The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » "Color Blast" by Bob Solari (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

blackmagicguy
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of blackmagicguy
I really like Bob Solari's new packet trick called Color Blast. The cards are Bicycle and well made. This is a great color change effect with just a few cards and an ending that is stunning. I especially like the way the extra card is hidden at the end of the effect. This will be a great close up effect with a quick reset and a memorable finish.
digitaltrip
View Profile
Elite user
452 Posts

Profile of digitaltrip
It's definitely a nice little packet trick with the unexpected color change! The included instructions are detailed and clearly explain the display needed to set up the climax at the end. I also like how the presentation can vary depending on how you want to present this...either as a color blind test, an observation test or just as a magic puzzle. The special something is also included with the trick to make it all work. I'm happy I got this.
digitaltrip
View Profile
Elite user
452 Posts

Profile of digitaltrip
Oh, Bob also has another packet trick called "Snow Blind" which I also have. It's got a similar climax like Color Blast Cards but ends with the cards being shown with all blank backs when previously shown to have a blue or red back. It's a nice variation and opens up some other presentation options. You can check out a demo here:
http://bobsolarimagic.com/shop/Snow%20Blind?keyword=snow blind&category_id=0
actorscotty
View Profile
Veteran user
wilmington nc
398 Posts

Profile of actorscotty
A little puzzled at the above comments, watched Bob's you tube demo of this. like it, will use it,but so simple ... the confusion for me is, k don't see any need for "an extra card" he shows all red backs and in the final reveal they are pink red,green and yellow, different vids have different final displays but a red card is in the mix every time
virtualwizard
View Profile
Regular user
Bailey Island, Maine
167 Posts

Profile of virtualwizard
Is there a link to this Color Blast?
Mike the Magician
Nuker
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Nuker
mlippo
View Profile
Inner circle
Trieste (Italy)
1227 Posts

Profile of mlippo
Odd Quad by Daryl is soooo much better in my opinion. I have performed it dozens and dozens of time!

mlippo
hankinsk
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of hankinsk
Now that is a nice packet trick thank you for posting the youtube video

Regards
Trace Hankins
Zack_Johnston
View Profile
Special user
California
656 Posts

Profile of Zack_Johnston
Quote:
On Feb 8, 2014, mlippo wrote:
Odd Quad by Daryl is soooo much better in my opinion. I have performed it dozens and dozens of time!

mlippo

Odd Quad performance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgcCMvdFJUE

Cards and instructions: http://www.daryl.net/product_detail.php?id=734

Zack Johnston
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
My only qualm with Color Blast is the multi-color climax is essentially the entire effect. There is no magical build-up to the finish. Plus, astute spectators will quite likely question whether they actually saw the back of every card as the count Bob uses is a bit unnatural IMHO.
Odd Quad is nice because the color change happens as a kicker, which is unexpected because there is some magic happening before that.
If you like Color Blast you may also want to check out John Bannon's Spin Doctor and Gary Jones' Shock Twist. They both begin with a Twisting the Aces type effect and then have multi-color kickers for the climax. What I like about doing a twisting type effect first is that the specs are really sold that they must have seen every card because they apparently see them multiple times. I believe this fact also makes it less likely that anyone will ask to see the cards when you are done. Although with Spin Doctor you can leave everything in their hands anyway, and with Shock Twist it is pretty simple with a little creativity to switch out the necessary cards.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Forgot to add that Shock Twist also has the added effect that ALL the backs change. So if you were doing a corporate job you could theme it to whatever the event is, or carry a set ready to go that says Happy Birthday or something like that.

Another popular packet effect with changing backs is Capitulatng Queens, but this is not a favorite of mine as it has always seemed kind of anti - climatic to me.
Zack_Johnston
View Profile
Special user
California
656 Posts

Profile of Zack_Johnston
Quote:
On Apr 10, 2014, videoman wrote:
Forgot to add that Shock Twist also has the added effect that ALL the backs change. So if you were doing a corporate job you could theme it to whatever the event is, or carry a set ready to go that says Happy Birthday or something like that.

That's a great idea!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » "Color Blast" by Bob Solari (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL