The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Crusade - A Mind Reader's ACAAN (21 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..18~19~20~21~22~23~24~25 [Next]
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Actually, in the supplement, Michael Murray outlines a way to do this with only one participant - so yes, it can be done.

Best,

Atlas
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
Ooops. My apologies. I have only performed the original. Sorry for giving the wrong impression!
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Hi MatCult - No sweat! I appreciate that you took the time to try to answer the question in the first place!

Best,

Atlas
Pfauntschi
View Profile
Regular user
Munich/Germany
153 Posts

Profile of Pfauntschi
It is briliant. I shame on myself, that I bought this so late. Thanks for the quick answers from both of you guys (:
greig ewen
View Profile
Elite user
473 Posts

Profile of greig ewen
Just sent money directly through Paypal,waiting for a vibration alert from email on my iPhone to let me know I've recieved the pdf ebook. Really looking forward to reading this,heard some great stuff.

Greig
greig ewen
View Profile
Elite user
473 Posts

Profile of greig ewen
Thought I'd chime in after recieving my pdf and digesting. It's a really good read and method Is devious. The first time a saw this principle was in one of the first Apocalypse magazines..which I loved then but wasn't overly keen on the routine.This is a great well thought out routine and worthy of a high place in the CAAN genre.

As Mr Harry Lorayne has being saying for decades 'all the good stuff is in Apocalypse first' or something to that affect. I am referring to the principal not the great effect Crusade. Doubt the principle was first published in Apocalypse but it's where I first read it.

All the best

Greig.
Robert P.
View Profile
Special user
Kansas
632 Posts

Profile of Robert P.
Hi Greig, do you remember the name to which Apocalypse routine you are referring to?
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Quote:
On 2013-12-16 13:56, Robert P. wrote:
Hi Greig, do you remember the name to which Apocalypse routine you are referring to?

Hi Greig,

If you answer that question, to avoid exposure, I'd appreciate if it were done via PM - as would many other owners of The Crusade.

Thanks for the very positive review, by the way - it has been very nice to see The Crusade so warmly accepted.

Best,

Atlas
Andrew J. K.
View Profile
Loyal user
GREECE
263 Posts

Profile of Andrew J. K.
I'd much appreciate if anyone could tell me if there are any language restrictions.

In case the answer is not a 100% YES, could I adapt in some way the method (patter, wording
and the whole presentation in general) to my language which in my case is the Greek one?

Thank you in advance,

With regards,
Andrew K.
"Do not fear death so much, but rather the inadequate life". BERTOLT BRECHT
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On 2013-12-20 12:16, Andrew J. K. wrote:
I'd much appreciate if anyone could tell me if there are any language restrictions.

In case the answer is not a 100% YES, could I adapt in some way the method (patter, wording
and the whole presentation in general) to my language which in my case is the Greek one?

Thank you in advance,

With regards,
Andrew K.

There's no language restrictions whatsoever.
Andrew J. K.
View Profile
Loyal user
GREECE
263 Posts

Profile of Andrew J. K.
Thanks a lot, Maddy for your valuable information.

I really much appreciate it.

I think I'll give it a try. Waiter please...
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On 2013-12-20 12:29, Andrew J. K. wrote:
Thanks a lot, Maddy for your valuable information.

I really much appreciate it.

I think I'll give it a try. Waiter please...

No problem! It's a great piece that will work great for you!
nwanstall
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of nwanstall
I just wanted to say how amazing this is. Think you so much for releasing this Atlas.
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1177 Posts

Profile of paperinick
I got this one as well. How do I get all the improvements discussed in this thread?
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Papernick,

Toward the back of the ebook starting on page 30 are several alternate presentations and tips. About 7 or 8 pages worth. Also there is another ebook authored by a Café member that offers a very nice alternate presentation. That presentation was a separate supplement mailed out on August 11, 2013 IIRC. If you didn't get the supplement, send a PM to Atlas or Andrew and I'm sure they will accommodate you.

Jim
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Thanks Jim, and thanks to all of you who have said such great things about The Crusade. It has been wonderful to exchange emails with many of you and to hear your stories and background.

Some of the correspondence I've shared was with gentlemen who were rather older than me, and the stories they've been kind enough to share have bridged a gap to the names of the past, given me a glimpse into marvelous days gone by, and it has had the result of making me feel more connected with the roots of our fine vocation. I truly can't express how much that has meant to me.

I also truly appreciate the support that The Crusade has garnered from all of you. It was a real pleasure to see this little effort appear in the top 5 in voting for the "Best Effect of 2013" thread here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......tart=660

And I didn't notice - until someone pointed it out on that thread yesterday - that The Crusade's position in voting made it the de facto best eBook of 2013. We were also listed in MagicSeen Magazine's "Best of 2013" article. That was a nice surprise, and a wonderful feeling.

However great that felt, I fully recognize that the success of this book belongs to each of you here, and not to myself or Andrew. It was YOUR enthusiasm that spread this approach around and word of mouth that led people to discover and investigate it.

This is an achievement that does not belong to us, but to each of you.

Well done, my splendid and exceptional friends.

Best,

Atlas
Andrew J. K.
View Profile
Loyal user
GREECE
263 Posts

Profile of Andrew J. K.
All I can say about Atlas' and Andrew's ebook is WOW!

We're dealing here with an absolutely amazing and brilliant thinking behind the hidden in plain site
psychological path you guide the spectators to, until the final result and the unexpected great
climax is reached.

I have to agree that this is by far the best ebook of 2013!

IMHO, in my eyes it looks like it could be even the official trick of the year (2013) IF ONLY...

-it had been released a few months before INFERNO since we have to condiser that it's an ebook
and the great majority of them that circulate among all of us (magicians and mentalists) tend
to be less commercial than other products which usually come with an instructional DVD and gimmck(s)
and are also very lucky to have a big company name behind their production and distribution.

-it has been advertided and distributed in the same fair way other magic products have.

Atlas and Andrew, I think that you have to improve your PR and marketing skills...

OK, I'm just kidding!

Bottom line: The CRUSADE is the most psychologically interactive and very interesting ACAAN plot I've ever seen.

However I have to warn all potential buyers: you have to be patient, it's something that you can't perform right
out of the box.

You need to study thoroughly every subtlety, nuance and wording in general in order to accomplish your
goal which, believe me, it's really well worth it.

And don't forget to practice, practice, practice and rehearse. Go out and perform it to the real world.

Then, relax and enjoy their speechless reactions...

This is so close to real mind reading and that's not hype!

My congrat to Atlas and Andrew. Thank you guys for releasing this real gem of mentalism!

Warmest regards,
Andrew
Andrew J. K.
View Profile
Loyal user
GREECE
263 Posts

Profile of Andrew J. K.
I just forgot to clarify that I own INFERNO as well and it is really an awesome piece of mentalism,
thanks to Joshua Jay.

However it is using props to accomplish it's goal in comparison with THE CRUSADE
which needs only a specific verbal communication path that leads you directly and unexpectedly to the
final reveal of the "thought" of card by a spectator that can be found in a specific position in the deck according
to an other spectator's named sort "thought" of number, before even the main verbal procedure has begun.

Ok, besides the verbal communication procedure, there is a little bit handling of the deck.

By that I mean the simplest handling of a deck of cards (i.e. dealing).

I assure you that it definitely does not require any sleight.

Even the easiest one in card magic...

Despite the fact that I added quatation marks to the words THOUGHT above, I'd like to mention that the
performer does know at any time neither the card (color, suit, value) of the first spectator nor the number
the second spectator has in his mind!

To avoid any misunderstanding, I'd like you to know that I voted INFERNO as the official trick of the year.
There is definitely a reason for it.

Simply put, the respective contest was about the official TRICK of the year.

Not the official effect of the year, since there is a big difference between those two meanings.

Unlike INFERNO which by the way has a great impact towards the audience you are performing to, I simply DO NOT
consider THE CRUSADE as a trick.

THE CRUSADE is a true miracle in the right hands.

Enough said...

Wish you all the best,
Andrew
Rolyan
View Profile
Special user
I'm fencing in my land; so far there are
590 Posts

Profile of Rolyan
I've just performed this at the magic session in the local pub and it was voted the 'trick of the evening'. It fooled all bar one of the magicians present, all of whom are knowledgeable and many are workers. However, the best reactions were from the 'normal' peopl; Done for laymen it's a killer. I present it ever so slightly differently to that printed (it suits me better and is a bit more natural for me) but this is definitely going into my repertoire. The strong points are:

It's a borrowed deck, in any condition.
It's shuffled by the spectators.
Nobody knows what's been thought of.
The presentation gives this real credibility.
It doesn't take that long to do.
It can involve a large group.

Excellent, my kind of magic.
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Andrew and Rolyan - it is great to read your feedback! Andrew - I don't know how I missed your posts, but I did. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, they were very kind. And I agree with you: The Crusade isn't a standard trick, it can go a long way toward establishing your credibility with your audience.

Rolyan, it made me smile when you said that it flew past knowledgeable magicians. Well done - That means that you are presenting it correctly and I think it just goes to show how special the right presentation can be.

Thank you both so much for taking the time to post about your experience with The Crusade. In fact, I appreciate all the posts here.

And Andrew, if you liked the "thinking behind the hidden in plain site psychological path you guide the spectators to, until the final result and the unexpected great climax is reached", keep an eye out for 'Train Tracking'.

Best,

Atlas
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Crusade - A Mind Reader's ACAAN (21 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..18~19~20~21~22~23~24~25 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL