The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Multiplying Bottles (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
R Don
View Profile
Regular user
West Coast
197 Posts

Profile of R Don
There is a good "how to present muptiplying bottles"
in this months S.A.M. magazine. May.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On 2013-05-14 17:03, R Don wrote:
There is a good "how to present muptiplying bottles"
in this months S.A.M. magazine. May.

Yes, and some good info from Paul Osborne in May's Linking Ring, on repainting a set. Timing is everything!
~michael baker
The Magic Company
billappleton
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Gatos, California
1154 Posts

Profile of billappleton
Looking for a climax to the multiplying bottles. I have been thinking about table loads.

Say for example you bring the tube to the back edge of the table, a way to load (say) a Botania into one tub@ then the other.

Can anybody point me to prior thinking on this type of load? Thx
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Bill,

For my bar act, I steal another pair of bottles from the back of the table. I have them perched on a hook-like thing with the neck ends uppermost and the bottles at a specific angle so that natural body movement drops right down on them. So, I produce a total of ten bottles, but at the end, I have a pop-up sign on the table that says, "BAR IS OPEN". Just as this comes into view, I grab a giant bottle that sits on a floor level shelf, also behind the table. I simply toss this up with a wrist snap and catch it when it clears the table. The sudden appearance looks great and catches everyone off guard.

I think there are lots of climax possibilities, but for me, I want it to be congruent with the routine. If you are producing a lot of flowers then a Botania would make sense. Otherwise, you'd need a strong segue.

Regarding the load, just give them something better to look at the moment you snatch the load. Timing and choreography go a long way. Smile You can figure out your own servante, hold-out or whatever you need to make it all go smoothly.

~michael
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2013-05-14 21:19, billappleton wrote:
Looking for a climax to the multiplying bottles. I have been thinking about table loads.

Say for example you bring the tube to the back edge of the table, a way to load (say) a Botania into one tub@ then the other.

Can anybody point me to prior thinking on this type of load? Thx

Bill, there is nothing published to my knowledge on loads except Paul Osborne's elevator table idea on loading a bottle. It is not made for the bottles routine, but you can get the idea and expand on the number of table legs. It was published in the old Genii Magazine, so it would be in his book on items previously published.

Michael Baker gave you his idea, and there was an old article again in Genii magazine about some bottle acts.

Actually, the bottles did not become popular until recently. They seem to have always been around in one form or another.
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2597 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
To Bill Appleton; The magic box on the Isle of Wight in the UK back in the 80's used to produce a set of bottles ith a table with a shelves at either side at the back for loading extra bottles or whatever you wanted as a finale. They also sold a final load bottle that you could pour a drink from and which then turned into two bouquets of flowers.
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
billappleton
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Gatos, California
1154 Posts

Profile of billappleton
Hi all thanks for the information! Michael I love what you are doing there.

Thinking about a knee powered tube loader....
billappleton
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Gatos, California
1154 Posts

Profile of billappleton
Tom Stone has lots of ideas for the bottles in Maelstrom, definitely worth a read

One (more or less) obvious insight is that the innermost bottle has lots of free space in the top...
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Michael. That's a great photo.

I've been working on a table that's thin yet loads, loads. I was going to keep it to myself but there seems to be some interest. It's worked-out I just need to make one.

Bill. My Kuma Tubes ends with a 25 bloom bouquet that appears to come up out of the tube... but that's a different table. Just think about a big sleeve and pulling the bouquet up with the tube half off the table. it's a good optical illusion and the production is much larger then the tube. The tube is flipped over in the middle of the "pull" and the bouquet appears to appear from above. (I should post a movie sometime but I have an old habit of keeping a lot of stuff, for better or worse, secret)
kh-magus
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of kh-magus
KOKUBUNJI STUDIO

http://www.magus.tokyo/shop/

Extreme Multiplying Bottles

Ring on Glass Stem
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2013-10-10 07:04, kh-magus wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrJTsVg5fN8

Wow...He fooled me badly!

This has been posted previously, some nice ideas, sort of another take on the Marconic idea of putting the attention the scarf instead the bottle and glass.

He has some nice ideas on presenting the Ken Brooke Multiplying Bottle Routine a little differently.
marcofrezza
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of marcofrezza
Hello everyone. I'm new to this site, it's my first day and first post. I have a set of Ken Brooke Bottles and am looking to paint them as they look a little dull. Looking to give them a little bit of a pop from the stage. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to go about painting them?

Thinking they need to be sanded down first, primed, and then lightly coated as to not disrupt or jam the nesting size with too thick coats of paint.

Not sure what type of spray paint to use or glossy glass finish to use, how many coats, primer yes or no, clear finishing coat?

If anyone has any suggestions or has done this type of work before, I would be eternally grateful.

Thanks in advance.

M
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Marcofrezza, welcome to The Magic Café!

Check this thread for info...

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=26
~michael baker
The Magic Company
marcofrezza
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of marcofrezza
Thanks Mr. Baker!!! I'll check it now.
roberthoudin
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of roberthoudin
Such a great method to analyze this effect by Sealegs.... Giving me a great way to analyze possible multiplying bottle routines to chose the ones that are magical for me. I think the handkerchief bit is a great piece, as is the "liquid" bit that can be performed with some of the available sets (like Harries)...

Now, taking this to an extreme on the entertainment end would be France's Huges Protat http://youtu.be/HAAbnuuZqk4 . Using a hillbilly character, who look like the kind of guy who could indeed have had a few drinks before he tries to impress his friends with bad magic... Is a great idea. And how would one suspect the precision used to enter so many additional sets of bottles in the first couple of minutes, and provides plenty of misdirection to load additional sets, hidden in the ingenious design of the table legs... How would a spectator suspect how much rehearsals was needed to remember where these sets were positioned on the table, so that they can be covered by the tubes without hesitation in the sequence when Huges multiplies bottles in an unbelievable crescendo... Everything is done to take away from professional material and to look more arts and crafts (the tubes have been covered to look like they were made with cardboard tapped together) plus surprises that make sense to an audience... Table extensions, folding tables from DIY stores, the running gag created by the microphone, re-enforcing the idea this is cheap material that could have been tempered by the character's friends for a good laugh... But in fact distract the spectators so that they can completely lose track of what bottle has been used already.... And the subtleties that will resonate with French audiences: entrance music is the main track from Jacques Tati's Mr Hulot's Holiday - suggesting awkwardness and uncontrolled consequences, Anglo Saxon audiences would respond better to Mr Bean' s music. At the beginning of the unreal crescendo of botlle production, Zapateado from La Folie Des Grandeurs, suggesting images of Louis de Funes (trying to get smart but often not in control either) and a fast speed horse chase in the movie. Finally, offenbach's / French cancan music used to signify it is time to relax, encourage standing ovation following the music rhythms... Leading to the final production. Huges is in fact a very smart man... Delivers great entertainment in the process, and such a large number of bottles that by the time it's done, even the public that suspects the method cannot possibly understand how that method could be used produce so many bottles out of these two tubes.... That would not be my style, but I appreciate the originality and the performance. I hope you do too.
The Bard
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of The Bard
I performed my own routine of the multiplying bottles for the first time tonight at my church's community carols event.

https://youtu.be/5_C2mGNveNA
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1174 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
I love the multiplying bottles. This is my new presentation with some classical music in the background.

https://youtu.be/icw7cBgyNtU
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3691 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
This is my presentation of the Ken Brooke routine:

ScottMN
View Profile
New user
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
72 Posts

Profile of ScottMN
Great presentation Pop! Curious who made your bottles? the custom labels are wonderful too!
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3691 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
Those are Ken Brookes bottles that I had anodized. I made the table and tubes, and the labels were designed by Steve Mitchell.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Multiplying Bottles (15 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL