The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Jaks Wallet (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jbutler
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Jbutler
Just order a Jaks Wallet. Carlyle has the wallet for sale on his website. http://www.carlyletouch.com/Jaks_Wallet.html

Was able to Skype with him and he showed me the wallet and his handling.
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1253 Posts

Profile of rmendez
The best peek wallet on the planet!!!
magic maniac
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of magic maniac
Can this version be used as an everyday wallet ?
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
I believe it's based off a business card wallet. But since my dad uses a rubber band as a "wallet" I'm guessing it really just comes down to what you carry in your wallet.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On Mar 16, 2018, magic maniac wrote:
Can this version be used as an everyday wallet ?

I recommend you take at look one of the videos showing this wallet. You will be able to see what the pockets look like, etc. As stated, it is more a business card wallet.

Or you can always Skype Carlyle. He will be more than happy to discuss it with you.
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1566 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
Also, if you're looking for an every day wallet that has a Jaks style feature (tri-fold with a peek), check out the Cerberus Wallet. It has slots for 6 credit cards, a center area for business cards (that uses the OTL principle) and an index. It's been my everyday wallet for years and although it has several features, I pretty use it just as a Jaks wallet when I do drawing dupes and name reveals.
magic maniac
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of magic maniac
I have the Cerberus - best wallet I’ve owned. I was just curious as the price point of Carlyle’s looked good for a replacement for later down the road. Thanks everyone for chiming in !
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
The Jaks wallet remains the one peek wallet I return to. Simple. Elegant. Beautifully made. Very deceptive peek. And a joy to use.
music
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of music
What are the angles for using this wallet?
LondonN8
View Profile
Regular user
North London
124 Posts

Profile of LondonN8
Hi Mr Mindbender can this wallet you use be good for say 6 outs ?
Ex-Army Very proud - Professional Award-Winning Magician Performing Magic & Mentalism Over 45 years, Tv Appearances & Cruise Ships (Magic Is a Wonderful Word)
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1566 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
Yes, but...

It depends on what the outs are, because the index area isn't the full length of the wallet like some wallets. Instead, it's 2/3 length, which comes out to be the length of a US dollar bill. So it's great for billets or business cards, but not necessarily for playing cards. Hope that makes sense.
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
The "Famous Jaks Wallet" by Ray Carlyle, and Jerry O'Connell

An old thread ... but worthy of a mention, because this is truly a classic that should not be overlooked by anyone interested in purchasing a peek wallet.
An exceptional quality tri-fold, leather wallet.
Beautifully made. With 4 compartments which will hold plastic bank cards and business cards.

In my opinion, can be used as an everyday minimal wallet.
I carry 3 plastic bank cards, and 4 business cards.

I had to replace my existing peek wallet, and chose to go for a classic, minimal peek wallet.
Mine arrived today. I am not disappointed. Simple and direct.
The peek is ingenious, and happens so quickly.
The handling of the wallet shows the front and back of the wallet at all times ... very deceiving.

Don't think you will find this wallet anywhere other than from propdog in the UK.
I have no affiliation with this shop, but for anyone wishing to see the wallet ...

https://www.propdog.co.uk/magicians-wallets/jaks-wallet-jol

Highly recommended.

WulfieSmith

Click here to view attached image.
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1740 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
Quote:
On Jan 20, 2024, wulfiesmith wrote:
The "Famous Jaks Wallet" by Ray Carlyle, and Jerry O'Connell

An old thread ... but worthy of a mention, because this is truly a classic that should not be overlooked by anyone interested in purchasing a peek wallet.
An exceptional quality tri-fold, leather wallet.
Beautifully made. With 4 compartments which will hold plastic bank cards and business cards.

I have one of these and can also recommend it. It's really a business card case rather than a wallet, but you could keep bank cards in it. I can only see three compartments; there are four slots, but two of them lead to the same middle compartment. This is useful for pushing cards out.

Ray Carlyle's handling for this is one-handed. I tried it and developed tendonitis (perhaps my thumbs are too short). Two-handed ever since.
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
It's a shame that the "Famous Jaks Wallet" has been ripped off.
Those who know this wallet will know which wallet I am talking about.

WulfieSmith
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Jan 31, 2024, wulfiesmith wrote:
It's a shame that the "Famous Jaks Wallet" has been ripped off.
Those who know this wallet will know which wallet I am talking about.

WulfieSmith

Maybe they bought the rights.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Jaks Wallet (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL