The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Magician who played at Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TheRaven
View Profile
Special user
597 Posts

Profile of TheRaven
I'm curious to learn the name of a magician that played at Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island Michigan in the 1970's. My father worked for the hotel and I had the opportunity to see many magic acts and meet many magicians that came through, including Karrell Fox and others.

This particular magician worked in tails. He did a bird act concluding with "where do the birds go". He was also a very talented close up magician. He was very dexterous with 50 cent pieces. I believe he was the only magician at that time that did a bird act at Grand Hotel.

I know this is very sketchy info, but curious if anyone may know who that magician might be. As a young teen, he made quite an impression on me and I'm just curious to learn more.
gadfly3d
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of gadfly3d
Don't know for sure but it sounds like Bob Downey who was out of Detroit.

Gil Scott
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Magician who played at Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL