The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » No More Shrinking Decks?? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I was just talking to Paul at Hocus Pocus, and he tells me Bicycle, (or more accuratly, U.S. Playing Card Company, is no longer making the miniature decks. In fact, he also says they sold to another company and has nixed all their magic related cards! I think that kind of spells disaster. (Not for them, but for us)

The other part of me (the part that's NOT yelling "The sky is falling, the sky is falling!", says there has to be a proverbial silver lining.  Or light at the end of the tunnel. Or "hope."

Give me some good news, fellas!

And  does ANYBODY know where I can get my hands on some mini Bikes? 

Google yielded no positive results.

Daff
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
padre rich
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of padre rich
Go to kinko's/staples and make your own cards,boxes,etc. it's ez once you get the hang of it.otherwise you'll have to pay the boys to make them for you...go on youtube put in BRICK TILLEY LITTLE CARDS to see handmade small cards.if you need a deck of cards make them in sheets from a master w/cardstock paper in between...or suffer...
God's grace rocks! It makes a good cups and balls routine look pretty boring in comparison.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Someone on the Café just turned me on to probably the LAST decks of mini Bikes on planet earth. They were in a relatively unknown magic shop, and I was able to obtain a couple decks. Very happy camper, now.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Why not make a suggestion to some of the companies that make novelty decks for magicians? Sure, the back design wouldn't be Bicycle, but it could be a design that matches a novelty deck.
ReviewerMaster
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of ReviewerMaster
Card sharks would make them if you special request.
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
Actually, I am really considering Mini Decks as well as Jumbo Decks in Phoenix.

That would complete the range of Phoenix from Mini, Bridge, Poker, Parlour and Jumbo.

What exactly would you need or wish? Now is the time to tell me. Because I will have three decks on a sheet, one red backed, one blue backed... And what else? Gimiicks? Double Facers? Different design? Somone suggested not a Phoenix back but an altered Phoenix Back, something that would be seen if you would tirn a Phoenix card sideways and would do a double fold like the old MAD comics to make the card small as a Mini card.
Expert in playing card production for magicians.

The Person Who Says It cannot Be Done Should Not Interrupt The Person Doing It!
Chinese Proverb
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1369 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
I vote for mini's !
Jumbocards are (usualy) used on a stage or in "salon-conditions" on there own and it is rare that they are used together with normal cards.
And there are already parlourcards....

Mini's on the contrary are OFFEN used together with normal cards in close-up routines (shrinking, photo, ect.) I therefor would find it logic that they would have the same backdesign as the normal ones.
roguewave
View Profile
New user
IL
88 Posts

Profile of roguewave
Second vote for minis. I don't even know where my old bicycle minis are at. The OP is making me panic that I need to find that box now.
Motor City
View Profile
Special user
Metro Detroit Area
587 Posts

Profile of Motor City
Third vote for minis with the Phoenix backs.
Herr Brian Tabor
View Profile
Special user
Oklahoma City
729 Posts

Profile of Herr Brian Tabor
Fortunately, I picked up about 2 dozen a few months ago, Toy's R Us was selling bicycle minis for a buck a piece and I bought 'em out.

however, if they aren't making them anymore, I'd probably prefer them in the Phoenix decks before anything else, as well as jumbo.
seraph127
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of seraph127
For the third card on the sheet, I'd vote for gaffs.
There are many tricks, and many effects, but rarely a Grand Effect. There are many entertainers, but few real magicians. Many technicians, but few artists who use their art to explore their vision. - Derren Brown, Absolute Magic
TheBentos
View Profile
Loyal user
Grim North
246 Posts

Profile of TheBentos
Old thread, but wondered if mini Phoenix decks are ever going to be released? I’ve seen that Mark Masons new effect CSB cards uses mini Phoenix cards?
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2018, TheBentos wrote:
Old thread, but wondered if mini Phoenix decks are ever going to be released? I’ve seen that Mark Masons new effect CSB cards uses mini Phoenix cards?

sorry, that I am not around here a lot, so I just saw the message. What, if you would just have sent me an email? You would already know the answer for two months..

Yes, Mini Decks are in the planning. Any trick cards or tricks in Mini cards requested? I am open to listen...

Chinese Proverb
Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Quote:
On May 13, 2018, Card-Shark wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2018, TheBentos wrote:

sorry, that I am not around here a lot, so I just saw the message. What, if you would just have sent me an email? You would already know the answer for two months..

Yes, Mini Decks are in the planning. Any trick cards or tricks in Mini cards requested? I am open to listen...

I would LOVE to see some Albo cards make it back on the scene. Not necessarily in mini tho. 👍

Apparently Bicycle said they would no longer print cards with an altered back design (that is what I heard). Sounds like BS to me tho considering (off the top of my head) Paul Harris has released Twilight Angels wich have altered backs. If I thought about it for awhile I'm sure there are others as well. Michael Ammars deck just straight up costs too much for me. I also think the deck is unfamiliar looking. People recognize Pheonix and Bicycle as a "normal" deck imo.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Jul 23, 2018, Dollarbill wrote:
Apparently Bicycle said they would no longer print cards with an altered back design (that is what I heard). Sounds like BS to me tho considering (off the top of my head) Paul Harris has released Twilight Angels wich have altered backs. If I thought about it for awhile I'm sure there are others as well. Michael Ammars deck just straight up costs too much for me. I also think the deck is unfamiliar looking. People recognize Pheonix and Bicycle as a "normal" deck imo.

NOT BS at all, the "Rider Back" which is now also called "Standard" cannot be altered at all (including the Ace of Spades). You should have noticed by now that ALL new gimmicks are coming out in "Mandolin Back" or "Maiden Back" (although either can be thrown in a standard and pass by most specs). This has been going on for a few years now (and why I use Phoenix Back now) http://themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic......&forum=2

As for Twilight Angles - http://penguinmagic.com/p/8147 only available in "Mandolin" (for a while now).
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Quote:
On Jul 23, 2018, Poof-Daddy wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 23, 2018, Dollarbill wrote:

NOT BS at all, the "Rider Back" which is now also called "Standard" cannot be altered at all (including the Ace of Spades). You should have noticed by now that ALL new gimmicks are coming out in "Mandolin Back" or "Maiden Back" (although either can be thrown in a standard and pass by most specs). This has been going on for a few years now (and why I use Phoenix Back now) http://themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic......&forum=2

As for Twilight Angles - http://penguinmagic.com/p/8147 only available in "Mandolin" (for a while now).

............ And apparently it went right by me too! 😂🤦‍♂️

Attention to detail? Not always my thing! ha! 😃😜. I have not noticed the new gimmick thing you talked about. Interesting. Just now getting into cards for the most part.
My next deck or two will be Pheonix. I was going to order one but I really needed a packet wallet so I went with that. I like the fact that Card-Shark has a "small business" attitude is willing to listen and maybe even produce what the community is wanting. Being (very small) self employed myself I have tremendous respect for that. Who does that anymore? Nobody, that's who. 😔. Well, except for, Card Shark and myself! ha! Thanks for the insight Poof! Appreciated as usual. 😃. db
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
I am listening... Smile

Chinese Proverb
Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Quote:
On Jul 23, 2018, Card-Shark wrote:
I am listening... Smile

Did you hear the part about Albo Cards? 😛😛🤣🤣🤣😜.
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
You can get custom cards made, how you will call them is up to you.

Chinese Proverb
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quite elated that I found the mini decks at The Magic Warehouse, if memory serves. I believe they had sent me an e-mail. So anyway, I I purchased a crapload of them. And I am putting them to good use! They come in real handy.

Now I was going to post this as a separate topic, but I'll just mention it here and see if I get a nibble: is there such an animal as Bikes that are not the jumbo bikes, and not the standard size, but somewhere between standard and jumbo?

I have a use for them, if they exist and if I can find such a thing, but I don't really recall ever seeing such a deck.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » No More Shrinking Decks?? (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL