The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Struggling to practice patter... (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Herr Brian Tabor
View Profile
Special user
Oklahoma City
729 Posts

Profile of Herr Brian Tabor
Is it possible that your script is one you got with the routine? It's possible you don't sound or feel natural when you're saying it because it doesn't fit your style. Try writing your own script if this is the case.
foreva.infiniti
View Profile
Regular user
6 Posts a + a 6 Posts =
116 Posts

Profile of foreva.infiniti
I had the same problem when I started but with sleights instead of patter. I felt guilty it was like the specs knew what I was doing because I knew what I was doing. Try picturing your audience in front of you or keep reading your script not just until you have it fully memorized but when saying it becvomes second nature and you can say it without thinkin of it.
Colors are Foreva. Numbers are Infinite. 4 every number there's a color. HEY! Eternity! Lets smoke a beer and drink some loud. But wait! I heard you was a six a plus a 6 ahhhh.
InstantMagicBen
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of InstantMagicBen
I feel patter isn't something you can write or practice. If you rehearse and stick to a script to much, you may miss opportunities during live performances that could come to you, and be better than anything you can practice.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Struggling to practice patter... (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL