The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » David Williamson: Ridiculous (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
912 Posts

Profile of Martino
Surprised no-one has posted about this yet.

Luis De Matos has been posting a couple of teaser photographs on his Facebook and Twitter pages of David Williamson in Luis' Studio 33 with the word "Ridiculous" on the projection screen in the background.

Looks like we will have a new David Williamson product or DVD set from Essential Magic Collection coming soon! I for one, am very excited about this!
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8758 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
First I've heard of this. Thanks for posting, Martino!
deputy
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1043 Posts

Profile of deputy
Lets hope it's a new 4 disc set from him!
cirrus
View Profile
Inner circle
his minions made
1742 Posts

Profile of cirrus
Luis de Matos' dvd's are always top notch quality. I have a few of them. Great watch.
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1590 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
It is DVD set. A friend was on the shoot of the show and told me it is at editing phase now.

J-M
Quentin
View Profile
Special user
739 Posts

Profile of Quentin
Looking forward to any DVD set that doesn't have card tricks.
Magicians and mentalists check out entertainment at

http://www.speakinschools.com
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
1977 Posts

Profile of Tom G
You think there will be a David Williamson DVD without card tricks?
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
912 Posts

Profile of Martino
Now that would be Ridiculous! Smile
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
searching for the Magic Rainbow in
1202 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Besides his book Williamson Wonders, and his previous DVD published tipped only the iceberg of his coin work. It will be such a delight if Dave fully share his coin work.

Funny Dave keep telling me that he is not good at coins. I honestly would say that then pretty much not too many people in the world can do coin magic...

Looking forward to the release of this most anticipated DVD set!
the most memorable moment in my life - Photo on the left with Maestro in FISM Asia 2011.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag
deputy
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1043 Posts

Profile of deputy
Agreed. I wish. They would release some information on what's on the set and when it will be released
kipling100
View Profile
Loyal user
226 Posts

Profile of kipling100
Any updates on this project?
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1590 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
It will take time to edit and make the final product. Next DVD from DeMatos team will be David Sousa DVD set Red Envelope. It should be coming out around magic live I belive. And usually it takes some months between DVD sets to get em out so this might be out around christmas or late autumn earliest I think. Other great DVD set by De Matos team that is coming out is by Paul Daniels. Seems that De Matos is soon taking over the top DVD producer of the market from L&L and English teams. If only they could shoot more in english for english speaking audiences or pay way more attension on the subtitles Smile

J-M
ally_tac
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of ally_tac
Great to hear that ridiculous will be a dvd set.
:)
Robert P.
View Profile
Veteran user
Kansas
390 Posts

Profile of Robert P.
You fans of David, what would you recommend to someone who doesn't have any of his material yet? I'm very interested in learning some of his aspects of the top change and other sleights, Aunt Mary's Terrible Secret also seems interesting. But his books and DVDs seem to also get a lot of praise.
Feral Chorus
View Profile
Veteran user
CA
334 Posts

Profile of Feral Chorus
Robert P.,

Williamson's published material is uniformly of high quality. I would recommend trying anything that has material that catches your interest. If you are into books buy Williamson's Wonders. If you are into DVD's, go with whichever looks most interesting to you. Also, Dave has a number of downloads available at very reasonable prices at Vanishing Inc. and Dan & Dave. Specifically, dananddave.com has a tutorial on the top change that looks like it was made for you. You pretty much can't go wrong with whatever you try.
smullins
View Profile
Special user
528 Posts

Profile of smullins
Quote:
On 2013-08-16 09:35, Robert P. wrote:
You fans of David, what would you recommend to someone who doesn't have any of his material yet? I'm very interested in learning some of his aspects of the top change and other sleights, Aunt Mary's Terrible Secret also seems interesting. But his books and DVDs seem to also get a lot of praise.

Anything you can get your hands on... David is AWESOME

Coins, cards, rope. Pretty much anything and it's all workable which is awesome. Check out the lecture downloads on Vanishing Inc for a nice starting spot into his insane world (yea it's a world on it's own). If you like cards check out Magic Farm after. Awesomeness.
Shawn Mullins

VISIT www.Facebook.com/YouthfulMagic

-There will be raffles and more to come!
magicjoe
View Profile
Special user
517 Posts

Profile of magicjoe
Now that he's on Genii any word on a release date?
David Rhodes
View Profile
Loyal user
240 Posts

Profile of David Rhodes
I asked Essential Magic Collection on facebook about a month ago when it would be released they said first week of December so it should be very close.
magicjoe
View Profile
Special user
517 Posts

Profile of magicjoe
Thanks David!
magicjoe
View Profile
Special user
517 Posts

Profile of magicjoe
Anyone know if any of his kid material is on the DVD set? He talks about some new ideas he works on the cruise ships with.
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3262 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
I hope that Rocky will make a guest apperence on one of the DVD's.
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
TCG438
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of TCG438
Quote:
On 2013-12-05 17:26, duanebarry wrote:
Can this thread be retired and a new one be started with the DVD set's one-word title spelled correctly?

Know Duane, eye gess knot.
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
912 Posts

Profile of Martino
Looks like it is spelled correctly to me.
duanebarry
View Profile
Special user
885 Posts

Profile of duanebarry
A moderator kindly fixed it.
Matt Bartz
View Profile
Loyal user
Gilbert, Arizona
253 Posts

Profile of Matt Bartz
Quote:
On 2013-12-05 17:09, magicjoe wrote:
Anyone know if any of his kid material is on the DVD set? He talks about some new ideas he works on the cruise ships with.

I hope so. From the Genii article it sounds like he's put a lot of work into that family/kid show. I love clips of him interacting with kids and hope he's releasing some of that work.
James Harrison
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
756 Posts

Profile of James Harrison
Is there a release date? I am hoping to get this for christmas
Sign up on my website to find out when my bar bet book and a couple different dvds will be coming out.

www.pickpocketmagic.com
helder
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of helder
Quote:
On 2013-12-16 09:41, James Harrison wrote:
Is there a release date? I am hoping to get this for christmas

December 20th
John McDonald
View Profile
Regular user
Manchester, England, UK
154 Posts

Profile of John McDonald
Just watched the Penguin lecture from September. I learned so much listening to him. His sleight of hand is brilliant and his insights on convincers and Misdirection and motivation are amazing. have preordered Ridiculous. Can't wait.
Best wishes John
Grasshop34
View Profile
Loyal user
Cincinnati, OH
227 Posts

Profile of Grasshop34
Anyone get this yet? I hope we see his stage show and he talks about stage routines and handling audience members.
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1346 Posts

Profile of Daren
Would be nice to get a update on this, still no news???
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » David Williamson: Ridiculous (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.247154 seconds, requiring 86 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [2] [7] [5] [4] [4] [4] [7] [3]