The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cobra Magic - Magic Light (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Sorry to hear that Glen, I have two units and they both continue to work without any issues. I assume you have reached out to Cobra magic.

John
yanivlevy
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of yanivlevy
Hi Glen.
My name is Yaniv Levy. I'm the owner of Cobra-Magic.
I don't see in my record that you buy the "Cobra-Light".
You didn't contact us with your issue, every customer gets great service at any time.
However, if you have any issue with your Cobra-Light you can send to us and get new one, free of charge.

Yaniv Levy
www.CobraMagic.com
Cobra Magic Technologies - Electronic devices for magicians.

www.CobraMagic.com
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1050 Posts

Profile of tdowell
I just purchased this Cobra Light Plus and I have to say I'm very impressed.

I have owned both mini and regular Wellington Switchboards for years. For some reason the spectators are less than amazed with those props. I attribute that to the fact most people are savvy to technology and computer programs which can do everything automatically, this includes many programs on our smartphones. While the Wellington boards are beautifully made, they don't give much bang for the buck. People assume the board just does it's own switching. Much of the problem comes because you are the one touching and operating most of the routine.

But I have shown this Cobra Light Plus to about 10 people so far and they are absolutely stunned! I think the smaller size, the fact the spectator can hold it most of the routine and operate the switches, as well as the kicker ending, make the product seem like it has it's own mind. The last phase is really magical!

In addition, I took the Cobra Light Plus out of the box and played with it for hours to try to see if I could figure out the secret. I had no clue how it worked. The switches kept operating the respective light above them, with no change. I figured there was some hidden touch or sideway action to activate the different phases; but it never went out of it's starting operation. Only after learning the secret did I know how it worked. Once I learned, it was easy to do.

If you don't own this buy it. It works perfect and really amazes. You can carry it in your pocket and can be used in street or restaurant walk around. It resets instantly.

The only improvement that could be made would be to hide the electronics and set the lights and switches into a wood base rather than plastic. There is a micro board but even exposed it seems pretty innocent. But hiding it in a thin block of wood would make it seem more innocent.

This product gets 5 stars. I don't know the owner and have no vested interest in it; I just think it is really amazing, easy to perform, self-contained, no magnets, no external gimmicks, no remote, nothing to ditch, examinable, and a modern miracle. But most of all it is FUN to perform and play with. I keep it on my desk at work and everyone asks about it out of curiosity, so I can start the routine as though it is not a trick at all. People who have seen this keep asking to see it again. The last phase is simply incredible. The spectator names a light and you turn the board over and it is lit.

This is a great product. I recommend it without reservation.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Is there a difference between the Cobra Light from 2 years ago and this new 'plus' version?

By the way, I haven't performed this for some time so decided to try it out again. It failed a few times however, the 'gimmick' (if you can call it that) didn't 'catch' untill after a few attempts. It's working fine again now. Anyone alse had these issues after not in use for some time? The battery is certainly not the issue.
yanivlevy
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of yanivlevy
Quote:
Is there a difference between the Cobra Light from 2 years ago and this new 'plus' version?

Hi, yes.
There is a difference between Cobra Light of two years ago to the new cobra light plus.
We upgraded the program , changed the design a bit and added a feature for reading spectator mind.

If your device dosent work- please contact us at www.cobramagic.com

www.CobraMagic.com
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Wasn't the feature for reading the spectator's mind always included... I assume you mean the third "facedown" phase? or is there a new phase?

John
Mike Powers
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
2986 Posts

Profile of Mike Powers
I bought one of these on ebay. It was a new unit. I had previously bought one from a different vendor. Neither of them work properly. I have spent quite a bit of time being sure that the problem is with the unit and not with me. It's the unit that is not functioning properly.

I'm done with this. Neither unit functioned properly.

I'm wondering if the manufacturer dumped a bunch of bad units that ended up on ebay?? Anyone else having problems?

Mike
yanivlevy
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of yanivlevy
Quote:
On Jul 21, 2016, Mike Powers wrote:
I bought one of these on ebay.

I'm wondering if the manufacturer dumped a bunch of bad units that ended up on ebay?? Anyone else having problems?

Hi Mike
I'm the manufacture -pleasant to know you.
The Cobra Light Plus came out to the market on April 2016 and the only distributor is Murphy's Magic Supplies (or directly from us) and if you bought it on e-bay it is most probably fake.
Our customer service is available at all times and we are more then happy to assist with any problem.

You can buy the original Cobra Light Plus here:
http://www.cobramagic.com/Cobra-Light.html

Yaniv Levy

www.CobraMagic.com
anton.magician
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of anton.magician
I bought original Cobra light and it's work perfect! Very nice trike! ALso the I've had old receiver and it it doesn't work with this light! And Yaniv changed receiver for me for FREE even didn't take money for back shipping! The customer service a brilliant!
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
As some of you might have read, my original Cobra Light didn't function well.

I contacted Yaniv from Cobra Magic and I could send him the trick and he would fix it - great service considering the warranty period was over!
I was given the choice to either let it be repaired or pay a bit extra and have him send the new PLUS version. Because budget is tight and I was happy with the original one I choose to have it repaired.

A week or so ago a package arrived from Israel and to my surprise the new Cobra Light PLUS was in it! I must say this one looks really nice and works excellent!

Now how is that for customer service!

Many thanks to Yaniv and Cobra Magic Smile
Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1097 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
How do I change the battery it was on the on position when I got it.
Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1097 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
Got it!
Magicmike40
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Magicmike40
Can someone tell me a dealer in the US that I can purchase the Cobra light from? All I can locate a bootleg versions on eBay.
yanivlevy
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of yanivlevy
Quote:
On Mar 7, 2018, Magicmike40 wrote:
Can someone tell me a dealer in the US that I can purchase the Cobra light from? All I can locate a bootleg versions on eBay.

You can buy at Cobra Magic website.
We do free shipping all over the world:
http://www.cobramagic.com/Cobra-Light.html

Yaniv Levy

www.CobraMagic.com
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1608 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
PM sent

Ron
troy thornton
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of troy thornton
I just won this on eBay, it says it's new, I got it CHEAP.

Click here to view attached image.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3623 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Quote:
On Jan 31, 2019, troy thornton wrote:

I hope you got an original. There are quite a few copies on ebay
troy thornton
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of troy thornton
Quote:
On Feb 1, 2019, rowdymagi5 wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 31, 2019, troy thornton wrote:

I hope you got an original. There are quite a few copies on ebay

It's Original.
RayRannala
View Profile
New user
Tampa, FL
32 Posts

Profile of RayRannala
I just received my Cobra light and I love this story/approach. My question is, how do you transport the device? Especially if doing walk around. Thanks
Ray

Quote:
On Feb 26, 2013, J M Talbot wrote:
Hi Rhett: 

The following is the presentational hook I am using with the Cobra Light. It plays off of the fact that this is clearly an electronic device of some sort. To me it looks like an experimental prototype which led to the presentation below…

“Consumer electronics continue to develop at a dizzying pace. Recent advancements with 3D TV’s, Smart TV’s, Smart phones, Tablets, etc are amazing. However the next big thing will be the advancement of A.I., Artificial intelligence. This is simply devices that can… think for themselves! Companies all over the world are scrambling to develop and implement A.I. technology. To facilitate this, work is being done on “Smart Circuits”. These are circuits that can “learn” and adapt to changes in their environment. I have a prototype here that illustrates Smart Circuits in a cool way. 

Three switches, three lights. Turn on the green switch the green light turns on, same with the yellow and red. Works just as it should. Now let’s make some changes in the environment and mix up the switch covers. (Have spectator direct where they would like the covers to be placed). Because these are Smart circuits they should adapt to the change… sure enough the Green still lights the green bulb, the red the red and the yellow the yellow. Actually the lights are simply lens covers (remove the lenses). Here place the lens covers back on in any order you like, once again changing the environment. Check it out, the circuits once again adapt and the red switch lights the red light, the green the green, and the yellow the yellow (all switches are turned on and off and you can have the spectator confirm as well). 

To truly get to Artificial Intelligence the circuits need to “learn” from the changes and be able to anticipate what will happen next. Now you have just made some decisions regarding changing the switch covers and mixing up the lens covers. Let’s see if the circuits have learned anything. (Place unit face down on the table). I want you to just imagine turning one of the lights on, either the red, green or yellow. You want yellow? Let’s see if the Smart Circuits were able to anticipate and learn (turn unit over and reveal the yellow light on… they can pick any color). We are getting very close to artificial intelligence!” 

That is the bare bones, but gives you the idea of how I am using this. It is mostly hockum but sounds plausible and is delivered tongue in cheek.  I agree the last phase makes a nice conclusion for the effect.

John
LeoTheJet
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of LeoTheJet
I just bought this on Facebook, and it didn’t come with the instructional link. The seller couldn’t find it when I asked, and Cobra Magic won’t get back to me. Can anyone PM me the tutorial link? Thanks in advance.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cobra Magic - Magic Light (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL