The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Disposable Deck by David Regal (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I found a post on the Disposable Deck, but it was locked and had zero input from people who own this. I would like to see some reviews from people who actually have this or have an opinion about it.

Here is the ad copy:

Do a trick. Crush your deck. Throw it away. Disposable Deck!

A versatile utility gimmick, DISPOSABLE DECK is used by magicians around the world. Now in packs of 200! Also, for the first time, with DVD instructions including a full performance and explanation for the amazing audience participation effect "Hotel 52".

Here is a demo of it: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/2695

Thanks in advance for reviews.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Like the idea, can think of some uses, lets see what the reviews say.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
It's along the lines of something like the Omni deck, where you have a surprise finish at the end.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Dr. JK
View Profile
Inner circle
Sandusky, OH
1191 Posts

Profile of Dr. JK
What do you want to know about it? It's a "deck" that you can crush and throw away (hence it comes with multiple "decks"). It's more of a prop than an effect, although it comes with an effect that utilizes the prop.
- Jeff Kowalk, The Psychic CPA
www.youtube.com/eruditemagic
IG: @erudite.magic
FB: @eruditemagic
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
I think Regal has a YouTube video demo-ing the DD. I recently STUNNED members of my local Magic Club with "Hotel 52" included on the DD DVD.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Thanks for the reviews. I purchased this and just received it. Yes, it is pretty obvious what it is, however, is it something people are using, and how about the quality of the ideas presented for its use?

I haven't gone through the entire DVD yet, but Hotel 52 is really just brilliant! I will definitively keep a disposable deck on hand just for this effect alone! It also gave me an idea to combine this with something I do where they could name any card and that card would be the only card in the deck. If anyone is interested, just PM me.

I think that this gimmick has a lot of potential.

KJ
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
KJ, I suggest setting up four or five in advance. I superglue an advertising card on the inside of the deck for easier handling; the DD still crumples well. Also supergluing the corners works MUCH better than the alternative. The DD has a shininess (shiny-ness?) to it so I would recommend NOT letting it sit on a table BUT just remove the DD from a standard card case when ready to use. Also a card or two on the top of the deck is a convincer. Besides Hotel 52, I think doing a short 3-5 card packet trick is a good idea; finished with a "tired of card tricks" idea or frustration from a trick that "backfired".
TH

Occupy Your Dream
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Atom,
Gr8 suggestions! Thx.
kj
MagicJuggler
View Profile
Inner circle
Anchorage, AK
1161 Posts

Profile of MagicJuggler
I've used this a time or two (not a regular part of my act) and it does get a great reaction. I like to be casual about crushing it, but start slowly so the deck appears to distort at first before I crush it completely as a faster pace than I start with.
Matthew Olsen

I heard from a friend that anecdotal evidence is actually quite reliable.
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Thanks for a great touch, Magic Juggler. I love how this effect plays, and the distortion idea (slow crush) has to make it all the better. This is one of those things you can just stick in the right place and really shock the specs.

Jim
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
bidbid
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of bidbid
Cool!
Emanuel Chester
View Profile
New user
Howell, NJ, USA
30 Posts

Profile of Emanuel Chester
Dani diOrtiz released a great video on lapping. In one of his effects, he reduces the height of his deck of cards by compressing it. I personally am not at ease with the particular method mr. diOrtiz uses, but now I know of the Disposable Deck, I most certainly will give that a 2nd thought!
Renaissance Man ~ I am interested in a lot, I can do a lot, I have done a lot. Not all equally well, and there's still a lot more for me to explore.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Disposable Deck by David Regal (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL