The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Feminine Mystique » » Amazing female magician Katalin (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
alextsui
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
155 Posts

Profile of alextsui
I just love to watch female magicians.

Here's the beautiful, sexy and extremely talented Katalin at the Cabaret du Monde:
http://youtu.be/KAoqQZmTTQg

I like the way how she exudes self-confidence and makes eye contact with the audience, while executing all the moves with precision in time with the music.

She also shares an inspiring "behind the scenes" story of her start in magic and her journey to finally performing on her dream stage- the Cabaret du Monde:
http://youtu.be/R6EV3Ux3TJA

Enjoy!
The Best Magic Effects to Take Your Performance to the Next Level
https://FireBirdMagic.com
Kit Higginson
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Kit Higginson
Katalin is a wonderful performer! Thanks for sharing this!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
This is really an original and unique act. I wonder who helped her with all the special effects and making of the special props. The act flows very well, but the delayed applause says to me that the small flower effects and color changes does not register quickly enough on the super large stage.

Color changes are very magical to an audience, and yet, for some reason the audience could not follow what had happened. Maybe it was a lot of her effects were performed low, and not high near her face. I don't know as every trick was perfection to watch.

She had a lot of surprise effects, and follow up effects that really made the whole act, stand out.

That final costume change, has to be - the fastest in the world. Looked totally impossible.

And from her website, it looks like she is not just a one act female magician.

http://www.misskatalin.com/
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
My gosh! She is one of the prettiest girls I have ever seen! I have a problem: I can't keep my eyes off her legs! Major distraction! Yeah, this is another girl (like Alana) that teases and mesmermizes the audience with that "look". The eye contact. The little smile. You KNOW she's GOTCHA! Incredible. Thank you Alex!

Doug
alextsui
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
155 Posts

Profile of alextsui
Quote:
On 2013-05-23 14:34, Dougini wrote:
My gosh! She is one of the prettiest girls I have ever seen! I have a problem: I can't keep my eyes off her legs! Major distraction! Yeah, this is another girl (like Alana) that teases and mesmermizes the audience with that "look". The eye contact. The little smile. You KNOW she's GOTCHA! Incredible. Thank you Alex!

Doug

That's why I think female magicians have better misdirection than guy magicians. They have more "tools" at their disposal. Smile
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Actually, that is the 1st female magician I have seen to do such things in a magic act. Most do prop magic, and mostly classic prop magic, such as Jade.

She has an outstanding act, but if you look at other videos of her when on television, there were some errors, or maybe not errors, just not as sharp as Cavaret Du Monde. The Cabaret Du Monde act was her best performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtRIn4HGZs8

I find it interesting, Vegas is mentioned often, but no pictures or video of any Vegas performances. Could she have been doing another form of work in Vegas, such as a chorus girl.

Vegas is dead as far a magic goes these days, so many of the magicians have moved back to Los Angeles, hope she can get steady work there. She will starve on the wages the Magic Castle pays.
Bill Wilson
View Profile
Special user
536 Posts

Profile of Bill Wilson
I don't mean to critisize any part of Katalin's act, but have seen it now on a couple of different televised venues and am confused as to this red plumped fan that she brings out. At one point it is in opened position, then she sets it down on her table,closes it, immediately picks it up and then it is held in front of her and as she opens it the audience squeals. Am I missing something?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2013-05-24 12:38, wandboy wrote:
I don't mean to critisize any part of Katalin's act, but have seen it now on a couple of different televised venues and am confused as to this red plumped fan that she brings out. At one point it is in opened position, then she sets it down on her table,closes it, immediately picks it up and then it is held in front of her and as she opens it the audience squeals. Am I missing something?

Yes, I guess you are, the audience is reacting to the color of the glove fingers exchanging places. The gloves were all one color, one yellow and one red, but now they change or exchange the color of the fingers only.
Bill Wilson
View Profile
Special user
536 Posts

Profile of Bill Wilson
Yes Bill, I guess I did miss it. Still the idea of setting the plume down on the table and immediately picking it up did seem incongruent. I guess she had to do the certain something somehow though.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2013-05-24 13:33, wandboy wrote:
Yes Bill, I guess I did miss it. Still the idea of setting the plume down on the table and immediately picking it up did seem in-congruent. I guess she had to do the certain something somehow though.

I believe she does things like that on several occasions, as in the re-handling the appearing canes. But it actually does not matter as the act is not for magicians, but the paying public. These kinds of things in a live performance go unnoticed. I guess she should have edited all this kind of stuff when posting on YouTube.

There is also no reason to put her hand behind the frame, when the gloves change to white.

What any aspiring magician should take from this video is to see things like this does not matter in real performances. I would bet if you seen her on stage, nothing would be noticed, 1. Because of distance, and 2. Because you blinked.

There is so much originality in this act, it is wonderful and outstanding, and to pick at little things inexperienced magicians can only dream to have this kind of original act.

Every move and effect was "spot on" and that shows hard work and dedication to her goal and how important it was to her.

Looking at her website, she really knows how to take fantastic artistic poses and get the best out of every picture taken of her.

Don't know what she really looks like, as with the make-up, wigs, and false eyelashes, she hides behind a creative mask.

I once dated a woman that when I finally seen her without her make-up on I did not recognize her. She had totally re-structured her face through the use of make-up. She went from cute to gorgeous! I was really shocked.
Bill Wilson
View Profile
Special user
536 Posts

Profile of Bill Wilson
Bill, it is a unique act. But to say things like this go unnoticed in a live performance is not true. An astute person will notice things of this nature and those in magic who say they won't are simply fooling themselves. And if I were to see her on stage I would definately notice. As I said she has a unique act but it could stand polishing.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
She is so .damn BEAUTIFUL! My gosh...I can't stop watching her! She is...exotic. Same way Jolene Blalock or Jeri Ryan are exotic. Man, she could go places...just a bit of polish, though. I wouldn't change much...
Mind illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Australia
949 Posts

Profile of Mind illusionist
Douginis got a new crush!! hehe, don't blame you though man Smile
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Man...you got that right! I dunno...I'm probably too old for her...I don't seem to do well with twenty-somethings...
Mind illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Australia
949 Posts

Well good for me, less competition than haha. On a serious note though, I would like to date a female magician (mentalists would be even rarer I imagine). but alas I have never come across one in person yet.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
I have never met a female magician either. Heck, I'd just settle for ANY female to date! Well, not any, but sometimes it'd be nice to have a sweet female around. Beauty Queens need not apply. I have had really bad luck with the beauties. Looking at Katalin...yeah...I'm gobsmacked, but really? My best girlfriends were not beauties.

Doug
Mind illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Australia
949 Posts

Doug, mate. I feel your pain. If you lived closer to me, Id happily be your wingman!!
alextsui
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
155 Posts

Profile of alextsui
Here's another video of Katalin's recent shows in China:
http://youtu.be/UJaXtG6fVB0

Enjoy!
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
What a performer! I'm surprised we don't hear more about this girl!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2013-10-19 17:24, Dougini wrote:
What a performer! I'm surprised we don't hear more about this girl!

They're to busy making a living and performing to worry about magic magazines and magic conventions. Actually, you rarely hear about professional working magician. If it was not for here competition act to get noticed, then the magic community would not even know she existed. Those European magic contest have a lot of agents that attend, it is one way to get on the international scene.

That is how Tom Mullica got the work in Paris, France. He competed in a FISM contest and did not win, but the owner of the Crazy Horse seen him and offered him a long term contact. After a couple of years Tom Mullica got tired of the grind, and broke the contact on purpose. I guess part of the contact was he hand to go and do other jobs the owner set up for him. So days and nights were tying him down in Paris.

Doug, I don't want to burst your bubble, but most likely, here manager or agent is her boyfriend. She is most likely taken. John the lonely magicians club. I am a member as well.

==================================================

Quote:
On 2013-05-24 15:42, Bill Wilson wrote:
Bill, it is a unique act. But to say things like this go unnoticed in a live performance is not true. An astute person will notice things of this nature and those in magic who say they won't are simply fooling themselves. And if I were to see her on stage I would definately notice. As I said she has a unique act but it could stand polishing.

And that is why you said you had to watch the act several time, because you noticed all the inconsistences. If that is true, you would not have had to go back and replay the video.

Now, tell me where in the world you are performing, Europe, Japan, China, South America, which one.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Feminine Mystique » » Amazing female magician Katalin (11 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL