughts on 'The Ghost' and I am sure those who have both (Steam as well as Ghost) will fully agree with me on the above.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Ghost By Paul Nardini (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..26~27~28~29~30..33~34~35 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL