The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » "Born" - a ball manipulation DVD (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
AbsoluteZero
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of AbsoluteZero
To all manipulative enthusiasts,

My friend Bond Lee has made his first tutorial. After months and months of hard work,this DVD is widely available now Smile
http://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=51436

Here is an HD version of the demo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaqYqNCk3WY

A TV performance including the visual pocket watch vanish:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SngIpXpoyxc

And the teaser. lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLiIHizRY2E

I am proud to be a participant of this project. Hope you guys enjoy it!
Feel free to discuss and ask any question.

Best regards,
Ian
RJH
View Profile
Elite user
Finland
477 Posts

Profile of RJH
I just ordered it from Penguin magic, I'm waiting forward for it to come! I have 2 questions: Does Bond only Explain double and triple shell techniques or is there any single shell techniques and does he talk about steals and loads?

RJH
AbsoluteZero
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of AbsoluteZero
Quote:
On 2013-07-02 11:18, RJH wrote:
I just ordered it from Penguin magic, I'm waiting forward for it to come! I have 2 questions: Does Bond only Explain double and triple shell techniques or is there any single shell techniques and does he talk about steals and loads?

RJH

1. Bond and me will both explain those techniques. Yes, there are some single shell applications included.

2. This DVD generally uses table loads. That's a good suggestion, we will consider to include that in our future projects.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Can't wait to get this DVD. I am surprised AbsoluteZero did not announce the DVD finally on the market, I was patiently awaiting it's release.

Side note: I believe the proper English terms is "Bond and I". Who is I anyway? Smile
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Very good work!

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
AbsoluteZero
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of AbsoluteZero
Quote:
On 2013-07-02 20:15, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Can't wait to get this DVD. I am surprised AbsoluteZero did not announce the DVD finally on the market, I was patiently awaiting it's release.

Side note: I believe the proper English terms is "Bond and I". Who is I anyway? Smile

Please give us some comments when you have finished watching it Smile

There were technical issues to be solved and hence the delay, thank you for your patience.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
My copy should be here tomorrow, Saturday, July 6, 2013.

From the looks of the trailer, there will be nothing but good things to say, though.
RJH
View Profile
Elite user
Finland
477 Posts

Profile of RJH
I received my DVD yesterday. It is great! Very well explained! Bond and Ian explain techniques, flourishes and bonus stuff. There is also 2 routines performed and explained. Great buy!

RJH
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
My DVD arrived this morning, I went through the topics and gleaned the material presented.

I must say the Bond Lee is talented, nice looking performer, with a little curl in his smile while he is performing that says, "See what I just did?" It makes me smile and laugh a little. And he is a fellow Chavez Graduate! For all you "nay sayer's", he is differently not any kind of clone manipulator!

What you are getting is his material as presented in his Billiard Ball act. He shows every move and handling in close up camera work. He speaks very good English, and I don't know why he did not verbalize his instructions. He just showed each move once and the methods twice, with text on screen.

I can say all the people that bought the 2 inch and 2.25 inch Billiard Balls will not be able to use this size ball for any of the moves. It would just be impossible to stretch your fingers that far to sequence the moves for the productions.

Leaning the 1 to 4 and the color productions will enhance anyone's Billiard Ball routine to the standing ovation class. It is time well spent to learn this technique.

I purchased this DVD to find out as much as I can about the 1 to 4 one hand production technique, and these video have answered many of questions.

It did not cover the face of the palm toward audience productions, so I am still looking forward to that method being revealed one day by someone.

None of the material is what I would call easy, except the Laurie Ireland Ball Through Silk trick, where the ball is shown halfway through the silk handkerchief.

If anyone reading this is interested in learning the ultimate Billiard Ball productions, then I highly recommend this DVD be added to your learning process.

The book mentioned in the add, is only an 8 page pamphlet that on 5 pages Bond Lee introduces himself and give some very good advice on performing and what a magician is and things he should consider and be aware of when performing magic. Actually, it is much of the same things I have been attempting to get across on the Café to so many people that post questions.

The DVD is nicely produced and does not overwhelm the person like the McBride videos that throws so much information at the person watching, he becomes totally confused. Each segment is broken down, so it is easy to go to any section and study the moves in a relative short time so he can get back to practicing.

I don't think speed is the required process, as one learns the moves smoothness and quickness will come naturally. So go slow and learn the move and it should all fall into place for the learning student.
bojanbarisic
View Profile
Elite user
Croatia
462 Posts

Profile of bojanbarisic
Actually Bill it is not impossible to perform any of those moves with larger balls. I have been using 2 1/8 for many years and even though my hands are not very large I can do 1-4 with easy. One of the moves on that DVD that is quite difficult to perform with any size of the balls is my Elevator change that Ian performed and explained. That move too I perform with 2 1/8 inch balls. Just don`t give up and play with the moves for some time. Many sleights and juggling bits are very advanced and will take time to master. Regarding 1-4 or 2-8 with palm toward the audience... Ian is a master of it. Since inventor of that technique planned to produce his own DVD this year I don`t think it will take long before you have it in your hands with all information how to perform it but that technique is really very difficult to perform especially the final twist of a shell.

best,
Bojan Barisic
AbsoluteZero
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of AbsoluteZero
Bill,
2" ball is about the maximum size that I can handle, but I feel more comfortable with ~1.75".

The DVD covers one move on "palm toward audience" production. Check out "In Your Face" and "The Elevator Change".

Yeah this DVD is designed for intermediate/advanced ball manipulators.

I hope the booklet didn't give you a hard time reading it, since I did the text/translation. Smile

As far as I can see, the inventor which Bojan mentioned is unlikely going to publish his materials any time soon.
Let's see if Bond will invite him, if there is a future billiard ball project.

Thanks a lot for your comments!

Best regards,
Ian
yin_howe
View Profile
Special user
Malaysia
985 Posts

Profile of yin_howe
I'm getting this directly from Bond Lee (Jah Bond) when he comes to Malaysia in August.
"Talent without passion is talent wasted.."
https://www.youtube.com/user/yinhowe80/
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Guys, If you can get Sandy Chang to be the teacher on the next video, it would make me happy and boost sales as well. Her "Palm toward Audience" productions are perfection.

AbsoluteZero, I did notice a misplaced word in booklet. Just the wrong word for the explanation. I also noticed that a famous magicians 1st name was misspelled in the credits at the end.

If you want to know what, let me know, I will go over it again for you.
miltos
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of miltos
Born is a dvd for making the next step to your typical billiard ball routine.The video quality is very good.You will need serious practise to do the sleights.But when you master only half of the sleights you will have a next generation act.Also Bond,Ian and Bojan are very helpful guys and don't hesitate to ask them anything.Higly reccomended from me.
Miltos
p.s.I am waiting for a new project
AbsoluteZero
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of AbsoluteZero
Bill,

Thanks for pointing out the errors.

Miltos,

Thanks for supporting our work. Give the time which the moves deserve and you will be greatly rewarded. Have fun with them!

Ian
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1183 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
I'm having problems with the shell sticking. What brand of manipulation balls are you using?
Bob
AbsoluteZero
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of AbsoluteZero
Quote:
On 2013-07-20 01:41, Intrepid wrote:
I'm having problems with the shell sticking. What brand of manipulation balls are you using?

Me and Bond used a mixture of Fakini, JL and JieLi. What brand are you using?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I place a small rubber circle pad in my shells, this gives me more room for my fingers to grip the shell in the proper place for my size fingers, and it helps with the ball not sticking. One has to make sure they hold the shells in the correct place so the ball will roll out easily. This of course is a different spot for every person depending on the thickness of their fingers.
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1183 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Quote:
On 2013-07-20 01:50, AbsoluteZero wrote:
Quote:

I'm using 2" Fakini. I'll give Bill's suggestion a try. I believe Levent also prepares his shell like that.
Thanks
Bob
AbsoluteZero
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of AbsoluteZero
Quote:
On 2013-07-21 02:28, Intrepid wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-07-20 01:50, AbsoluteZero wrote:
Quote:

I'm using 2" Fakini. I'll give Bill's suggestion a try. I believe Levent also prepares his shell like that.
Thanks

The circle pad is a good idea.

Personally I didn't apply a pad inside the shell. I kept the stack pretty loose for those moves.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » "Born" - a ball manipulation DVD (9 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL