The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Zombie Dream gimmick by Jeb Sherill (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
KIDDMAGIC
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of KIDDMAGIC
I've developed a routine with Jeb Sherrill's Zombie Dream gimmick and I absolutely love it! It is expensive, but well worth it! It's very comfortable and allows for moves otherwise impossible. I've had other magician's approach me astonished as to what they had witnessed. Does anyone else use this amazing device? If so, what are your thoughts?
Even less known as David Kidd

Baltimore, Md. Curator of

THE MAGIC OF BALTIMORE
billappleton
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Gatos, California
1155 Posts

Profile of billappleton
Is this available again?
KIDDMAGIC
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of KIDDMAGIC
I didn't realize it was a limited edition item. I just found another thread about it here
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......c=180684

THE MAGIC OF BALTIMORE
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
1977 invention of mine
This perfomance was in 2008. Two shows back to back.
http://magicians.podbean.com/village-ball/
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
20747 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2013-03-11 23:22, KIDDMAGIC wrote:
I've developed a routine with Jeb Sherrill's Zombie Dream gimmick and I absolutely love it! It is expensive, but well worth it! It's very comfortable and allows for moves otherwise impossible. I've had other magician's approach me astonished as to what they had witnessed. Does anyone else use this amazing device? If so, what are your thoughts?

I never heard of anyone actually using the ball set up. They were only on the market for a very short time. Jeb Sherrill could not keep up the manufacturing of the balls, as I recall.

Members on the Café do say the video is very good, but that only means they have purchased the DVD and watched it. There have been one person who said he used an idea with his standard ball setup.

Most member's post like you did, very vague and without any reason or explanation for the question.

Jeb Sherrill last commented a few months ago, he only sells the videos currently. If possible he makes a few of the balls for a lecture or if someone contacts him personally.

He may pop in to comment as usually someone contacts him that they are discussing his product.
Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
7366 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Ha! NEIL FOSTER didn't use a gimmick! (At least, that's what he told me:)
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
KIDDMAGIC
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of KIDDMAGIC
Ha! Bill, I'm not sure what you mean by vague or without reason. I simply wanted to hear from anyone else who uses this device. I don't see any crime in that.Just wanted to strike up a conversation, that's all. Because of the search engine on this site, I didn't initially find any posting on the subject. I use my own Moressey and Vernet Zombie Balls, so I'm not sure what you mean about using "the ball setup." Are you being vague? LOL! I was referring to the gimmick itself, I think it ingenious and am having fun and success with it.

THE MAGIC OF BALTIMORE
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Quote:
On 2013-03-12 16:32, KIDDMAGIC wrote:
Ha! Bill, I'm not sure what you mean by vague or without reason. I simply wanted to hear from anyone else who uses this device. I don't see any crime in that.Just wanted to strike up a conversation, that's all. Because of the search engine on this site, I didn't initially find any posting on the subject. I use my own Moressey and Vernet Zombie Balls, so I'm not sure what you mean about using "the ball setup." Are you being vague? LOL! I was referring to the gimmick itself, I think it ingenious and am having fun and success with it.

I posted my video because Jeb's Gimmick is very similar to mine (for the foulardless routine) and was a response to Kiddmagic request. Jeb and I have compared notes starting a few years ago. He was amazed that someone else even thought along the same lines as he, much less in 70's BC (before computers.) Mine can use any standard zombie ball.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Brad Lancaster
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of Brad Lancaster
Magicians, do you offer your gimmick for sale?
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
I pm'd you.
But, I am sure if you contacted Jeb, he could accomodate you with his.
Jeb Sherrill
View Profile
Inner circle
Elsewhere
1161 Posts

Profile of Jeb Sherrill
KIDDMAGIC,

I appreciate the interest and I'm very glad you've come up with a routine employing the Dream Gimmick. When you're done, I'd love to see a video. Smile

Just to clarify for everyone, my two volume Zombie Re-Animated DVDs, which are still on sale, came before the Dream Gimmick and have nothing to do with it. The first is a broad encyclopedic look at moves done with a normal set-up. The second sports a large array of various advanced moves and set-ups, including the one Ian is referring to. Of course, the Dream Gimmick comes with a DVD made just for the gimmick, but only those who bought the Gimmick have it. I stopped manufacturing the gimmick to the public at large because Number one: I had grown too fond of it to keep selling it in mass, and Number two: it had become non-cost effective to sell them at wholesale prices. Now I only sell them custom to pros who want a gimmick that will perform strange moves the basic gimmick can't. I also use it in my show as well. I do hope everyone who has one is enjoying it.

Jeb
I don't believe in reincarnation, but I may have in another life.
KIDDMAGIC
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of KIDDMAGIC
Awesome Jeb! You made my day. I abolutely love the Dream gimmick as it renewed my interest in performing the Zombie effect. I am working to release my own line of retro table-top illusions. I rehearse my routine daily. It is realy ambitious as I employ two different ways to levitate the ball, mainly featuring the Dream gimmick. I hope I can do your vision justice. You are the master. I have never had so much fun in my life rehearsing an effect! The subtle geniusness of your design and the way it reacts to minute movement is amazing.

THE MAGIC OF BALTIMORE
Al Schneider
View Profile
V.I.P.
A corn field in WI surrounded by
879 Posts

Profile of Al Schneider
Awsome.
Can you do the routine close up with lights on?
Al Schneider
Magic Al. Say it fast and it is magical.
Jon Blakeney
View Profile
Special user
Australia
657 Posts

Profile of Jon Blakeney
Here is a clip of the Dream gimmick in action.

http://youtu.be/FEwOKTngm-0
'What the eye's see the heart must believe"
Jeb Sherrill
View Profile
Inner circle
Elsewhere
1161 Posts

Profile of Jeb Sherrill
Jon,

That's fantastic. I've never gotten to see anyone using my gimmick before. It looks great!

Jeb
I don't believe in reincarnation, but I may have in another life.
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1324 Posts

Profile of Stucky
I remember when this first came out. It was pre-Facebook and before Youtube really caught on. (I think I saw it on David Mann's old site) I can say that I'm not entirely sure how all of those moves were done.
Official Thread Killer
Jon Blakeney
View Profile
Special user
Australia
657 Posts

Profile of Jon Blakeney
Thanks Jeb,the clip was from 2009,I feel a lot more at home with the dream nowdays.
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2115 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
Wow. This fools me. The move where the ball goes over the arm and comes out from under it is just amazing.

Before I saw this video I did not know what the "Dream" gimmick was. I was thinking that perhaps it was a name for the Jim Sommers very clever Zombie Gimmick. This used to be sold by Magic, Inc. I don't know if you can still get it or not.

Dennis "Denny" Loomis
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
Jon Blakeney
View Profile
Special user
Australia
657 Posts

Profile of Jon Blakeney
Hi Dennis,yeah it's a great move,my personal favorite is the float above the foulard feature,it kills Zombie owners.
I got some nice comments of a couple of French guys that found it on youtube,(I had to translate them though,lol)
Poindexta
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Poindexta
Really, really wish I could find one of these for sale. Jeb, I know you said you only sell to pros, but the zombie is one of my favorite effects ever! If I ask nicely, would you sell me one? What if I throw a tantrum, will that work? Kidding, of course, but if anyone has an extra one laying about, PM me please!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Zombie Dream gimmick by Jeb Sherill (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL