The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Peter Turner Rocks The House. Penguin Live (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1089 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
Quote:
On 2013-04-14 08:37, Dave Nic wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-04-14 08:28, Peter_turner wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-04-14 08:26, Sean Giles wrote:
I think this is the only thing that I've ever pre-ordered. Just don't know if I can stay awake that long yet but I'll try!

It's quite thrilling to finally get to see someone who doesn't have any performance videos available anywhere (except Portugal vid), and is held in such high regards by his peers.

It sounds like its gonna be a good one 😊

Good luck Pete 😊

Best
Sean

Thanks Sean,

Expect nothing and you will get everything, expect everything and you will get nothing Smile

I hope it goes well haha

Pete x

Budda like,

I like it. 10 hours 23 minutes and 14 seconds to go. Not that I'm counting... =P

Geez, how much of a fan boy do I sound right now..

:D Not at all!

It is going to be very raw and from the heart, I hope you guys appreciate it for what it is. The real value is going to lie in the mid section I believe x
Myke Phillips
View Profile
Special user
Myke Phillips
819 Posts

Profile of Myke Phillips
I'm really excited about this lecture too. It's the first lecture I have pre paid for. I'm not even waiting for reviews, I know Pete will share something special in his lecture.

Regards
Myke
magicman29
View Profile
Special user
hertfordshire
943 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Hey don't forget the text pete Smile

Kieran
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1089 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
I won't fella Smile

If you don't get one you know I was **** Smile

Pete x
Morgan Strebler
View Profile
V.I.P.
Inside Your Mind
376 Posts

Profile of Morgan Strebler
I'm looking forward to seeing this lecture a lot! Peter is going to kill it!! Smile
Morgan
<BR>
<BR>http://www.morganstrebler.com
celebrity
View Profile
Special user
906 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Morgan sadly after speaking with Pete earlier today he said that he is cutting out the live sacrifice from his lecture since customs held onto the goat that was found in his suitcase! Smile
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!
dspivey
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of dspivey
I reserved my seat at the monitor last week. $25 more to Penguine - I predict my wife is going to start getting a little frustrated.
Myke Phillips
View Profile
Special user
Myke Phillips
819 Posts

Profile of Myke Phillips
Quote:
On 2013-04-14 14:57, celebrity wrote:
Morgan sadly after speaking with Pete earlier today he said that he is cutting out the live sacrifice from his lecture since customs held onto the goat that was found in his suitcase! Smile

So Funny! Hehehehe!
Morgan Strebler
View Profile
V.I.P.
Inside Your Mind
376 Posts

Profile of Morgan Strebler
LMAO! Smile
Morgan
<BR>
<BR>http://www.morganstrebler.com
Dave Nic
View Profile
Loyal user
Brisbane
203 Posts

Profile of Dave Nic
This has been my favourite lecture so far. Im going to have to watch this many more times to get the info that I want out of it. So much information packed within and it was great to see Pete perform live.

I can feel myself going on a spending binge. I must know about everything Pete has put out. I knew the man was good, but wow.

Kudos man! Your lecture gave me a headache! - In a good way!

Thanks Pete=)

- Dave.
MagicAtlas
View Profile
Special user
658 Posts

Profile of MagicAtlas
I've had the pleasure of having a one-on-one session with Pete via Skype and was essentially treated to a private lecture with the whole thing shaped by a running dialogue. While I hope that he got something from my end of the exchange, I certainly went away enriched.

He is insightful, creative, and has a gift for empathy that is (I think) the real key to the power behind his work. There is absolutely no ego here - he is genuinely a good guy. In my opinion, he's the sort that would have done this Penguin lecture for free, as it gave him the chance to talk mentalism simply because it is his driving passion.

I'm not surprised to see the outpouring of support for him here and elsewhere. It is well deserved.

Best,

Atlas
Voodini
View Profile
Inner circle
1509 Posts

Profile of Voodini
Pete is ace. I love him. Hopefully he has now won over the doubters. Mentalism is in safe hands. I'm glad I'm retiring from the scene - Pete's a tough act to compete with! Smile
Voodini - cold reading, past life regressions, remote viewing, Q&A, palm reading, bizarre & seance...
www.readerofminds.co.uk
northernwarrior
View Profile
Regular user
Croatia
102 Posts

Profile of northernwarrior
I messaged Patrick live with a little challenge for Peter. Peter performed on skype for me previously, but I really doubted he can guess numbers I thought of, and sent only to Patrick, but somehow Peter nailed it, and I had to pick my jaw off the floor. I genuinly can't think of a method for what he did. Mister Turner, you are, without a trace of doubt, living legend, and one of the brightest mind of todays mentalism. Smile

all the best,
Marko
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
World of Ideas
3591 Posts

Profile of Amirá
I was busy yesterday , but I saw flashes of the lecture.

Those flashes worth the price alone.
Now waiting the download and waiting to have some time to watch this full piece of art.

Best
Pablo
Performer and Author
www.amirasideas.com
magician 336
View Profile
Inner circle
1331 Posts

Profile of magician 336
The lecture was fantastic, Peter came in and he did his thing without holding back which is just what people needed to see. I was the first participant and if you think you got a headache watching then try being one of the people live in studio, everyone in the studio audience was attentively one edge like I've never seen before.

Pete is a one of a kind guy where he doesn't really need mentalism to blow you away, I walked in one day to him divining star signs, pin codes, ect without a *** thing being written down then drove him down High Street in Columbus last night and he had memorized every building in order on the entire Clintonville/Columbus after being here for only two days! There are so many other legends I could share from hanging out, but point is that everything you have heard is true and I doubted it too until I witnessed it all first hand. Great job Pete, you delivered inspiration and created another series of legends that no one will ever forget!

-Jakob
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3597 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
There have been a few people over the last few months saying that Peter was a nobody, being hyped by a bunch of friends.
They demanded proof in the form of videotaped shows, while hiding behind their own veil of anonimty and made-up-names.

Those of us who knew the truth were shouted down as cronies and hangers on.
Maybe now they'll be forced to admit their ignorance (though they never would publicly)
It's time for the doubters to wake up, and not just smell the coffee.
But strap on their life vests and grab hold of anything that floats, 'cause there's a tsunami a comin' to mentalism.
And it's called Peter Turner
magicman29
View Profile
Special user
hertfordshire
943 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Well fu#king said steve!! Smile

Kieran
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
5421 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Here we go...
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
2203 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
I met Peter in Blackpool this year, he is a very nice and generous guy, his thinking is something fresh and out of the box! Look forward for his DVD Smile
voh002
View Profile
Elite user
471 Posts

Profile of voh002
Can someone actually say something about the lecture? Was it about effects, how to do readings etc. What kind of effects, stage, close-up... Thanks.
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2231 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Quote:
On 2013-04-15 12:39, Stephen Young wrote:
There have been a few people over the last few months saying that Peter was a nobody, being hyped by a bunch of friends.
They demanded proof in the form of videotaped shows, while hiding behind their own veil of anonimty and made-up-names.

Those of us who knew the truth were shouted down as cronies and hangers on.
Maybe now they'll be forced to admit their ignorance (though they never would publicly)
It's time for the doubters to wake up, and not just smell the coffee.
But strap on their life vests and grab hold of anything that floats, 'cause there's a tsunami a comin' to mentalism.
And it's called Peter Turner

ditto
Twitter: @GSBKY and Author of "Inspired"
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
11687 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On 2013-04-15 13:18, Mindpro wrote:
Here we go...

I'm going to have to politely ask you a question here...(as you have been inquisitive about pete before now)

even though you have evidence, can see it for yourself, see others witness it too - why can't you just give credit where its due? or to even think about whether you've overly harsh towards pete? to be open-minded...

I'm old enough to not really care about any kind of online reputation - and I've spent a little time with pete, and he is genuinely a good lad, and that's not even talking about mentalism or anything else...and he's young, talented and if you met him, you'd see that too...

sooooooooo...i guess I am saying (politely) to drop the current state of mind, and be open to a change of mind(pro)...

you know what happens to a rigid branch in the wind don't you...

and lets not forget, this was a LIVE lecture, no cuts, no edits, live and die by the performance...
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3597 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
I should make it clear that my post wasn't made as an attack or to start yet another Café war.
So no one needs to get upset.
But sometimes it's nice to be able to show that you weren't making things up.

I once discovered a track by Whitesnake that everyone else said was crap.
It got nowhere.
It was re-released with one slight change (the word hobo to drifter) and was a huge hit.
Felt very sweet.

Steve (the peaceful) Smile
celebrity
View Profile
Special user
906 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Managed to stay up and watch roughly two hours worth last night. Demolished a bottle of whiskey and woke up with my ipad in one hand and empty bottle on the floor and a smile on my face.

Can't wait to do the same again tonight and pick up wher I left off!!!

Well done Peter Smile
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3597 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Probably not the first time you've woken up with an empty bottle and a smile on your face. Smile

Steve
celebrity
View Profile
Special user
906 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Steve YOU must be psychic too ha ha Smile
Myke Phillips
View Profile
Special user
Myke Phillips
819 Posts

Profile of Myke Phillips
I did watch it live but it seems I was the only one who's connection cut off for 20-30 minutes. When it came back on Pete was explaining an effect I hadn't seen which was really annoying.

Myke
BlueOwl
View Profile
New user
Dayton, Ohio
99 Posts

Profile of BlueOwl
Last night I had the pleasure of attending Pete’s lecture in person. I will try to keep the “hype” to a minimum, but I witnessed some incredible moments, so that could be difficult. I arrived early so I could have some time to meet Pete and get to know some of the other lecture attendees. From the get go Pete kept contact to a minimum and only wanted know my first name and nothing else. While he performed a few effects for us, he didn’t really interact with me or any of the other attendees. As a result all of the performances during the lecture where legit, and I (along with everyone else in attendance) were in awe during Pete’s performances! After the lecture he performed some effects and readings that I couldn’t (and frankly for the joy of experiencing wondrous moments didn’t want to try to) wrap my mind around.

If your goal is to improve your mentalism, your magic, your performance of art I whole-heartedly recommend spending the $25 (still discounted as I am writing this post) and enjoying the lecture many times over.

I rank Pete’s lecture up with Harry Anderson’s in terms of value to improving my performance and providing me with a bounty of food for thought. I would say that Pete’s lecture leaned towards the theory side (which I love), and the effects seemed to highlight the theory. But he does share effects and goes in depth while explaining. He even managed (through his explanation and discussion of techniques) to instill me with the confidence to start utilizing bold techniques in my performances. I had never had the opportunity to experience these techniques live and I am not sure how the power of them translated while watching at home, but Pete has helped me understand their value and effectiveness.

Pete discussed a wide variety of theory including the power and necessity of implication, observation skills, infusing your actions with credibility, confirmation principle, heat displacement, emotional relevance, creating a legend, the importance of being yourself and so much more. As far as effects, he performed an ACAAN, predictions, mind reading, a bit of reading, a p**k and a s****h, several forces, many subtleties, and more. I won’t make a specific list because I experienced a lot after the lecture and don’t want to mix them up.

Three things really stood out for me:
1) Pete has a passion for our art and joy of performing that permeates everything he does.
2) Our art deserves respect and I should perform as such (hard to do this point justice, but Pete does)
3) Take chances and I can create miracles

I could go on and on but my son will be getting up from his nap soon. Really the highest praise I can give Pete is I felt a true sense of wonder while experiencing his performances last night and he is a genuine gentleman that I would share a beer with any day of the week.

Enjoy the lecture!

~ Nathan
j100taylor
View Profile
Special user
693 Posts

Profile of j100taylor
I drove from Cleveland and missed work in order to see this lecture. I've never met Peter before but was very curious because of all of the threads about him on the Café. I think the above posters (esp Nathan) have done a great job describing the lecture and stressing the unscripted nature of his performance.

Here are some things that stood out for me.

Peter is super friendly and has a magnetic personality. Immediately upon meeting him he asked if I had a deck of cards (I did of course), asked me if I had a favorite card - I said the five of hearts. He asked me to start dealing and stop at any time. I tried to trip him up - I know the stop trick. I dealt about 30 cards but dammit I stopped at the five of hearts. He then did the same thing to the guy next to me. Blew me away.

The first effect of the lecture was an ACAAN that fooled me completely. During the explanation I realized that this was an effect from his ebook "Dare to be Bold" which I own. I remember reading it, thinking about it, but deciding that it wouldn't fool. I will be re-reading that book.

After his initial set, I don't recall him doing any more effects until right at the end but still found the lecture intense and interesting. He finished with a performance only of Isabella’s Star.

Afterwards we went to the bar and a few beers. Like I said he is very open, friendly, and interesting guy. He made me feel like one of his mates. It wasn't long before he had a few local girls under his thrall. I don't know - maybe he hypnotized them...
Lakewood, Ohio
Colin
View Profile
Inner circle
Central Scotland
1245 Posts

Profile of Colin
I've just tried to watch it.

It's not online for me you though.

Anyone else having this trouble?

Col
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Peter Turner Rocks The House. Penguin Live (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.455298 seconds, requiring 104 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [5] [9] [3] [5] [4] [4] [8] [8]