The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The December 2003 entrée: Steven Youell » » The Pass » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Vasilis
View Profile
Regular user
Greece
146 Posts

Profile of Vasilis
Welcome to the Café sir!! For us from other countries, rather poor in magic, it's a real great opportunity to chat with such a so knowledgable person as you are. Thanks that you are being here!!

What kind of pass has the most chances being acceptable from the spectator eye? There is a huge field on that kind of sleight, so what would you suggest?

Thanks for your time, sir.
All the best
Vasilis
Steven Youell
View Profile
V.I.P.
3866 Posts

Profile of Steven Youell
Vasillis my Friend!

Where have you been, you tricky devil...?!?!

The pass that is most acceptable from a spectators
point of view is the one he does not see!

Smile

SEY
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Agreed! And an excellent response.

Any suggestions on shade for, say the Herrmann Turnover Pass (not that it really needs much, I admit).

Kind regards,

Lee Darrow, C.Ht.
http://www.leedarrow.com
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
Tony Noice
View Profile
Veteran user
342 Posts

Profile of Tony Noice
The usual advice for covering the Herrmann pass is to keep the right hand as flat as possible so that those on the performer's left can't look into the arch and see the action. Personally, I find this a bit artificial and only use a turnover pass when people are in front or to the right where there is ample cover from a naturally arched right hand.
Steven Youell
View Profile
V.I.P.
3866 Posts

Profile of Steven Youell
Quote:
On 2003-12-02 13:27, mstrhypno wrote:
Agreed! And an excellent response.

Any suggestions on shade for, say the Herrmann Turnover Pass (not that it really needs much, I admit).

I have what I consider to be an excellent cover that's based on a Herb Zarrow idea.
I think Mark Ennis has seen a video... perhaps he could give an opinion..

SEY
Mark Ennis
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC
1031 Posts

Profile of Mark Ennis
Yes, Steve has some fantastic touches on the turnover pass that is actually more practical (angle friendly) and with less movement from the fingers and hands other than the movement that would be necessary to turn a pack of cards over.

This should be the first of his 18 sleights that he releases.

(By the way, if you do begin the subscription, definitely count me in).
ME
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The December 2003 entrée: Steven Youell » » The Pass » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL