The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Doodle Me a Tree (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
andyfisher
View Profile
Veteran user
Norwich, UK
319 Posts

Profile of andyfisher
Hi Folks

I just wanted to let you know that a book that I have been working on for the last 12 months is now available to purchase through lulu. It is entitled 'Doodle Me a Tree' and offers a step by step guide to tree reading and graphology (specific to a person's autograph).

I have been doing tree readings for a few years now, having been inspired by both Rudy Hunter's 'Draw Me a Tree...and I'll tell you about yourself' (DVD) and some of Richard Webster's early material. I approached both gentlemen when proposing my project and they generously gave me their blessing to proceed. Indeed Rudy has written a lovely foreword for the book and Richard has offered me some sage guidance in drafting the book.

It is 198 pages, is printed in A5 and is fully illustrated throughout. In part one of the book I cover the complete tree reading system including how to interpret the tree's placement on the page, quality of line, canopy, neck, trunk, roots, ground and embellishments in all those areas. Then in the second part, I offer an overview of graphology (in my system the client doodles a tree and signs it and I use this as a way of interpreting not only their personal, but also social and professional identities)and I present a primer on how to interpret their signature in relation to their tree.

The book isn't written specifically for the mentalist community (just as Rudy's DVD is equally accessible for lay people) but there is plenty of advice about how to conduct a reading for other people and my recommended approach to presenting the system. If there is sufficient interest I may produce a complementary resource specifically for mentalists and this might include the practicalities of marketing and delivering tree readings at private and corporate events, demonstration readings (there are some full readings at the back of the book but I might present demonstration material on video so the structure of the reading itself is more clearly indicated including building rapport, annotating the doodle during the reading and how to close out the session) and perhaps a briefer pitch book and tick sheet that can be personalised for add on sales. I await feedback to see if this is something that would be welcomed.

Having looked at most, if not all of the published material on the market, I would tentatively suggest that 'Doodle Me a Tree' is one of the most comprehensive texts on the subject although I will leave it to you, my peers, to judge the quality of the material I have produced!

If you are interested it is available here - http://www.lulu.com/shop/andy-fisher/doo......395.html
and is priced at £9.99 which I hope makes it affordable and good value for such a resource. I look forward to your feedback and would like to thank Paul Brook who took a look at an advanced copy and seemed to like it:

'As someone who uses tree readings as part of my professional career, I know the impact they have, interest they garner and insight they provide. With 'Doodle Me a Tree' you will be able to tap into this world of analysis and interact with people on a much deeper level, and have fun while doing so. Andy will guide you through everything you need to know, the next step is simply uttering the phrase, "Could you...doodle me a tree..."

Paul Brook, Psychological Mind Reader
'Reading people and bringing them together'

www.doodlemeatree.com
seamagu
View Profile
Special user
885 Posts

Profile of seamagu
Hi Andy,

Sounds great, well done, had a look on lulu. Any plans to release it as an eBook?

Thanks
Sea
I love post its Smile
andyfisher
View Profile
Veteran user
Norwich, UK
319 Posts

Profile of andyfisher
Hi Sea

Yes - intend to have the ebook ready in a couple of weeks. Formatting will take a little while but will post when it is up and ready Smile

www.doodlemeatree.com
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Sounds solid and I've ordered a copy. Thanks for your efforts!
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of rasp
How is this different from 'Draw Me A Tree'?
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
On 2013-05-19 21:01, rasp wrote:
How is this different from 'Draw Me A Tree'?

You took the words right out of my mouth.
andyfisher
View Profile
Veteran user
Norwich, UK
319 Posts

Profile of andyfisher
Hi guys

Thanks for ordering a copy Tom. I have posted a reply to the question 'how is this different to Rudy's?' In 'Penny for your thoughts' but in essence the difference is that my book explores the topic in more detail and is a systematic how to guide whereas Rudy's DVD, excellent though it is, is a series of demonstrations from which his reading system is inferred. The book also has quizzes for the reader to test their progress, transcripts of full readings at the end and guidance on how to structure the readings.

If we consider the canopy for example, I explore the size and shape of the canopy relative to the canvas, whether it is a cotton ball, winter tree, Christmas tree, palm, or other type. I look at how the canopy sits in relation to the trunk, (whether it is centred or offset), and then consider embellishments such as birds and wildlife, fruit, leaf and branch detail, branch patterns and line quality.

Consequently the book presents a detailed set of reading guidelines that allow for a more extended reading for clients which can then be pared back for those times when the situation requires a lighter and briefer approach (say 2/3 minutes). A full reading using the material in this book lasts Up to 15 minutes and allows for questions afterwards should you wish to offer an even more comprehensive interpretation. Hope that helps clarify things Smile

www.doodlemeatree.com
andyfisher
View Profile
Veteran user
Norwich, UK
319 Posts

Profile of andyfisher
To further demonstrate how the 'Doodle Me a Tree' system might lead to a full reading I have included the transcript from a reading in the book which can be found on the complementary thread in 'Penny for your thoughts'.

Please do come back to me if you'd like to know any more details Smile

www.doodlemeatree.com
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
I'm in.
Mine is ordered.

I love draw Me A Tree.
And anything that builds on that, with Rudy's blessing, is something I'm very interested in.

I wish you much success with this Andy.

steve
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Thanks for the clarification. Best of luck with this project, I've always liked this format for readings. I also agree with what Steven said.
andyfisher
View Profile
Veteran user
Norwich, UK
319 Posts

Profile of andyfisher
Thanks so much Stephen, I really appreciate your support and would really value your opinion when you have read it. Mindpro, I have responded to your comment in 'Penny for your thoughts' and have invited you to PM me.

Rudy has been a gentleman and an inspiration from start to finish and has been so supportive of my project - I hope my book is a worthy addition to the work he has already done for tree reading. Time will tell!

www.doodlemeatree.com
Rainer - ParaLabs
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of Rainer - ParaLabs
This book has my highest recommendation.
Andy's work is powerfull stuff for any Professional reader with a big impact for the audience.
I love the way how Andy explaines the DMAT System.

We (Thomas and me) are working for years with the DMAT System (published in our book "Impressions form the Inner Mind in 2009) but Andy has lift up this System to a another level.
In my opinion, the book is to cheap!

Thanks Andy to got the chance to read your thoughts;-)

cheers
Rainer
andyfisher
View Profile
Veteran user
Norwich, UK
319 Posts

Profile of andyfisher
Hi Rainer - I really appreciate the endorsement from someone in the profession who holds my highest respect. Thanks so much and I will be in touch soon re. Charitable donations for the wordsearch book that I have made available to work with Steve Yachinin's TAC - I just need contact details so I can send them some funds Smile

www.doodlemeatree.com
andyfisher
View Profile
Veteran user
Norwich, UK
319 Posts

Profile of andyfisher
Hi folks - if anyone is wondering where the previous thread has gone, we are not sure! It seems to have vanished into the oubliette that is the mystery of forums such as this. The staff have kindly unlocked this older thread so that anyone wishing to post a review of the book can do so. In an effort to remain faithful to the posting guidelines of this section of the forum, we will need to restrain ourselves from talking about tree reading in general and about any possible future releases so please focus on what you did or didn't like about the book and the ideas it presents. Thanks so much and I look forward to reading your feedback Smile

www.doodlemeatree.com
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
I received my hardcopy the other day, and this is a pretty slick book to get.

It describes the what and why of Tree Readings, disects the sundry parts of reading the tree and walks you thru each of those elements, teaching and illustrating as it goes. Andy's teaching is clean and clear, and step-by-step. Since the readings' meanings do make sense and are logical, they are easy to understand, and thus easy to memorize. Again, thanks to Andy's clear teaching.

If you are a reader, get this book, add it to your arsenal. If you want to start offering readings, this is a good and easy and accurate way to start. I assume it is accurate, anyway, from the positive comments from those who do and have used Tree Readings in real life. I think if I were a table reader, I might have the waiting line fill out the tree and hand it to me as they sit...and whether I'm reading Trees, hands, palms or Tarot I can use that information to assess the innards of that person's mind, instantly and accurately.

I can see me doing this almost anywhere: conventions, banquets, parties, Fairs, anywhere, not to mention on-the-fly as a totally impromptu way to wow people. My mind is already thinking up the designs for a platform setup that could be played anywhere.

The book is good, and certainly is the best yet on this subject. Now to couple this with Rudy's DVD...

And the price is excellent.

Andy, sincere thanks for your efforts. Excellent.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
PhilDean
View Profile
Elite user
445 Posts

Profile of PhilDean
8 pounds? 8 POUNDS? Are you KIDDING me?!

I've made a few mentalism purchases in the last month of varying expense, and none of them have impressed me as much as this book. I am somewhat a novice when it comes to readings. I never found a system that sat comfortably with me until I came across Doodle Me a Tree. I firmly believe this to be one of the most accurate ways of quickly uncovering a person's personality in a short period of time without involving dodgy future-telling or soothsaying. What you get just may be the most scientifically legitimate form of reading a person available. Just my inexperienced opinion of course.

In this book you will find a system of reading a person by examining a doodle of a tree they have drawn along with their signature. The book goes into comprehensive detail regarding every minutia of tree reading and how to spot various personality traits by the placement and type of lines drawn on the page.

I will offer a word of advice. Don't read through or skim this book without drawing a tree yourself first (and sign it too). The process of discovering your own tree as you study the various parts is in my opinion essential to getting the most benefit out of this book. I sent Andy a snap of my tree (I was even extra mean and refused to sign it) and he sent me back a 10 minute reading which I would say was about 95% accurate. Considering the circumstances I found this to be pretty mindblowing to the point where I will be studying and experimenting with this in great detail. I think it's worth it.

Do you need Rudy's DVD? I'll be honest and say I hadn't seen 'Draw Me a Tree', however I had first heard of the concept of tree reading in a Richard Webster book. I found I could follow along with what Andy was delivering quite easily. There is a lot of information to take in, but Andy writes in a style that is both informative and easy to read so I cannot forsee that the beginner will have any trouble whatsoever working with this manuscript. It has inspired me to look up Rudy's DVD for further resource and instruction.

All in all, this book is my pick of the month. I bought it on a whim as it sounded interesting and as I suggested at the start of this piece, the E version will only set you back a barmy 8 pounds. I have no hesitation recommending this book to anyone with an interest in readings, especially if you are looking for a reading system that is logical, accurate and most of all - fun! Best of all it has inspired me to write 2 new effects! Call it an added bonus.

Final score : 10 out of 10! Flawless victory!
andyfisher
View Profile
Veteran user
Norwich, UK
319 Posts

Profile of andyfisher
Thanks Tom - it is my pleasure and I enjoyed working on this project.

Phil - it was great to have an opportunity to do the reading for you and I am so glad that it is whetting your own creative juices!

www.doodlemeatree.com
robwar0100
View Profile
Inner circle
Buy me some newspapers.Purchase for me 1 Gazette and
1747 Posts

Profile of robwar0100
This was a great purchase. I like how Andy encourages us to capitalize on things we know already and on our instincts. His use of questions, illustrations and quizzes help us put into practice what he is teaching. I hope he will consider as a supplemental product a tick sheet. I would love to have a few pages with small pictures showing the range of canopies, trunks, roots, grass, branches, etc. with a short description. This would be great as a refresher.

It is a steal at 8 GBP.

Bobby
"My definition of chance is my hands on the wheel," Greg Long.
andyfisher
View Profile
Veteran user
Norwich, UK
319 Posts

Profile of andyfisher
Hi Bobby - thanks so much for your kind words and I am glad you are enjoying working with the book. I will PM you about your suggestion and really appreciate you leaving a review. I hope that I have got the balance right between offering guidelines and encouraging readers to recognise that they are already equipped with the skills and insights needed to conduct accurate and impact full readings Smile

www.doodlemeatree.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Doodle Me a Tree (6 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL