The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The June 2013 entrée: Jolly Roger » » Magic "Scene" in Arizona? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JonBarr
View Profile
New user
New Mexico
73 Posts

Profile of JonBarr
Living in your neighboring state to the east, (and no, you don't need a passport to visit New Mexico!) I am curious about the magic "scene" in Arizona.
Are there any great brick and mortar shops left? Any theaters or venues that regularly host magic? Anything else you care to share?
Thank you again for a very informative and entertaining week of hosting at the Café, sir!
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1667 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Hello again Jon. In many ways we have quite an active magic scene in Arizona. We have a healthy IBM ring 55 and SAM248, and because of our close proximity to Vegas, we often get big name lecturers at the clubs. Sadly, the brick and Mortar shops are closing down. We still have Easley's fun shop with a small magic department, and Williams Magic Shop in Tucson which is excellent! As you probably know, the IBM national convention is in Phoenix in a couple of weeks. I shall be there if anyone wants to say hello! http://www.magician.org

We occasionally get touring magic shows like David Copperfield, who comes to the Dodge or Gammage theatre. My friend Michael Finney also puts on his Dry Heat classic at a theatre each year.
Ed_Millis
View Profile
Inner circle
Yuma, AZ
2292 Posts

Profile of Ed_Millis
Williams Magic has closed its Tucson location and moved a bit eastward to Vail, AZ.

Ed
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1667 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
I did not know that Ed. Thanks for the heads up!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The June 2013 entrée: Jolly Roger » » Magic "Scene" in Arizona? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL