The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cobra Magic - Magic Light (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Thanks Rhett, by all means use what you want. Has worked well for me. I like your approach for the Wellington board.

I have seen ads for that box but have not seen one in person. It does look interesting.

John
richard_mentalism
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of richard_mentalism
Hi Rhett and John,
Thank you both for your inputs and comments.
By the way - is there any problem to let the audience inspect the box after the performance?
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
It is possible for them to examine it, I would not leave it with them for an extended period.

John
mickym
View Profile
Loyal user
236 Posts

Profile of mickym
Quote:
On 2013-02-13 13:13, rhettbryson wrote:
Mickym.... I do consider myself somewhat of an expert on effects such as this. I have five different variations and am in touch with a 6th that is not yet released. I ma looking forward to trying out this one which seems to have features not found on some of the others.

Hello Rhett,
Two questions:
1. How is this unit in comparison to the other variations that you already have? I am considering to purchase one. Which one and why?
2. Does it need to be reset after every performance? Or is it ready immediately for performing again?
rhettbryson
View Profile
Elite user
Greenville, SC Not ashamed of his
406 Posts

Profile of rhettbryson
Mickym...

It is, as it turns out, a bit difficult to make direct comparisons of the essentially three units that have similar routines and effects.

The Canadian Magic Switchbox is the most complicated and capable of more different and mystifying effects in a more extended routine. The Wellington switchboard is the most elegantly constructed and finished - by far.

The Cobra Light has the small size and simple three phase routine that will find favor with many for intimate walk-around performances (it is instantly reset and ready to go, BTW) I wouldn't let the audience muck about with any of them.

I obviously find enough of value in all three that I own (and use) all three!
mickym
View Profile
Loyal user
236 Posts

Profile of mickym
Hello Rhett,
Thank you, I appreciate your fair explanations. I think that I will look for the Cobra Light, I like its advantage of instant reset. I will reach a decision in a few days, so I will appreciate if anyone can add advices pro and con to this unit and to the others.
yanivlevy
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of yanivlevy
Hi there.
My name is Yaniv Levy and I'm the creator of the cobra-light ,
if you have any question about this product please don't hesitate to ask.
Yaniv
Cobra Magic Technologies - Electronic devices for magicians.

www.CobraMagic.com
rhettbryson
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Profile of rhettbryson
As you probably know from my review of the Cobra Light, one of the things that I REALLY didn't like about it was the poor quality of the color switch covers. The plastic tubing did not create a good impression. They looked cheap and unfinished as compared to the rest of the manufacture and look of the product.

I came to my workshop this morning determined to fabricate a superior cover – along the lines of the switch covers in the Canadian Magic Switchbox. They are wooden dowels that have been drilled out to fit the switch handle and painted to match the 4 light colors.

I had identified a dowel diameter and was working with my mini-drill when I noticed an unopened mini switch I had previously purchased some time ago. It came with 4 rubber switch covers. A white one was on the switch and – can you believe it – the other three were RED, GREEN and YELLOW! AND – they fit the switches perfectly. I have attached a photograph for you to see the result of my good fortune.

The mini switch with the 4 rubber covers was purchased in my local Radio Shack store. The part number is 275-324 (SPST Mini Toggle Switch.) These covers would not add more that $4 or so to the total cost but would increase the slickness of the physical presentation of the apparatus.

Just thought you might like to know about this modification I made to my Cobra Light.I have written to Yanev telling him of my discovery and suggesting that he get these switch covers for future models of his product. Those of you who already have one will be well served to make a visit to a Radio Shack store or buy online (http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062485#inTheBox)

Click here to view attached image.
auriuspd
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of auriuspd
Thanks for the info on the covers.
auriuspd
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of auriuspd
I bought the switch caps at radio shack today and they work perfectly.
yanivlevy
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of yanivlevy
Thanks guys,
I appreciate it so much,

if you have a new routine please share it with us.
Cobra Magic Technologies - Electronic devices for magicians.

www.CobraMagic.com
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
I own the 2 Wellington models (large and mini), and I must say that I like these very much...
BUT...Having seen JM Talbot performed the Cobra magic light last week end, I came to a conclusion : I had to take a plunge for this one as well... John's presentation is excellent, the look of this board is perfect for his "smart circuit" patter, and I like the finale as well (which cannot be done the Wellington Boards). So I placed my order yesterday...
Also, I have to say that I was also reluctant because of cheap look of the color switch covers. They are not very visible even at a small distance... The information provided here by Rhett has been very valuable in my decision to buy The Cobra Magic light. There are no Radio Shack in Quebec, but I found a pair of "275-324 SPST Mini Toggle Switch" on Ebay, at fair price. Today, I'm a happy Magic Café member. Smile
Thanks for all the information and help guys!
Simon
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
I think you will enjoy this Simon, thanks for the comments on the presentation. Rhett's advice on the switch covers is great... need to look for a set.

John
richard_mentalism
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-03-12 16:22, simcoscor wrote:
I found a pair of "275-324 SPST Mini Toggle Switch" on Ebay, at fair price.

Hi Simon,
Can you please submit a link for this toggle switch on Ebay? I do not succeed to find it and I want also to order them. (I will let them know to send you the commission Smile )
rhettbryson
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Profile of rhettbryson
richard_mentalism
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Thank you, Rhett. I have noticed that you have already mentioned it. Do you have a link for it in Ebay?
mickym
View Profile
Loyal user
236 Posts

Profile of mickym
I still hesitate between this board and the others that I have seen in the internet, one of them is http://www.wellingtonent.com/products/mswitchb.html
and there are also a few others. Which one should I chose?
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1124 Posts

Profile of maps
I received my cobra light after a 1 week wait and it looks great.
It was smaller than I imagined but loved the size as it's great for carrying around.
It's as what everybody says it was.
The only thing I don't like is that no instructions comes with it.You need to scan a Q code number to access the instructions and I have no means of doing that.It's now sitting on my desk and I am stuck with no instructions.
I've emailed Yaniv but have yet to hear from him.
Could someone who have the instruction please help me with it?
Thanks
the heart is where the magic begins
Visit my website
[www.mascotsandpuppets.com]
rhettbryson
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Profile of rhettbryson
Maps.... At the bottom of the pasted on label with the QR code is a web address where you can view both a performance video (the same one as on the Cobra magic website) and an instructional video on the handling - which you DO have to view before you perform the piece. One would NEVER figure it out on their own. I suggest you look back in this thread and acquire the radio Shack switch covers that I talked about to replace the cheaply done switch covers from Cobra Magic. Have fun with it - I have.
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Quote:
On 2013-03-13 06:40, richard_mentalism wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-03-12 16:22, simcoscor wrote:
I found a pair of "275-324 SPST Mini Toggle Switch" on Ebay, at fair price.

Hi Simon,
Can you please submit a link for this toggle switch on Ebay? I do not succeed to find it and I want also to order them. (I will let them know to send you the commission Smile )

Here is the link to the ended auction. If you don't find any "live auction" for it, you should send a message to the seller (Walter), who is a very nice person to deal with...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-Lot-of-2-SPS......6d158d83
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cobra Magic - Magic Light (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL