The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Peter Turner Live (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1067 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Is this a good lecture?

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3438
My new 100% HANDS-OFF ACAAN (book) is available here : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8758 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Acar
View Profile
Veteran user
362 Posts

Profile of Acar
It's by far the highest rated event we've hosted. People who have never posted a single review went out of their way to praise it.

You'll see why in the first 10 minutes, I promise you.
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1076 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Dorian, it is INCREDIBLE
AngeloAces
View Profile
New user
Brooklyn New York
54 Posts

Profile of AngeloAces
I have re-watched it at least 3 times and every single time I learn something new. Hands down the best money I have spent in a very long time.
MovieMan
View Profile
Special user
550 Posts

Profile of MovieMan
There's also this thread (go to around the middle of page 3):

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=15&141

It was an AMAZING lecture. Unreservedly recommended.
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1852 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Yes. It is well worth it.

I wish I could meet Peter in a bar. I would buy him drinks all night just so I could listen to him. I love his tangents.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
1466 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
This lecture is awesome and you get isobellas star which retails at $29.99 so the lecture is issentially free.

Mark
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
4002 Posts

Profile of parmenion
It will unfortunately not help you for you children show
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1067 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Thanks for the positive feedback guys! I will go for it.
My new 100% HANDS-OFF ACAAN (book) is available here : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
3336 Posts

Profile of george1953
You wont regret it, its good .
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1067 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
This lecture is great! Thanks for all your positive opinions guys!
DonEduardo
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of DonEduardo
Just bought this. Watched the first 10 minutes and umm, it's just amazing. He talks so fast I'm glad I can rewind and relisten over and over.
bond19
View Profile
Special user
Blackpool, England
992 Posts

Profile of bond19
Man, Peter's like a freight train of ideas.. he does talk fast, but almost everything he does say is worth listening to. I've already started using a couple of ideas of his and they DO help routines to hit harder..

POW!! (now that made me chuckle!!)
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4231 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I think Peter Turner is actually a real psychic, pretending to be a mentalist. No,no, you can't convince me otherwise.
He is just too good. Awesome lecture.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
lukecloughmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of lukecloughmagic
Is this a good lecture for those that have no past experience in mentalism, but would like to learn more? Or is it aimed at more seasoned mentalists?
magicman29
View Profile
Special user
hertfordshire
932 Posts

Profile of magicman29
It is aimed for the more advanced mentalist,

Kieran
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
1466 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
I wouldn't call myself an advanced or even intermediate mentalist and I got a lot from this lecture and continue to get tons from it.

Mark
DonEduardo
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of DonEduardo
I would say it is geared more to advanced only in that it provides a great deal of insight into how to do your own thing better and doesn't really include a bunch of routines that you can just go out and do. I mean, like Mark said, you can sure get a lot out of it, but if you are choosing between this and say Richard Osterlind's 13 Steps to mentalism DVD's then I'd hit those first. But if you already have some great routines worked out and you want to take them to another level, I think this is great for that.
magicman29
View Profile
Special user
hertfordshire
932 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Quote:
On 2013-08-28 07:10, Mark_Chandaue wrote:
I wouldn't call myself an advanced or even intermediate mentalist and I got a lot from this lecture and continue to get tons from it.

Mark

So would you tell a beginner in mentalism to get this?

Kieran
Knobz1
View Profile
Regular user
Morris, IL
127 Posts

Profile of Knobz1
I consider myself a beginner in mentalism. I have been doing magic since I was about 8 years old but never really got my hands dirty with mentalism. What determines a beginner in mentalism and a pro? I know how to do center tears, acidus novus, shredder by Spidey, etc...but I know there is sooo much more out there that you can do with mentalism. I'll be honest with ya. I watched the lecture and came out telling myself if this is what mentalism is supposed to look like and be like........I want in! So now I am starting at the roots and trying to gather books on the subject and further explore this crazy thing we call mentalism Smile
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
1466 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Quote:
On 2013-08-28 12:01, magicman29 wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-28 07:10, Mark_Chandaue wrote:

Mark

So would you tell a beginner in mentalism to get this?

Kieran

I wouldn't tell them not to, this really is an inspirational lecture and I suspect that a beginner watching this would be inspired to want to be a great mentalist. However if a beginner was on a budget I would point them to the fundamentals like Corinda, and Anneman first.

Mark
magicman29
View Profile
Special user
hertfordshire
932 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Mark you are right it really is a inspirational lecture!

Kieran
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
1466 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
With the possible exception of Ascanio this is the only lecture that gave me goosebumps.

Mark
DonEduardo
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of DonEduardo
I'm just awed by the number of hits he achieved. He claims so much of it was chance and he was just being bold, but dang, didn't it seem a lot more than just chance? He called the guys sign, got it right, and then later explained, "Na, I get it wrong 11 out of 12 times." The only time I remember him missing on one of these supposed bold guesses is when he was explaining the method to someone in the audience. I know he explains techniques where he's able to cut off the spectator before they reveal any wrong guesses, but sheesh, we were looking for it and couldn't see it!

I'm going to have to watch this over and over and over and over .....
magicman29
View Profile
Special user
hertfordshire
932 Posts

Profile of magicman29
To be honest I really do think the man has some sort of psychic ability, anytime I've met him he hits time after time! I've seen him walk up to random strangers and guess their pin code and their star sign, theres no fishing no progressive anagram just nails it bang on! In the lecture he states that with the star sign revelation he gets it wrong 11 times out of 12, as long as I've known him I've yet to see him get it wrong!

Kieran
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
1466 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Star signs I've always been able to hit with a high degree of accuracy just on instinct so maybe there is something to astrology but the rest of the things Pete does are inexplicable. Pete is a phenominum and unfortunately a lot of what makes Pete, Pete you can neither teach or learn, only watch and wonder.

Mark
Steve Suss
View Profile
Inner circle
1014 Posts

Profile of Steve Suss
I think two of the most important things that Pete teaches is to be bold and to be lucky. If you've got that you don't really need any other techniques. LOL
Steve
DonEduardo
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of DonEduardo
I should point out he did make a few wrong "guesses" but later explained he did those just for effect. And yes, it sure did add to the effect.

Either he's doing something unconsciously, or he held back a little on his methods. Which I wouldn't blame him, he gave us a lot for the small price of admission.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Peter Turner Live (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.185155 seconds, requiring 82 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [1] [6] [3] [0] [6] [0] [3] [4]