The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Space walking coins (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
William Ogura
View Profile
New user
minnesota
28 Posts

Profile of William Ogura
I found a used space walking coins for someone who really wants it. 400$. The shop is a great one and the owner is well aware of how high the price is. He put in the description that it is really high because he likes it so much he wants someone who wants it more to buy it. Pm me if you want it.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
That's too high. What is the condition of the taped hinge on the gimmick?
stuartle
View Profile
Regular user
* UK *
142 Posts

Profile of stuartle
The person bought that from me recently on the auction site snd paid little over $310 for it and it's gone directly on to the website! The condition is as good as new!
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
The majority of people who buy my tricks on ebay says me they buy it to sell back them later to make money.
But I guess I should sell them very cheap to increase their margins, I would be less greedy... This is how we see the hazy theories of some crashing into the reality of things.
And besides, after spending more than 4 hours per day for more than 3 years to make the blog for all collectors, I think if I want to sell my Tenyo high price like Midas Machine ( wich is my last one), nobody should make me the negative comment on it. Whatever I do I would have given many many many more than received.
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
As Wiz said before: No one is in the wrong.

Besides, there's no such thing as free lunch in collecting Tenyo, and the so called "value" of literally anything is only a snapshot. Therefore, new collectors do need a price guideline at least but should not he told about something like an absloute value.

If Stereo or anybody else sets a price that marks the pain barrier for him to part with that item, it's fine.
If nobody buys it, that's fine, too.
If someone buys it because he wants it now or he doesn't want to spend more time searching or because he simply can afford, guess what? That's fine, too.

This debate will probably never end while leading to nothing.
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
pierredan
View Profile
Special user
Dai Vernon's birthplace
540 Posts

Profile of pierredan
You left out the only scenario where someone can possibly sell a $200 Midas Machine when they consistently go for $50.

The scenario is - A new buyer who does not know that they go for $50 (because they do not know how to look up completed auctions) spends $200 at least twice as much as anyone should pay.
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
That scenario is covered either:
Quote:
... sets a price that marks the pain barrier for him to part with that item...
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
I think Houdini summed it up... if you collect any significant amount of Tenyo on some things you will invariably pay more than perhaps you need to and some you will get a great deal but in the end things tend to balance out.... at least that is what I tell my wife Smile

John
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
And Frankly a brand new 1981 Midas Machine does not cost 35 euros PierreDan... ( 35 euros is the price we pay in France for the latest tricks like Magical Door, not for a trick which has more than 30 years)... need to stop be delirious.
If some sold for low price is only because there were several for sale at the same time.

I have the impression to hear someone else.
cyberdave03
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of cyberdave03
Quote:
And Frankly a brand new 1981 Midas Machine does not cost 35 euros PierreDan

Actually, Stereo, they do. Most of the items in the list below are new. Note the final prices:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=teny......_ipg=100
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Yes as I said actually maybe, because there is several for sale at the same moment.
But I do not speak about the price of ebay, but the price I think worth this magic for me, and for me it is worth more than 35 euros, I bought it myself far more expensive at the time.

Any way if there are other less expensive on sale at the same time as mine so the customer will buy the cheapest.

I wonder how we can explain why often some items sell more expensive and price continue to rise while there is another item, exactly the same, available for sale at the same time in the same page, for less expensive. I've always found it curious.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

With EIGHT copies of Midas Machine sold recently on eBay, one can't even make the claim that they are hard to find. Obviously they're not. And while it's a great Tenyo trick (one of my all time favorites), if they're so common that there have been eight on eBay recently, then none of them should sell for more than $45.

I have to try and pick up a Japanese one: the plate for the bill is, of course, completely different since it must match their equivalent of a $10 bill. (There are no $1 or $5 bills in Japan.)
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
I always wondered what it was that part of the Japanese version and some USA version, on the transparent window, which show image of the bill gradually disappear. It's just something that serves as packaging?
It's not on my brown version.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-P50cxR6aXro/UC......kage.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-VjHQDCpK55g/UM......ge+1.jpg
Marlowe
View Profile
Regular user
MA
162 Posts

Profile of Marlowe
Correct, stereo.
it is just a part of the packaging.
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1039 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
By request.....Smile
It's An Illusion Unless I Can't Fix It Then It's A Reality.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

There are two different versions of the Japanese packaging: one has the bill fading away, the other does not.
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1039 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
Stereo

If you are missing the color insert then how can the trick be new and sealed like it says in your listing, it would seem most obviously it has been re-glued. $200 for a re-glued trick? Anyone else notice this or is it just me? If I am wrong explain the missing insert? Anyone else ever get one NIP missing this insert?
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1039 Posts

Profile of MrWizard

I looked into this further and it seems that the magenta version came with the Insert in the package where the glue has failed and the brown one came without.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Quote:
On 2013-03-02 21:22, MrWizard wrote:
Stereo

If you are missing the color insert then how can the trick be new and sealed like it says in your listing, it would seem most obviously it has been re-glued. $200 for a re-glued trick? Anyone else notice this or is it just me? If I am wrong explain the missing insert? Anyone else ever get one NIP missing this insert?

So pleasant. Thank you.
peterger
View Profile
New user
Belgium
91 Posts

Profile of peterger
Mine also always came without a color inlay...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Space walking coins (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL