The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Art Vanderlay-Positive Positive: 100% accurate every time (14 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
Jonathan100
View Profile
Loyal user
292 Posts

Profile of Jonathan100
Art, trying to get a hold of you for a couple of days but to no avail. Can you send me a message?
Art Vanderlay
View Profile
Special user
All I Read Was Corinda And Now I Have
642 Posts

Profile of Art Vanderlay
Hi Jonathan, sorry I have been away for a few days. I have sent you a PM.

Cheers
Art
THE MAN WHO CONTROLS THE ELEMENTS!
aalexander
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of aalexander
Just thought I'd put in my two cents on this one and maybe bump it to the top. For the record, I sort of didn't pay for this effect- Art threw it in when I bought another of his books. As Art mentions, there are a million positive/negative knockoffs around, most of them clunky and terrible, so I actually had no expectation at all that this one would be different. Honestly, I didn't really want it, and if it were printed on a dead tree I would have declined the free effect.

And I would have missed out. Art's is a very simple resolution that is way more natural than any other I have seen, including the original. It's extremely easy to wrap your mind around (you could perform it within 10 minutes of opening the ebook), and any choice the participant makes will result in the same impact at the end without any clunky verbal force. With a very easy tweak you can make this much simpler and do it over at least twice.

This is not breakthrough miracle effect, it's not a special work of genius, it's just solid. If you have any situation where you want to do a positive/negative type effect, this is a no-risk purchase. I was extremely satisfied, and still am. Plus, like everything else on Art's website, it's half price right now, and evidently rides free with certain purchases.
Gorecki
View Profile
Loyal user
My servante is currently filled with
268 Posts

Profile of Gorecki
Everything half price? I don't see it... or is it over already?

Quote:
On 2013-10-24 14:43, aalexander wrote:
Just thought I'd put in my two cents on this one and maybe bump it to the top. For the record, I sort of didn't pay for this effect- Art threw it in when I bought another of his books. As Art mentions, there are a million positive/negative knockoffs around, most of them clunky and terrible, so I actually had no expectation at all that this one would be different. Honestly, I didn't really want it, and if it were printed on a dead tree I would have declined the free effect.

And I would have missed out. Art's is a very simple resolution that is way more natural than any other I have seen, including the original. It's extremely easy to wrap your mind around (you could perform it within 10 minutes of opening the ebook), and any choice the participant makes will result in the same impact at the end without any clunky verbal force. With a very easy tweak you can make this much simpler and do it over at least twice.

This is not breakthrough miracle effect, it's not a special work of genius, it's just solid. If you have any situation where you want to do a positive/negative type effect, this is a no-risk purchase. I was extremely satisfied, and still am. Plus, like everything else on Art's website, it's half price right now, and evidently rides free with certain purchases.
aalexander
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of aalexander
Gorecki PM'd me for info on the deal I mentioned, but for anyone else who is interested, just fill out the contact form on Art's website and mention the October promotion. He mentioned this deal in another thread so I don't think I'm advertising this against any wishes. It might take him a little bit to get back to you if he's as busy as he was last week.

-Aaron.
Art Vanderlay
View Profile
Special user
642 Posts

Profile of Art Vanderlay
Thanks for the kind words guys! I am really glad you are liking Positive Positive.

Yes EVERYTHING on my site is half price until October 31st, you can get £70 worth of ebooks for £35 at the moment!

Positive Positive is also being included for FREE for anyone who purchases The Moonlight Shadow.

Just an FYI - Next year I will be releasing a VERY limited edition printed book. There will be 15 effects within and so far we are looking at 200+ pages without photographs.

There will be a pre-order offer once I am ready to announce more details however what I can reveal now is that there will be some extremely bizarre and elaborate effects & methods contained within its pages.

Cheers
Art
Gorecki
View Profile
Loyal user
My servante is currently filled with
268 Posts

Profile of Gorecki
I just bought this, but just found out there was a supplement to it.
How could I get my grubby hands on that?
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On Oct 28, 2013, Gorecki wrote:
I just bought this, but just found out there was a supplement to it.
How could I get my grubby hands on that?

Art can help you on that Gorecki Smile
Contact him privately.

Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
Psy
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of Psy
I love this effect. First time that I got really interested in performing the "Positive Negative" type of effect. Performed it 3 times after studying it today and people enjoyed it as I did. Very Kenton Knepper style, it makes for a good opener I think.
guitarmagic
View Profile
Elite user
Southern Louisiana
425 Posts

Profile of guitarmagic
A "must have" for the serious worker as it can be adapted to so many performance styles. Superb work Art!!!
Why is it that on one side of the world a person looks at a picture of the Grand Canyon and says, "it looks so real." At the same time on the other side of the world a person looks at the Grand Canyon and says, "it looks like a picture."
Seethings
View Profile
Elite user
435 Posts

Profile of Seethings
The same method has been published in Magick 199 by Gene Nielsen.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Is Gene Nielsen given appropriate credit in Art's PDF?
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2164 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
Quote:
On Mar 30, 2015, Seethings wrote:
The same method has been published in Magick 199 by Gene Nielsen.

Quote:
On Mar 30, 2015, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
Is Gene Nielsen given appropriate credit in Art's PDF?

in one word: NO:
Art Vanderlay
View Profile
Special user
642 Posts

Profile of Art Vanderlay
I was not aware of this and shall ammend the ebook straight away

Kind regards
Art
Seethings
View Profile
Elite user
435 Posts

Profile of Seethings
In the Magick write up credit was also given to Richard Himber.
shakuni
View Profile
Inner circle
1169 Posts

Profile of shakuni
@Seethings

'Positive Positive' and 'Magick' methods are different. Please check again.
Seethings
View Profile
Elite user
435 Posts

Profile of Seethings
It's no different. It is the same principle.
shakuni
View Profile
Inner circle
1169 Posts

Profile of shakuni
I cannot post details on public forum but I am sure Art will check the Magick magazine issue before crediting. Thanks!
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2164 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
Quote:
On Apr 1, 2015, Seethings wrote:
It's no different. It is the same principle.
maybe is just in your airy head the same:
Art Vanderlay
View Profile
Special user
642 Posts

Profile of Art Vanderlay
I have checked and the methods are very different from each other.

Thank you for bringing it to my attention regardless though, Genes method is very nice.

Kind regards
Art
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Art Vanderlay-Positive Positive: 100% accurate every time (14 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL