The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » Color Preference for Juggling Balls, Rings and Clubs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2194 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
What color or colors do you use for your juggling balls, rings and clubs. I see some have assorted colors and some using just one color. Why do your prefer choosing that color(s)?
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
Roy the Illusionist
View Profile
Regular user
Tennessee, USA
147 Posts

Profile of Roy the Illusionist
I prefer having assorted colors, right now I use hacky sacks when juggling, one looks like a baseball, one looks like a football, and the third one looks like a soccer ball. One of the reasons that I use assorted colors/designs is to prove that I am actually juggling, I was once accused of bouncing the same ball back and forth while just holding the other two, probably because they were jealous that I can juggle they can't.
Are you watching closely?
esther_scheffer
View Profile
Veteran user
the netherlands
316 Posts

Profile of esther_scheffer
I use all different colors for the balls because I perform mostly for children ad they like color. I like color too.
Some patterns are more clear for the audience or visually nicer with colors. But this is also often true for all props exept one the same color or two of the same and two off an opossite color or other combination depending on the pattern.

If chosing one color the same for all props consider a contrasting color from your background / decor and costume.
Light colors get dirty more quikly but often you can see them better.
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3395 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
For an example of how using all one colour with a single object of a different colour works, look up Viktor Kee's (spelling?) Cirque routine.

All white balls with a single red. Beautiful.
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Have two sets of striped sequened Dube juggling clubs, and I use purple Dube squeezits for no particular reason.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
fingerflinger
View Profile
New user
Seattle, WA
57 Posts

Profile of fingerflinger
Orange is my favorite color for juggling balls and rings...shows up well. For clubs, I like blue decorations, as they make a nice contrast with the white club bodies and handles. In general, I like blue and orange as a color scheme for other props too...these two colors contrast nicely with each other...
Bittertalker
View Profile
New user
Cape Cod
22 Posts

Profile of Bittertalker
I have an unconscious black and white theme for my juggling. It's just naturally what I gravitate towards, I guess. Even my prop bag is black and white. My main set of balls are a black, a white, and checkered Dubé beanbags. My clubs are Dubé euro clubs customized black, white and silver. The only color I have are rings (green and purple to go along with my black and white ones) and a green practice spinning plate. I just bought a set of Dubé cigar boxes, which are, you guessed it, black and white.
Stephen Wilbury
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Stephen Wilbury
UV orange, mostly because I can see it!
cbguy
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of cbguy
As a busker, I use 3 red clubs (px3 fully floral). Why? Because they can be seen from a distance. Also, RED means stop. Maybe I've thought too much into it, but it helps, plus...I can still see them at night.
MagicJuggler
View Profile
Inner circle
Anchorage, AK
1161 Posts

Profile of MagicJuggler
I use multi color for most standard jugging, though for stage I often use all white. My jugging clubs that I haven't touched in years are black and white with silver handles. They look real nice and juggle well but I never got seriously into clubs once I discovered contact jugging. For that I use clear acrylic, a variety of sizes depending on how many balls I'm going to use in the routine. If I am going to be outside in a sunny day I use a solid color, usually a smoky light blue but I like black or white depending on what I'm wearing. The clear acrylics for those that don't know act like a magnifying lens and can burn your hands in the direct sunlight if you're not careful.
Matthew Olsen

www.mattolsenmagic.com

I heard from a friend that anecdotal evidence is actually quite reliable.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » Color Preference for Juggling Balls, Rings and Clubs (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL