The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Docc Hilfords Palms of the Desert (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
bdekolta
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1636 Posts

Profile of bdekolta
Just released by Docc Hilford. Here is the description from DoccHilfordProducts.com:

You can give a pretty good cold reading, right?

You know a bit about palmistry too.

But how to you make real money selling palm readings?

Set up at a restaurant or psychic fair?

That can be a dull and often expensive path to follow.

With PALMS OF THE DESERT, you will turn any location into a cash oasis!

This is another of Docc Hilford’s ingenious routines combined with a specific market so you can go out and make money TODAY!

Almost anywhere, almost anytime.

And better yet…

PALMS OF THE DESERT explains how to know all sorts of unwritten, private information about any client.

Now, if your readings are pretty good, PALMS OF THE DESERT will make them excellent!

If your readings are already excellent, PALMS OF THE DESERT will make them unbelievable!

You’ll learn a full demonstration for any size group, from 12 to 1200 people. They’ll watch in rapt attention while you demonstrate your amazing talent.

The general effect is that you claim to be able to looks at a group of total strangers and know their exact occupations!

The second part of the manuscript explains how to apply the secret to a private sitting for one sitter. You’ll know her unwritten desires, hopes and dreams. You’ll be lead to her failures and future plans. And you’ll know about her present situation.

Best of all, the secret that feeds you all this secret information is also a stunning demonstration of palmistry.

There are no special gimmicks, no pre show work, no carbons or anything like that. Just clear, old school mentalism; routined and refined to be as good as it gets in the psychic market.

Don’t read palms?

No problem.

PALMS OF THE DESERT is applicable to any reading system; numerology, astrology, chakras, tea reading or trance mediumship can be used in place of palmistry.

For more information go to:

http://www.DoccHilfordProducts.com/palms-of-the-desert/

He has a 4 day sale going on right now where you can get this for only $19. That ends Monday or Tuesday.
Funnybaldbloke
View Profile
Veteran user
Preston, England
382 Posts

Profile of Funnybaldbloke
Based on the great stuff Docc has put out recently I decided to take a punt and buy this, especially at the reduced price.

I've only had chance to have a quick skim through but I have to say that what I've seen so far is excellent. As Docc says in the book, the temptation is to use this as a kind of effect rather than use it to enhance readings, but you must resist and do as the Docctor orders. It's a great way to convince people that their palms say more about them than they could possibly believe, it's easy, practical and a great way to use, or sell, reading charts such as the also excellent System 88.

I'm currently in the process of learning palmistry and, when I'm happy and confident, this will definitely go into the performance. If you're already proficient, this could add a whole new slant to your readings.

Don't miss out, buy it whilst the sale is still on.

Tony
Tomorrow's bottom of the bill...Today!
Docc Hilford
View Profile
V.I.P.
377 Posts

Profile of Docc Hilford
Hello,
In case anyone is checking this thread...
I have a great tip for PALMS OF THE DESERT.

If you're out there, chime in, let me know someone other than the 3 of us are here and I'll be happy to put it up.
Peace,
Docc

DoccHilfordProducts.com
MovieMan
View Profile
Special user
569 Posts

Profile of MovieMan
Please tell me how I can take even more advantage of suckers who believe palm readers have real powers, so I can take even more of their money!!!

No, thanks.
bdekolta
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1636 Posts

Profile of bdekolta
Wow you really have a high opinion of audiences don't you. And you miss the point of what this is about completely.
MovieMan
View Profile
Special user
569 Posts

Profile of MovieMan
Quote:
On 2013-01-29 01:44, bdekolta wrote:
And you miss the point of what this is about completely.

No, I do not.

Here is what Docc says:

Quote:

The second part of the manuscript explains how to apply the secret to a private sitting for one sitter. You’ll know her unwritten desires, hopes and dreams. You’ll be lead [sic] to her failures and future plans. And you’ll know about her present situation.

Best of all, the secret that feeds you all this secret information is also a stunning demonstration of palmistry.

This is all about convincing someone that you have actual powers to "read" their palm. This is using trickery and psychology to achieve a fake supernatural act. The effect is being sold as a convincing method that you can do this supernatural act, and thus being able to earn money through fraudulent claims. This is a fraudulent act, unless you clearly say you have no supernatural powers and it's all for entertainment purposes, because otherwise you may be fooling and taking money from little old ladies who don't know any better. Do you disagree?

Why don't you explain to me why fooling people with fake readings to take their money is OK?
bdekolta
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1636 Posts

Profile of bdekolta
Quote:
This is using trickery and psychology to achieve a fake supernatural act.

I believe that is the definition of magic and always has been.

And again here you are saying your audiences are gullible, don't know any better, and suckers. Really having a higher opinion of audiences would help.

What you have conjectured is very far from what is outlined in this manuscript. As the ad says put whatever presentation you want on it. If you feel you need to make a disclaimer then do so. But don't presuppose that you know what is best for everybody.

I'll let Docc comment on the specifics.

Dan
MovieMan
View Profile
Special user
569 Posts

Profile of MovieMan
It's maybe a fine line. If Docc says, "I always say its for entertainment purposes only, and the reading is just for fun, and of course it's not real," of course that's perfectly fine. But that's not what the ad copy implies. It sounds like you're fooling people with fake readings which they will take as real. That may be fine for some people. It's not fine for me. YMMV.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
I have this and Docc, I wouldn't post any tips on this thread. Maybe a PM would do or an update in an E-mail.
We seem to have the feel good police on this thread telling everyone what is right and wrong.

Best
Ray
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2013-01-29 06:37, MovieMan wrote:
It's maybe a fine line. If Docc says, "I always say its for entertainment purposes only, and the reading is just for fun, and of course it's not real," of course that's perfectly fine. But that's not what the ad copy implies. It sounds like you're fooling people with fake readings which they will take as real. That may be fine for some people. It's not fine for me. YMMV.

dude, sounds like you just were awaken from your slumber yesterday. What advert blurbs for magic haved you been reading? Who says this:

"I always say its for entertainment purposes only, and the reading is just for fun, and of course it's not real,"

in their magic advert. Show us? If you have a problem with DOCC why not just say so? Be clear.

Peace Brother,

J
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2013-01-29 04:18, bdekolta wrote:
Quote:
This is using trickery and psychology to achieve a fake supernatural act.

I believe that is the definition of magic and always has been.

And again here you are saying your audiences are gullible, don't know any better, and suckers. Really having a higher opinion of audiences would help.

What you have conjectured is very far from what is outlined in this manuscript. As the ad says put whatever presentation you want on it. If you feel you need to make a disclaimer then do so. But don't presuppose that you know what is best for everybody.

I'll let Docc comment on the specifics.

Dan

Well let's face it Dan- it's not bad to think some people are gullable and don't know any better because some are. Now- obviously you wouldn't verbally tell them they are one of these things. Further, hasn't there been anytime in your life that you were gullible? I know there was in mine and not just once. Some people actually believe in palm reading. So- if some do- it's not a bad thing to say they don't know any better because in this case- they truly don't know any better. Because we (magicians/mentalists/readers etc..) know palm reading is not a true science or real. I don't have a low opinion of myself and as I stated- and I have been gullible and did things in my life I wish I didn't because I didn't know any better.

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Just ordered this- was sent a link very quickly to access Palms of Desert. I did a quick read (as I am currently at work) and I am loving what I was able read so far. This is super. I can see having a TON of fun with this. Especially as Docc says, this would be great at private parties and I can't agree more. I don't know what else to say but get it now before it goes to $49.00. $19.00 for this a a steal!

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Moderncelt
View Profile
Veteran user
Twin Cities MN
343 Posts

Profile of Moderncelt
I do corporate and private events reading palms, and yes I enjoy it and my clients enjoy having me. When I have large audiences I do group reading ala Sheila Lyon (A Roving we will go) in batches of 10. I thought that Docc's method is G**D*** clever and look forward to incoporating it into my act if nothing else to help break it up or when I'm asked to table hop instead of my prefered staying on one location. MovieMan, I have no idea why you decided to troll...maybe it's some personal failing, I don't know you so I'm not at liberty to say. But from your initial response, I'm going to take a SWAG and guess that you haven't purchased any of Docc's boudoir series. I couldn't care less if you consider me a fraud. I am clear with my clients as to what I do, they continue to hire me, and everyone has a good time. That is what Docc does as well, and I applaud him for sharing this with other performers, as he really didn't need to.
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1907 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
This is a problem with mentalism in general: it works best when people think it's real. Docc Hilford is one of the best. I have quite a number of his publications, brilliant works, now unavailable. Glad I got them when I did.
espkeith
View Profile
Veteran user
CT, USA
354 Posts

Profile of espkeith
Quote:
On 2013-01-29 00:30, Docc Hilford wrote:
I have a great tip for PALMS OF THE DESERT.

If you're out there, chime in, let me know someone other than the 3 of us are here and I'll be happy to put it up.
Peace,
Docc

Docc,

Just grabbed POTD here. Would love it if you would post the tip...or I can PM..or email. Doesn't matter one bit.

Thanks!
bdekolta
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1636 Posts

Profile of bdekolta
RNK - yes I agree that some people are gullible, or trusting, or naive, or just think differently. My point to the original poster was that everyone is who they are. My trying to "educate" them on palmistry or something else won't change a thing. Based on my experience at least. So instead I see myself as someone who can respect almost any belief, as long as it isn't harming others, without feeling the need to impose mine in the process. Basically respect my audience and give them the best entertainment you can.

I know you know these things. Just putting them out there for others.

~ Dan
bdekolta
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1636 Posts

Profile of bdekolta
As far as the tip. I sent Docc and idea that may expand that tip into something much better. He hasn't gotten back to me but it should be good and will be for all the purchasers.

Dan
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2261 Posts

Profile of dmoses
Docc obviously doesn't need any help promoting his stuff from me but, like Modern Celt, whether using Sheila Lyons stuff-- or Palms of the Desert-- I'm excited by any routine that lifts the Palm Reading experience from one where two people are staring at a hand to one where you're entertaining-- yes, "Entertaining!"-- a number of audience members at the same time using Palmistry. And to answer Movie Man's obvious heartfelt concerns, if you have enough experience doing actual Palm Reading you don't have to lie to anyone.

That said, I'm not using Docc's routine as written, I'll probably just use another structure to the routine, well known to most mentalists, that will streamline things a little.

As some of you know, I don't connect to everything Docc puts out-- but I did to this. YRMV.

dave
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
T-shirts for Magicians and Mentalists
MovieMan
View Profile
Special user
569 Posts

Profile of MovieMan
Just coming back to this thread to apologize for some of my earlier posts.

I have seen too many people taken advantage of, both monetarily and emotionally, by fake psychics and mediums, and that led me to overreact in this thread.

It was a mistake to imply that Docc or others who create and/or perform this material fall into that group of frauds and charlatans--they certainly do not. Of course that audiences who enjoy a good show and for whom palmistry or a reading is a fun activity and take it with a grain of salt are not being taken advantage of. They are just enjoying the entertainment.

Again, apologies for my unfair generalizations. Thanks to everyone else who contributed in the thread with their POV.
bdekolta
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1636 Posts

Profile of bdekolta
Movieman - accepted - thank you.

I understood where you were coming from.

~ Dan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Docc Hilfords Palms of the Desert (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL