The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Best over the phone magic for friends (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
ivan7
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of ivan7
Check out Tarbell 2 or 3 in the card effects (I think, I really cant be bothered checking the ref). It has a couple card over the phone effects. The one Blaine did is in there (proving once again that all one really needs is the Tarbell Course in Magic to be a success).

You could also get someone to draw something then make a blind guess as to what it is. Usually a tree or car or something.
DrNorth
View Profile
Veteran user
North Starr Entertainment, Harrisburg PA
364 Posts

Profile of DrNorth
Phil Goldstien has an effect wherein a spectaor thinks of a country and teh performer guesses it, This kills over teh phone and teh best thing it doesn't invoinvolve complex math tricks. Maybe it's a personal peeve but by teh third or fourth calculation or numerical converson I am already bored and confused.
Smile
"For it shows things that were, and things that are, and things that yet may be. But which it that he sees, even the wisest cannot always tell"
~Galadriel

"A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes."
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
I found a nice little one in a book called "The Little Giant Encyclopedia of Card & Magic Tricks" it's the kind of book you can find at a Barnes and Nobel. It's a cool trick where you reveal the selected card and also the number of cards set aside earlier by the spectator (phone call recipient).

Vandy
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
LR2
View Profile
Regular user
Humble, Texas
116 Posts

Profile of LR2
Jay Sankey has an o.k. over-the-phone effect in one of his videos.
mugician51
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of mugician51
What's your sign, K.E.N.T., or any other progressive anagram based trick works very well over the phone.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Well, what about Jay Sankey's Locker Room Mystery in his 22 Blow To The Head? I'm surprise to see that no one mention this one...
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Victor Brisbin
View Profile
Elite user
Washington, DC / NOVA
432 Posts

Profile of Victor Brisbin
"What's your sign" has been mentioned. Other great effects include the use of the Paul Fox gimmick, or Grismer's "Foxy Fone". Annemann has several telephone tricks that beg to be updated in our digital age.
"It is better to practice a little than talk a lot." - Muso Kokushi
Sam Tabar
View Profile
Inner circle
Austin, Texas
1050 Posts

Profile of Sam Tabar
There's also a cool one in "Magic for Dummies" book called the telephone trick.
"Knowledge comes from finding the answers, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom." - Anonymous
rmoraleta
View Profile
Special user
Philippines
767 Posts

Profile of rmoraleta
Try Key-R-Rect, it works!
dblatt25
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of dblatt25
I personally like the over the phone trick called the wizard, where some one selects a card and then you call the "wizard" and he talks to the person and tells them what there card is
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
This is a great thread. Impuzzibilities is a great booklet with several things with coins that can be done over the phone.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Paul D
View Profile
Elite user
NY
455 Posts

Profile of Paul D
A great over the phone effect is by Gregory Wilson its called 411 it can be found in The Art of Astonishment set by Paul Harris.Vol.3 special friends.
Astonishment as Therapy...?
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Are there some of these with dice? I came up with one, but there must be a few more.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
The Wacky Wizard
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of The Wacky Wizard
Invisible Deck. Have someone call a friend and ask them to name any card.
This is a person the magician doesn't know and seems very magical.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Roshambo...
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
No idea what it's called but my friend will call me and I'll divine a truly felree choice of a spec. We use a very basic code system. He has my name as merlin in his phone and I do an old wizard voice. Kids love it
Doug Trouten
View Profile
Elite user
Minnesota
471 Posts

Profile of Doug Trouten
Any number of two-person mentalism acts could work over the phone. Anneman published a simple "Practical Card Code" in the seventh issue of The Jinx (April, 1935), but that's just one example. One nice thing is that the partner you call doesn't necessarily need to have memorized the code -- they can be looking at a cheat sheet while you signal them.
It's still magic even if you know how it's done.
Terry Pratchett
Magidoc
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Magidoc
Either a star sign divination or Xijatsey from Joshua Quinn's book ParaLies. Speaking of which, Thought Chunnel would work out really well, too.
Koolmagic114
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Koolmagic114
Agree with Slim King.... ANY of the Steinmeyer impuzzibilites books have great items you can do over the phone
Eddy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Co-Creator of "TAGZ" / "Iced Over" / " TelePad" / "Penigma"
www.magicianslair.com
NeverMind
View Profile
Loyal user
Right up there. On the stage.
283 Posts

Profile of NeverMind
Over the phone tricks have a special flavor. So many great suggestions to check out in this thread. This will really help my learning.
It is better to be trusted than liked.
Under promise. Over perform.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Best over the phone magic for friends (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL