The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Colins Key on AGT?! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rich Ferguson
View Profile
Regular user
California, USA
176 Posts

Profile of Rich Ferguson
Perhaps I missed another post in the ridiculous amount of categories here... but I tired to search here on online... I'm surprised there is no post about Collins Key performing on America's Got Talent this week.
If you missed it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-DEbvgPnoU

I can care less if he is utilizing P.W., S.B. or anything people might suspect... to be 16, have the chops he has, the looks, being 6'2", support of great parents... and KILL IT on his first national debut... a star was born in front of America. He has the whole package. We'll be seeing a lot more of him. Sure wish I had found magic before I was 26 and had support. Just awesome.
<BR>http://www.TheIceBreaker.com
<BR>Creator: Official Poker's Chip Tricks, Card Stunts, Shuffles & Cuts, Flourishes • Tagged • Serial Biller • This is Mentalism • Tricks to Pick Up Chicks • Blank Gag Books
Ado
View Profile
Elite user
Vancouver, BC
412 Posts

Profile of Ado
Good act. Fooled me.

P!
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7 years no smoking. And counting
6665 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I liked him a lot a nd effect was good.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
2127 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On 2013-06-12 21:28, Rich Ferguson wrote:
Perhaps I missed another post in the ridiculous amount of categories here... but I tired to search here on online... I'm surprised there is no post about Collins Key performing on America's Got Talent this week.
If you missed it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-DEbvgPnoU

I can care less if he is utilizing P.W., S.B. or anything people might suspect... to be 16, have the chops he has, the looks, being 6'2", support of great parents... and KILL IT on his first national debut... a star was born in front of America. He has the whole package. We'll be seeing a lot more of him. Sure wish I had found magic before I was 26 and had support. Just awesome.

Sure wish I had found magic before I was 26 and had support. Just awesome.

Christ I wish I found it years and years ago I am now 53 and only found it 3 years ago I have been playing the guitar since the age of 16 ,i still play but love my magic more,awsome talented young man, he will go far, really amazing how he did that and realy full of confidence at his young age,all the best Shane.
Horatio
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Horatio
That was really good. I hope it goes really well for him on AGT.

I was a little surprised that they didn't pick him up on the fact that he didn't perform it on the stage, if one of the prizes is a show as the headliner on the Las Vegas Strip. Not that I care about that bit - if he can perform like that every week, it will make great TV. I'm looking forward to seeing what he does next.
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5508 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
Bad Luck Network
10913 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
AGT has promoted more magicians then any other TV show. It sometimes gets a bad rap but whether you love or hate it, the ratings says it all.

PS: Nice going Colin, Vegas awaits you!

Decomposing About AGT
adolphus
View Profile
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of adolphus
This kid has just single-handedly killed what was left of mentalism (for anyone else) with his AGT Finale performance.
Repeat (TWO!) effects - using the SAME METHODS - and tell them what will happen ahead of time.
Yeah, the producers probably dictated to him, but still... he should now not be welcomed anywhere.
"Unlike the mere Conjuror, the Mentalist reaches into that space which a hat normally covers. And from there, he withdraws something more fleeting - and at times, far fuzzier - than any rabbit"
QED
View Profile
New user
Alexandria, VA
74 Posts

Profile of QED
Adolphus, you are looking at it with magician's eyes. The public doesn't know what they are seeing. The audience was mystified.
But yeah, some of his presentations were a bit confusing and we know that confusion is not magic.
David Quidas
Alexandria, VA

I'm here to tell ya, and I don't mind tellin' ya, but I ain't sayin' nothin', if ya know what I'm sayin'...
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5508 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
Say what you want, but Collins did a GREAT JOB putting magic in a positive light. All of my regulars at my restaurants have been all a buzz about Collins asking me if I know how he does all of this stuff. He's putting a buzz back in the community! Sit their and armchair quarterback it all you want, but has done what NO OTHER magician has in the history of the show...make it to the finals!

Is he young? Sure he is! At 17 years old, would you have been able to make it to the Top 5 on a show like this with this audience? I don't think so!

Does he still have a lot to learn? Sure! Don't we all?

Instead of hating him for reasons that the general population doesn't understand, why not support him and congratulate him on his accomplishment!

Just sayin'
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7 years no smoking. And counting
6665 Posts

Profile of paisa23
His last book test was AWESOME!! in simplicity and routine. With two of the scariest TV personalities also. NO ONE KNOWS WHAT MAY HAPPEN WITH THEM Good job.
Mind illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Australia
945 Posts

Profile of Mind illusionist
As a mentalist and also a young adult performer il just throw in my 2 cents.

I think Collins is a great performer, he has showmanship skills beyond his years, and he is engaging and connects with his audience.

I feel he actually has a greater passion and interest in mind reading effects, than visual magic, or mixing them both together. He openly bills himself as a magician, so it can be assumed that what he does is mental magic not 'mind reading'

But I think he has good reasons for doing this, instead of introducing himself as a mentalist. The big one being his age, and it would be much harder to be a believable mentalist than a magician who does mental magic.

Does this mean he has butchered the art of mentalism by what he has performed on AGT? I personally don't think so. He may have made it somewhat harder for mentalists to build credibitlity as genuine mind readers, but there are ways around that, if you so decide to call yourself a mentalist and be a mentalist...

He is young and still has so much ahead of him, so I predict if he keeps on with a strong passion for the art, I think he will be quite succesfull.

And as others has mentioned before, no matter what you want to fault him on, he has created more buzz and spread the love of magic more. and that's is always a good thing. as they say, any publicity is good publicity.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Colins Key on AGT?! (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.144998 seconds, requiring 48 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[9] [7] [4] [1] [8] [3] [3] [6] [3]