The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Victorian Academy of Magick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Voodini
View Profile
Inner circle
1450 Posts

Profile of Voodini
A little page I've created on Facebook in preparation for my first novel release later this year. Kind of alternate history, steampunky, Victorian thing. The actual novel will be a collection of 3 stories with a thread between all 3: The Magic Wand Maker's Apprentice, Sherlock Holmes and the Vampire Watson, and Paul Voodini vs the Zeppelin!

Anyway, if you use Facebook please pop along and 'like' and if you have time, please share the page so the community grows.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Victo......5?ref=hl
Voodini - cold reading, past life regressions, remote viewing, Q&A, palm reading, bizarre & seance...
www.readerofminds.co.uk
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1840 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Interesting concept.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie

Check out my books written by Richard Grayson.

www.weepinwillie.org
MarkFinn
View Profile
New user
North Texas
76 Posts

Profile of MarkFinn
Liked. Looking forward to seeing this project completed. All of this stuff is right in my wheelhouse.
Mark Finn
Raconteur, Ne'er-Do-Well

I can be followed, but never shadowed:
twitter.com/FinnsWake
Brynmore13
View Profile
Elite user
Australia
487 Posts

Profile of Brynmore13
Great concept and photos.
All is perceived through the gate of the mind.
Voodini
View Profile
Inner circle
1450 Posts

Profile of Voodini
To give you a flavour of the kind of thing you can expect to see on the Victorian Academy of Magick, here's one of the posts from today:

"Time travel will be invented in the year 2025. How do we know? Because that is the year that this delightful lady claimed to have traveled from. In the year 1898, according the contemporary reports, Alexandria Alexis appeared 'as if from nowhere' and took New York society by storm. Some fawned over her while others claimed she was insane. This debate was however rendered moot when, on New Year's Eve 1899, she simply disappeared..."

Voodini - cold reading, past life regressions, remote viewing, Q&A, palm reading, bizarre & seance...
www.readerofminds.co.uk
espkeith
View Profile
Veteran user
CT, USA
332 Posts

Profile of espkeith
This sounds really cool. I'll give the page a like in a bit. Best of luck with the novel, Paul!
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
2511 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Likin' it. Stunning photograph.
Brynmore13
View Profile
Elite user
Australia
487 Posts

Profile of Brynmore13
I've been following this on facebook and enjoying it a lot.
HeatherV
View Profile
Regular user
Music City
174 Posts

Profile of HeatherV
I love the idea, but can't stand FB. If I could, I'd like it there, but noooooooo I won't be sucked back in. The stupid is incredibly strong, there.
espkeith
View Profile
Veteran user
CT, USA
332 Posts

Profile of espkeith
Quote:
On 2013-03-15 04:46, HeatherV wrote:
I love the idea, but can't stand FB. If I could, I'd like it there, but noooooooo I won't be sucked back in. The stupid is incredibly strong, there.

True, but this is worth the stupid, in my humble opinion. You can always choose not to display certain people's posts, thereby reducing the stupid quite a bit. Smile
Fred Darevil
View Profile
Elite user
447 Posts

Profile of Fred Darevil
I really love Paul's Victorian Academy of Magick, photos and stories are fascinating !

It has been a great pleasure for me to make this video for him (thanks for your confidence Paul): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqNhT0HezIM

I hope you'll enjoy it. Please, remember to "like" the video and the Facebook page (it will help Paul for his next coming book project): https://www.facebook.com/VictorianAcademyMagick
Brynmore13
View Profile
Elite user
Australia
487 Posts

Profile of Brynmore13
Great video Fred
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Special user
A REAL person wrote these
788 Posts

Profile of Christopher Gould
It is a great pity that Fread has been banned, that is a great vid. Also, Paul continues to do real interesting stuff. A bow to you gentlemen.
www.alchemy-moon.co.uk
What's brewing? Keep up to date.
http://alchemymoon.wordpress.com
THE way to get directly in contact:
alchemymoon@outlook.com
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3075 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Quote:
On 2013-02-26 10:24, Voodini wrote:
To give you a flavour of the kind of thing you can expect to see on the Victorian Academy of Magick, here's one of the posts from today:

"Time travel will be invented in the year 2025. How do we know? Because that is the year that this delightful lady claimed to have traveled from. In the year 1898, according the contemporary reports, Alexandria Alexis appeared 'as if from nowhere' and took New York society by storm. Some fawned over her while others claimed she was insane. This debate was however rendered moot when, on New Year's Eve 1899, she simply disappeared..."

Wrong: Time Travel was invented in 1910. Read Time Trap. Smile
Voodini
View Profile
Inner circle
1450 Posts

Profile of Voodini
Quote:
On 2013-04-08 02:22, Christopher Gould wrote:
It is a great pity that Fread has been banned, that is a great vid. Also, Paul continues to do real interesting stuff. A bow to you gentlemen.

Thanks Chris - VAM will also form the basis for my performance at Doomsday - what could possibly go wrong?? Smile
www.readerofminds.co.uk
Voodini
View Profile
Inner circle
1450 Posts

Profile of Voodini
Quote:
On 2013-04-08 03:04, The Curator wrote:

Wrong: Time Travel was invented in 1910. Read Time Trap. Smile

Time is very fluid. I guess it depends which timeline you're on. It's entirely possible that we're on separate timelines but are able to communicate because our streams are currently running very close to each other. However should our streams drift apart or separate at a fork in the road, then one or both of us would simply disappe
www.readerofminds.co.uk
ajb6864
View Profile
Elite user
UK
487 Posts

Profile of ajb6864
Talking of time travel, I have just come back from 1861, where I spent time with your photographer friend's brother Oliver.

Oliver was also a photographer and owned the largest photographic studio in Europe, based in a humble seaside resort called Scarborough, which by pure chance (or is it?) happens to be the next town to Whitby, the venue for Mr Voodini's future performance! He introduced me to many of his friends, including the very colourful character and painter, Paul Marny.

I stood one evening, paralysed, and watched in awe as Oliver Sarony dived into the sea on a violently stormy night to try and rescue Lord Beauclerk who had been valiantly attempting to save the life of the coxswain of Scarborough's lifeboat as they in turn had been trying to reach a stricken coal steamer.

It is fitting that their graves are less than 15 feet apart in the local cemetery, a place I go to speak to my friend often!
Voodini
View Profile
Inner circle
1450 Posts

Profile of Voodini
In an adventure that would later inspire Quentin Tarantino's 'True Romance', vampires Ellie Granger and George Cooper left the safety and structure of their hive and embarked on a spree of robbery and murder across the north of England. After two weeks of being on the run and causing mayhem amongst the mortal populations of Durham, Hartlepool and Chester-le-Street, the pair were tracked down by a team of vampire law enforcers and were summarily executed by means of a stake to the heart. This punishment was thought necessary to help maintain good relations between the 'warm' and the 'cold' (mortals and vampires). This picture was taken in a photographer's shop in Hartlepool on the evening of March 16th 1889, a mere eighteen hours before the couple were executed for their crimes. Whether the (presumably) human photographer survived this encounter is not noted.

www.readerofminds.co.uk
MatCult
View Profile
Special user
633 Posts

Profile of MatCult
It looks like this is going to be an amazing project! Is the Kickstarter page up yet?
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
- Tom Robbins
**Zoltar's Stars - A Miraculous Star Sign Divination**
Voodini
View Profile
Inner circle
1450 Posts

Profile of Voodini
Quote:
On 2013-04-09 07:54, MatCult wrote:
It looks like this is going to be an amazing project! Is the Kickstarter page up yet?

Going to be sitting down and working through Kickstarter tomorrow (Wednesday) so hopefully it will be up very soon (depending on how long it takes Kickstarter to approve campaigns etc.).
www.readerofminds.co.uk
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
3879 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
I thought you could not photograph,vampires ? Smile

Best of luck with,VAM ! Pictures I have seen,do look Great!
"If you watch Godzilla backwards,it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Voodini
View Profile
Inner circle
1450 Posts

Profile of Voodini
Quote:
On 2013-04-09 11:01, Godzilla wrote:
I thought you could not photograph,vampires ? Smile

I'm happy to report that this is an urban myth. Same as garlic, as any Italian vampire will attest to. Smile
www.readerofminds.co.uk
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
3879 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Now,I know! Smile

Thanks!
"If you watch Godzilla backwards,it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Voodini
View Profile
Inner circle
1450 Posts

Profile of Voodini
Kickstarter project submitted. Wait and see if it's approved now - can't see why it shouldn't be.
www.readerofminds.co.uk
cirrus
View Profile
Inner circle
his minions made
1736 Posts

Profile of cirrus
Quote:
On 2013-04-10 12:37, Voodini wrote:
Kickstarter project submitted. Wait and see if it's approved now - can't see why it shouldn't be.

Post the link when it is approved... I will certainly pledge
Voodini
View Profile
Inner circle
1450 Posts

Profile of Voodini
Quote:

Post the link when it is approved... I will certainly pledge

Thank you! I will indeed.
www.readerofminds.co.uk
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
2912 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
It's a grand vision, Paul.

I look forward to peeking into it.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

www.magicpendulums.com

www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
dorian_faust
View Profile
New user
California, USA
53 Posts

Profile of dorian_faust
A beautiful page, Sir. Well done! I will most definitely put forth some money when the Kickstarter page is up.
Voodini
View Profile
Inner circle
1450 Posts

Profile of Voodini
Quote:
On 2013-04-10 14:50, dorian_faust wrote:
A beautiful page, Sir. Well done! I will most definitely put forth some money when the Kickstarter page is up.

Thank you! Smile

Gail Carriger just 'liked' the page. Most of you will be thinking "Gail Who?", but right now I'm on cloud 9!
www.readerofminds.co.uk
Voodini
View Profile
Inner circle
1450 Posts

Profile of Voodini
The Kickstarter project has been approved! I'll launch it in the morning - but for now, time to uncork something wet and red!
www.readerofminds.co.uk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Victorian Academy of Magick (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.308721 seconds, requiring 110 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[9] [7] [7] [1] [1] [6] [1] [5] [4]