The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Devil's ACAAN (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..11~12~13 [Next]
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Coming soon as an indivdual ebook. ACAAN which has the following features: Once you show the deck to the spectator you never touch it again; spectator can truely pick any number; spectator can truely pick any card; no forces; spectator opens the deck and counts down the cards; regular deck used; no gimmicks.
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Price? 5632,7 $ ? Smile
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
DelMagic
View Profile
Special user
721 Posts

Profile of DelMagic
Do you know the card and number before you hand them the deck?
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Quote:
On 2013-05-17 13:39, doriancaudal wrote:
Price? 5632,7 $ ? Smile

that price just for you Smile
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Quote:
On 2013-05-17 13:45, DelMagic wrote:
Do you know the card and number before you hand them the deck?

I will give more details once it is finished but once you show them the deck you never touch it again (so you do not touch the deck after they tell you the card and number)
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
If I read you correctly, they tell you the card and number, and then you hand the deck to someone or table it (or perhaps produce the deck and give it to someone), and from that point the magician does not touch the deck.

In any case, sounds interesting, and will look forward to learning more.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Quote:
On 2013-05-17 14:38, Chessmann wrote:
If I read you correctly, they tell you the card and number, and then you hand the deck to someone or table it (or perhaps produce the deck and give it to someone), and from that point the magician does not touch the deck.

In any case, sounds interesting, and will look forward to learning more.

Thanks Chessman. I will add that anyone can do the effect but it is difficult. For those that want to perform a hands off ACAAN with no forces, this is it. However, just like Berglas' method was difficult and he felt not many people would do it, Devil's ACAAN is the same (however, the method is completely different than Berglas, it is for close up--not stage, and it is 100% accurate).
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Sounds very interesting brehaut. Looking forward to reading about it when it is released.

Just one question, if that is ok? If not, no problem.

Is the sequence of events in your ACAAN:
a) Deck is brought out of pocket. Card and number are named.
Or
b) Card and number are named. Deck is brought out of pocket.

Regards,
Martin.
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Interesting! Can you answer to these "ACAAN criteria" questions please?

1 - Is the deck on the table before the effect or is the deck seen after card and number are named?
2 - Is the card REALLY freely named?
3 - Is the number REALLY freely named?
4 - Normal deck? Stacked deck? Gimmicked deck?
5 - Calculation has to be made?
6 - Do the cards need to be handled after the card and number are named?
7 - Can the deck be shuffled before the cards are dealt? If yes, by the magician or by the spectator?
8 - Who deals the cards: magician or spectator?
9 - Can the spectator or magician immediately turn the card at the number named?
10 - Are the cards dealt face up or face down?
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Hi Dorian,

I've never understood the desire for the cards to be shuffled in ACAAN effects.

It seems much cleaner and purer to me to table a deck, ask for card and number and have the number counted down to. It works either as a precognition on the part of the performer or as psychic ability on the part of the spectator.

Shuffling the pack seems to lead us into the world of the card trick. Am I alone in this?
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1995 Posts

Profile of Titanas
I totally agree Martin.
It's like taking out of all the imposibility of what just happened and give it a coincidence theme.

Best regards,
Titaas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
cirrus
View Profile
Inner circle
his minions made
1751 Posts

Profile of cirrus
I'm interested... when will this be released?
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Quote:
On 2013-05-18 10:07, Martin Pulman wrote:
Hi Dorian,

I've never understood the desire for the cards to be shuffled in ACAAN effects.

It seems much cleaner and purer to me to table a deck, ask for card and number and have the number counted down to. It works either as a precognition on the part of the performer or as psychic ability on the part of the spectator.

Shuffling the pack seems to lead us into the world of the card trick. Am I alone in this?

I also agree. Better if not shuffled. I just posted the question for sake of completeness.
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Quote:
On 2013-05-18 09:48, doriancaudal wrote:
Interesting! Can you answer to these "ACAAN criteria" questions please?

1 - Is the deck on the table before the effect or is the deck seen after card and number are named?
8 - Who deals the cards: magician or spectator?
9 - Can the spectator or magician immediately turn the card at the number named?
10 - Are the cards dealt face up or face down?

Can you answer these question, brehaut? Any idea of release date?
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
I would never perform an ACAAN where the spectator shuffled. I perform mentalism---a shuffled deck would make the effect a magic trick. My effect gives the appearance that I influenced the spectator to choose the number and card I wanted
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Quote:
On 2013-05-19 11:22, brehaut wrote:
I would never perform an ACAAN where the spectator shuffled. I perform mentalism---a shuffled deck would make the effect a magic trick. My effect gives the appearance that I influenced the spectator to choose the number and card I wanted

I know! I already said it is better if the deck is NOT shuffled, I totally agree with you.
Now, let's move on. Can you answer YES or NO to these specific questions please? I don't want to bother you, but just want to know what to expect from your ACAAN, which seems great. Can't wait!

7 - Who deals the cards: magician or spectator?
8 - Can the spectator or magician immediately turn the card at the number named?
9 - Are the cards dealt face up or face down?
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Couldn't agree more. Shuffling = magic trick.

But can your ACAAN deck be produced from a glove compartment while driving around London?
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Quote:
On 2013-05-19 11:35, Martin Pulman wrote:
Couldn't agree more. Shuffling = magic trick.

But can your ACAAN deck be produced from a glove compartment while driving around London?

It's funny you say that. I'm not sure but it sounds like you are referring to David Berglas. Devils ACAAN was partially inspired by stories I read about berglas performing for individuals. Like the one described on page 306 in The Berglas Effects. My effect is a completely different method but is similar in style to those stories (very close to the scenario mentioned on pg 310 with Peter warlock )
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Don't tell me brehaut. You're going to sell this ebook at an astonishingly high price, Ltd edition, and pre-order only (again).
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Quote:
On 2013-05-19 11:43, brehaut wrote:
It's funny you say that. I'm not sure but it sounds like you are referring to David Berglas. Devils ACAAN was partially inspired by stories I read about berglas performing for individuals. Like the one described on page 306 in The Berglas Effects. My effect is a completely different method but is similar in style to those stories (very close to the scenario mentioned on pg 310 with Peter warlock )

Interesting. Do you mean your method is close to the things explained (scenario) page 328 in the book?
Also, can you answer the specific questions I asked before?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Devil's ACAAN (11 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..11~12~13 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL