We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Vinny Marini at the Magic Castle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BarryFernelius
View Profile
Inner circle
Still learning, even though I've made
2328 Posts

Profile of BarryFernelius
I was at the Magic Castle for the Mystery School lecture, featuring Jeff and Abbi McBride, Bruce Kuhlman, Tobias Beckwith, George Parker, Larry Hass, Jordan Wright, and Eugene Burger. (The audience for this lecture was a who's who of the world of magic. I've never seen this many great magicians together at the same time.) I recognized Vinny Marini from the Magic Café, and we talked briefly. Vinny is one of those guys who laughs easily. He's charming and funny, and deadly with a deck of cards.

After the lecture, Vinny was sitting at the end of the bar. He was engaged a verbal joust with an intelligent, beautiful, and feisty woman. No magic. No card tricks. Just a battle of words, back and forth, with quick wit and one-liners. Vinny's a proud Italian American from New York, and the resulting fireworks were more entertaining than a network sitcom.

It turns out the woman also was of Italian descent. She's a world famous magician who's performed all over the world. Her charity work with CauseToWonder.org is awe-inspiring. Lisa Menna truly is a wonder. I think Vinny's met his match!
"I don't teach people stories about the coyote for them to tell. I AM the coyote. They tell stories about me."
-Pop Haydn
vinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
sleeping with the fishes...
9279 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Barry you are right on about Lisa , I did meet my match , but she took my silk hanky that was part of the silk and bra trick lol and stuffed it down her clevege. I never got it back.....she did kiss me on the cheekas I was leaving for dinner.
ps it was a pleasure to meet you as well......
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
jayres
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of jayres
Sounds like a great night. Vinny, I think you were out numbered. Lol !!

Jay
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
V.I.P. ;)
6400 Posts

Profile of Mb217
All hail The Godfather. Smile Glad you got a chance to catch up with Vinny at the Magic Castle, Barry, he's really quite a magician and just as great a guy. But I'm sure you know that well enough by now. Smile
*Check out my latest FlySki , Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Not much new under the sun I hear but under the moon, well who knows, that just might be a horse of a different color." -Mb Smile
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1696 Posts

Profile of SIX
Vinny is a great guy! Look forward to the day I meet him Smile

Thanks for sharing and Im going to write to Lisa now, I think we can do a lot of work together with Magicians Without Borders.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
sleeping with the fishes...
9279 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Six i'am comming to New York this spring will cath up with you and my friends Marion and Mano .
hope you guys can make it to Vegas for magic live in August, will meet up with Mickey Silver, and jim Canaday.who is going for the very first time.
As For Lisa hope she is enjoying the silk hanky lol..
by the way I did not realize who she was when we were joking around...

vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Vinny Marini at the Magic Castle (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.211440 seconds, requiring 30 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [3] [6] [4] [3] [8] [1] [6] [8]