The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of Young Magicians! » » Should I sign my Grandson Up. (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Andy Tauber
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver WA
106 Posts

Profile of Andy Tauber
My Grandson is 9 and is getting interested in magic. Would this be a good investment of his time and my money Smile

Thanks
Andy Tauber

www.magicalmischief.org

Twitter: @AMagicMischief

“Children see magic because they look for it.”

I used to think I wasn't a morning person, but things never got better after lunch!
GreenEggs
View Profile
New user
Why have I got
65 Posts

Profile of GreenEggs
I'd recommend that you attend a local ring meeting in your area to check it out. We have a youth program in our ring before each of our main meetings. Other rings do the same. Where are you located? There is a list of SAM locations here: http://magicsam.com/ Look in the left under "Find a Location".
InstantMagicBen
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of InstantMagicBen
Its not a question of time and money! Im glad my parents encouraged me from a early age, go for it!
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1167 Posts

Profile of Russo
Its been 2
years since this thread- but heres my 2 cents(from a 78 year old-70 years professional-) two things- first get a Magic book from the Library- "J" section(childrens section) I've MADE many effects from these -even in adulthood-if the childs not interested -their not really interested in Magic(there is a pride in making ones own equipment)- secound- learn, coin,thimble,card effects -NO(or little)cost-.. When I was a Member of Hollywood SAM#22(25 years -also MagicCastle when it began- Bill and Milt were my sponsors)- I worked with Jose Frackson- he told the story of when he went to a NightClub Gig with only a small (2x4x8??) case - the Club owner said -NOOOOOO Deal- Jose said -'try me once!!- " Club owner did- Jose did 20 minutes of Coin-Card-Thimble Cigerets(kids can use tootsie Rolls)- Jose Frackson then got a SIX WEEK Gig at TOP $$$$$$> Just my 2 cents. Ralph(russo)Rousseau
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1409 Posts

Profile of Jerry
I would interested on the final outcome.
What is your grandson interest in magic today?
afuntimevent
View Profile
New user
CT
82 Posts

Profile of afuntimevent
Belonging to an S.Y.M. Assembly would be nice, but I don't know if there is one near you. Another avenue would do be to join the S.Y.M. as an associate member; he'd get M-U-M., & with a grandfather who also is interested in magic, you'd both benefit. We are reviving the SYMBOL, which is for SYM members. So, yes, I think it would be worthwhile.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of Young Magicians! » » Should I sign my Grandson Up. (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL