The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Vinny's Warped & Restored (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magicmike1949
View Profile
Special user
647 Posts

Profile of Magicmike1949
In another post several magi have remarked on the trick "Vinny's Warped & Restored". I have not heard of this particular version before, nor do I know where to find it in the literature or videography. Can someone point me in the right direction?
Lo-Key
View Profile
Loyal user
Earth
225 Posts

Profile of Lo-Key
Vinny's DVD will available before Christmas it will be distributed by Brad Burt "s magic Shop

If you e mail Vinny I'm sure he will send you a cd demo. of" warped and restored " he has done this for any one who asked ,,
vinsmagic@aol.com
Lo-Key
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13196 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I have an early copy of the video and there are many great ideas within, worthy of your study.

It covers completely new ground compared to anything I'd seen before on the subject and without difficult slights to pull it off.

Great stuff. Wish I'd thought of it.

Frank
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3541 Posts

Profile of Turk
I have seen Vinsmagic's "Warped and Restored" card routine. It is really brilliant. It is a one-card "Card Warped" routine. Basically impromptu because you can "prepare" the card right under the noses of the spectators.

Vinny is putting out a DVD through Brad Burt. The DVD should be out before Christmas and will include this routine. Got it? Get it!!

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
1990 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
Quote:
On 2003-12-04 22:38, Turk wrote:
Basically impromptu because you can "prepare" the card right under the noses of the spectators.

That was my favorite part of the routine. Even if you had no interest in the T&R aspect, the Card Warp get-ready would worth the price (well, assuming you do Card Warp Smile ).

Quinn
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
Silvester
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Silvester
I think I will get the dvd Smile
CharlieC
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of CharlieC
The dvd will also contain some other effects, including a card warp get-ready.
"Whenever he gets in a fix he reaches into his bag of tricks.
Felix the cat, the wonderful, wonderful cat..."
Jonathan Rice
View Profile
Loyal user
Maryland
223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Rice
Could someone tell me what the url is to Brad Burt's Magic shop is?
Justin R
View Profile
Loyal user
298 Posts

Profile of Justin R
Brad Burt-www.magicshop.com
MichalMystic
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of MichalMystic
I was very; very Lucky Vinny sent me the method by him on vhs. I know for a fact when this is on DVD and gets a little more attention then it already has, you'll be hearing about it a lot more. Ill be getting the DVD no matter what.

Great Work Vin hope to see some more of your work in this type of media.

Once again thank you and keep up the great work!

Justin Kowal/Michal Mystic
Ben721
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of Ben721
As I have said a lot of times in other posts, Vinnys warped and restored just kicks butt. Its an awesome trick. My favorite for impromptu settings. I also luckily have an old VHS tape, but will be buying the DVD as well. Plus I his contrlol is on it also.
Check out my new effect "As Good As It Gets" a gimmickles pencil or pen through bill effect. It closely mimmicks the slow motion phase of "Misled." About "As Good AS It Gets" for no gimmicks and everything being borrowed.
http://www.magic-notes.com/th
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24138 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Vinnie sent this to me this afternoon. WOW! This is really clever. You set it up right in front of the victim. That is cool. But the coolest part is the flash restoration.

This is really easy to do. You can learn how to do it in just a few minutes.

But please, please, please resist the temptation to perform it before you really understand how to do it. Practice it several times before you take it out into the world. It's too good to mess up in front of your friends.

Thanks, Vinnie!
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14448 Posts

Profile of Review King
I can't find it on Brad's site. Can we get a DVD direct from Vinney?
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
jimisolo
View Profile
Regular user
League City, TX
110 Posts

Profile of jimisolo
"I can't find it on Brad's site. Can we get a DVD direct from Vinney?"

Chris,

Vinny still hasn't released the DVD yet, at least to my knowledge (and I'm pretty sure he'd let me know). I don't know if he is still doing the demo thing, but it's worth a shot (BTW-he sent mine on VCD, not video, but it did include methods as well as the effects: Top Gun Control and Warped and Restored). He may still be doing this for folks, it can't hurt to ask. The worst he could say is to just wait a few more weeks for the DVD (and you'll end up wanting to buy that anyway, so no big whoop).

My 2,

Rob
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10519 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Warped and Restored dvd should be realeased shortly .if not contact me and send mailing addres and I wll send you a cd.
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
Vinny was kind enough to send me the video of this wonderful trick. It is a great variation, and solves a lot of problems in this type of routine that otherwise might bedevil the inexperienced performer. Smile
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14448 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2004-01-16 10:20, vinsmagic wrote:
Warped and Restored dvd should be realeased shortly .if not contact me and send mailing addres and I wll send you a cd.
vinny

Hi Vinny!
I sent paypal Warped and Restored money to that fund and you send me a CD, but I couldn't'
play it on my Computer. Can I buy a DVD direct from you?

Bets,
Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10519 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Chris,

I will pm you how to play the vcd.

vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
4914 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Hi Vinny!

I also was lucky enough to have Vinny send me a CD. I really liked his get ready move, which is done right in front of the spectators!

His Top Gun Control is very interesting, and looks like magic.

Vinny, did you do your little dance on the DVD like you did on the CD? LOL

Ray Noble
digitaltrip
View Profile
Elite user
452 Posts

Profile of digitaltrip
Does anyone know what the difference is between the VCD and DVD versions (in terms of content)? I'll be placing my order soon but I was wondering about this.

Thanks guys,

digitaltrip
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Vinny's Warped & Restored (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL