The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Jumbo appearing flowers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2140 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
There's no section for "Flower magic" so I'm posting this here.

Does anyone know where to get the giant appearing peony effect like the ones used in Chinese shows? The 3 sites I've found are all in China, and don't take credit / debit cards! Only Western union transfers, and I'd rather not go through that risk / bother. SOMEone must make them here....or Europe or somewhere!
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
If you post a link to where you did find it, it is more likely that someone will make the connection to a seller here.

Jia you!

-Mary Mowder
Signor Blitz
View Profile
Elite user
419 Posts

Profile of Signor Blitz
This is the best place to check

Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
http://www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com

He is also on the Café - but don't know if he will see this so you may want to reach out yourself
Harv
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm building a fence with
1127 Posts

Profile of Harv
You could try Maxello Magic. They have 107 items under the category Flower Magic. They carry a lot of very nice and affordable appearing bouquets, flower pots, botanias and the like made by Tora Magic. You can find a lot of Tora Magic demo vids on YouTube.

http://www.maxello.com/index.php?s=8ef61......=21&c=17
The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
2140 Posts

Well, I DID find something cool at Maxello's that I bought....but not what I was after. I'm just gonna have to wait till the next time I go to China!
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
I hate to rain on your flower garden, but the giant production peony from China looks fake simply because it is so large and so symmetrical. Using Spellbinder's technique for working with and making large spring flowers (from The Wizards' Journal #21 - Flowers That Bloom With a Spring) you can make a large but more natural looking peony production, gathering them into a bouquet rather than one single giant peony. That's my opinion, having seen the giant peony from China and Spellbinder's mixed color peony bouquet with random foliage made from Dollar Store silk flowers.

Don't forget to produce the scent of the flowers at the same time as you produce the flowers, to create a lasting impression on the audience.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2013-04-15 14:58, Signor Blitz wrote:
This is the best place to check

Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
http://www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com

He is also on the Café - but don't know if he will see this so you may want to reach out yourself

I agree.

Check out the 11 Bloom Poinsettia he made me

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e150/D......63ff.png

His flowers have higher prices but the cost is less because they last for years if treated properly. The low quality knock-offs from over the seas do not last as long when treated properly. You will have to keep purchasing more and more.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
The above link will not work.

The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
2140 Posts

Whoo-HOO!! I LIKE!!

Are those from tubes, or what?
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Here's a photo of my 25-bloom poinsettia Botania, that arrived from Richard Hughes a couple of months ago. In this photo, it's on my main show table, but in the show itself, I perform this on a thin side table.

I've always wanted to own (& perform) a really nice Botania. I had never purchased one in many years of performing, because the cheap ones didn't look nice enough to put into my show. So, I saved up for this one.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2013-11-26 03:26, The Mighty Fool wrote:
Whoo-HOO!! I LIKE!!

Are those from tubes, or what?

Tubes, holders, sleeves, square circle, streamer, servante, you name it.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
The secret of Dynamike's act is routining, practice and performance. It is not what you do or how you do it, but how you sell it. Watch some of the videos and see how Mike has grown into the flowers. It doesn't not happen overnight. But once you start seeing the reactions you get, you will never do a show without them. Laymen absolutely love good flower magic.

Richard
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2013-11-26 14:29, hugmagic wrote:
The secret of Dynamike's act is routining, practice and performance.

Why did you give away my secrets? Smile

Quote:
It is not what you do or how you do it, but how you sell it. Watch some of the videos and see how Mike has grown into the flowers. It doesn't not happen overnight. But once you start seeing the reactions you get, you will never do a show without them. Laymen absolutely love good flower magic.

Richard

Here's the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLR1Q7z37MI

P.S. I am sorry to those who already seen the video 100 times.
Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
760 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
I have to echo what has already been said here. Go with Richard for your feather flower needs. I have a few items that I have purchased from him, one being a peony bouquet.

Here is my 7-bloom, Peony Bouquet made by Richard. I bought these from him close to 10 years ago.

"Those who simply walk in others' tracks leave no footprints."
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I like the quality of Richards. Most others do not like that long.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2014-01-25 19:57, Dynamike wrote:
I like the quality of Richards. Most others do not like that long.

Correction: Most others do not "last" that long.
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
I can only speak for myself, but being detail oriented I'd like to see a little larger pic of Jimmy's flowers.
Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
760 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
Quote:
On 2014-01-27 19:25, Starrpower wrote:
I can only speak for myself, but being detail oriented I'd like to see a little larger pic of Jimmy's flowers.

LOL
"Those who simply walk in others' tracks leave no footprints."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Jumbo appearing flowers (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL