The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » NEW ILLUSION IDEA. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
serg
View Profile
Elite user
Ukraine
433 Posts

Profile of serg
Hello friends! Just find interesting photo... Look little like Bill Smith Audience dismember,but another design and secret! Without back panel and nothing under the table.Even more deceptive then Taylor Reed versions. I think great idea!!! http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4......&theater
MagicalMotivator
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of MagicalMotivator
That looks really interesting.
Rick Rossini The Magical Motivator
www.rossinimagic.com
www.magicalmotivator.com
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1411 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
But I don't think it can be done with an audience member as cleanly.

However.. it's a good design for what it is...
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1447 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith Magic
Is that a Murder Inc. behind the leg box?
dahih beik
View Profile
Special user
palestine
817 Posts

Profile of dahih beik
I find this has two elements the frame idea from tylor reed and the separation from steinmeyer, but the method to me is obvious
this looks as a fat illusion , tayelor reed has took this illusion a step forward
this one took it a step behind .
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
In my opinion, it is nowhere near as deceptive as the Taylor Teed one. Too much "deceptiveness" for such a small illusion.
-Matt
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
There's a lot of space under his butt.
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
I'm a big fan of Bill Smith's work, but the illusion in this photo is just not deceptive. Perhaps the person in the photo needs to be used for this illusion for some reason we don't know, and perhaps they are a little on the chubby side. If that's the reason for the design, then it reinforces why for most illusions it's important to use a person that trim and svelt and weighs in the range of 85 to 130 pounds.

Dennis "Denny" Loomis
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
serg
View Profile
Elite user
Ukraine
433 Posts

Profile of serg
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4......&theater I think experienced builder can made much thinner base,but idea new and interesting ( without mirror.... and back panel and space under the table).
dahih beik
View Profile
Special user
palestine
817 Posts

Profile of dahih beik
Serg you may be right about the panel mirror .. but you'll need a good builder and a small sized assistant to make this deceptive but then again this type of split is good because its done with an audience member other wise the full seperation is stronger .dont you think so??
tristanmagic
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of tristanmagic
This is not a new idea!
This is Steinmeyers Audience dismember and some of Taylor Reeds idea's with an extra M..... hidden in the B... so you don't need to use the back panel. (Serg, it does use a m.... ;-) )
I know several people who have experemented with this idea before but while it looks good on video or on a picture it doesn't look very good live.
Also people just think the mid section of the audience member is hidden in the B...!

Not an improvement, not deceptive and he didn't get any permission from Steinmeyer or Taylor Reeds to use their idea's/concepts.

If you look at his other pictures you will see some more rip-off illusions like a terrible build suspended animation.
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1673 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
As I've said before ... when you start messing with someones idea, it doesn't mean you are improving it or furthering the art of magic. I've seen this time and time again.

For example: the Origami Box is a perfect illusion ... you don't need to mess with it. Everything has been thought out, thoroughly from beginning to the end. You are not going to come up with anything to make it any better ... it's a simple fact.

Some things are better left untouched ... that simple.

Steve
Falconer
View Profile
Special user
PORTUGAL
576 Posts

Profile of Falconer
This prop is not deceptive. The base is so thick!

But, the touch of Taylor Red is an excellent improvement on Steinmeyers Audience Dismember!

I agree with tristanmagic said!

Falconer
FALCONER
IMAGICIANS.DE facebook falcobook
serg
View Profile
Elite user
Ukraine
433 Posts

Profile of serg
Ok I agree with you...i only find new photo and ask your opinion Smile May be Steve right : Some things are better left untouched ... that simple!
serg
View Profile
Elite user
Ukraine
433 Posts

Profile of serg
Ok I agree with you...i only find new photo and ask your opinion Smile May be Steve right : Some things are better left untouched ... that simple!
tristanmagic
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of tristanmagic
Funny to read what he wrote below his picture:

"Super indeed. inspired by a effect of Steinmeyer, but without the disadvantages. Only the benefits"

Yeah, right ;-)
John Taylor
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
136 Posts

Profile of John Taylor
I love it when people change an already great effect and claim theirs as something totally original without showing any respect for the original illusion they got the idea from in the first place.

I think Taylor Reed's method is great!

I also think with a little bit more tweaking this design could also works well.

Guys just a reminder I don't work here but please be careful what you say here about methods extra as it's an open forum.

Cheers,
JT
stephane_arnow
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of stephane_arnow
Hi
this prop is mine. Build specially by VOSTINIC in France. Vostinic is the inventor of Vosticube , VOSTIRAMA, VOSTINOVI and different levitations effects.
It is a prop different than audiance dismember (I had one during 1 year, second hand build by bill smith, good but I have sold it).Beleve me , the base isn't thick. The black bottom of bill smitj version look chicker. I had to say that Vostinic don't have seen my Bill Smith version ,and it is Vostinic who propose the prop that he has developped the design. just the base itself was build different than it's first version, with my suggestion.
For the rest, if you speed about a prop not legitimate that should be still in my photos album, the prop isn't used anymore, and sleep in the back of my storage area.
I m open to speak about my version of Women Sawung in half,even if you still think that it is a copy of Steinmeyer version (but it is not ) and I can say that it is done 100 % with audiance member, as I do since December (date I have place the routine in my shows).
thanks
stephane_arnow
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

I can show you better photo, on stage. This one is not the best
look : https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=......&theater
stephane_arnow
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

And I have others new photos when girl is cutted, but not on Facebook
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » NEW ILLUSION IDEA. (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL