The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Introducing the NEW Conjuring Arts FREE Summer Book Club! (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Conjuring Arts
View Profile
New user
New York, NY
51 Posts

Profile of Conjuring Arts
Introducing the NEW Conjuring Arts FREE Summer Book Club!
Every week for the rest of the summer we will give a away a great classic magic book via downloadable PDF. This week is our bible edition of The Expert at the Card Table complete with a handy dandy bookmark table of contents.
Just go to our store, put the book in your cart and check out. You will have to create a shopping cart but you don’t have to join anything and the book will be free with no strings attached.

Next sunday Erdnase goes back to regular price ($9.99) and Charlie Miller’s favorite book become free!

Cheers from CA
Want to reach us or have questions? Send us a PM or email us at: [email]questions@conjuringarts.org[/email]
Official Account of the Conjuring Arts Research Center
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2013-07-08 17:22, Conjuring Arts wrote:
Introducing the NEW Conjuring Arts FREE Summer Book Club!
Every week for the rest of the summer we will give a away a great classic magic book via downloadable PDF. This week is our bible edition of The Expert at the Card Table complete with a handy dandy bookmark table of contents.
Just go to our store, put the book in your cart and check out. You will have to create a shopping cart but you don’t have to join anything and the book will be free with no strings attached.

Next sunday Erdnase goes back to regular price ($9.99) and Charlie Miller’s favorite book become free!

Cheers from CA

WOW!! What a nice and generous offer. I was on it like white on rice. Thanks a lot, CA.
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Mercutio01
View Profile
New user
Ocean City, NJ
68 Posts

Profile of Mercutio01
Nice. I have a hardcopy of Erdnase, but it's nice to have a copy on my computer.
~Cameron Mount
Steve Suss
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Steve Suss
Thank you. I have and read the hard copy over 40 years ago but this makes it very convenient to read it over and over again.
Steve
PaulSharke
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of PaulSharke
Quote:
Charlie Miller’s favorite book become free!

Do we have any guesses as to what this one might be?
Magic-Scott
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of Magic-Scott
Thank you! Always nice to have a soft copy.
Angel1998
View Profile
Regular user
Ho Chi Minh City,Vietnam
184 Posts

Profile of Angel1998
Thank you Smile
poonchingyip
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
419 Posts

Profile of poonchingyip
Thank you VERY MUCH !!!!! Really appreciate of the hard work, you guys are excellent Smile

- Arthur
Ray Bertrand
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1452 Posts

Profile of Ray Bertrand
Thank you for this wonderful gift. It's great having access to this on my laptop.
Mentalism in Ontario.
Jeff Hinchliffe
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto, ON Canada
280 Posts

Profile of Jeff Hinchliffe
Quote:
On 2013-07-09 14:37, PaulSharke wrote:
Quote:
Charlie Miller’s favorite book become free!

Do we have any guesses as to what this one might be?

Pretty sure it's going to be The Modern Conjurer by C. Lang Neil. A British First Edition (identifiable by the misspelling of Neil as Niel on the spine) can be seen at the bottom of the stack of books for their summer line-up on their site, and I've also heard that this was Miller's favourite book. It's also been heralded as containing one of the two best descriptions of the pass, the other of course being Erdnase. Also, it's one of the earliest texts to use photographs instead of illustrations.

Looking forward to it.

Jeff
Pick a card, any card...
Conjuring Arts
View Profile
New user
New York, NY
51 Posts

Hi Jeff,
That's a pretty good guess and you will definitely be able to download that book one week this summer but not next week!
Here's another, but more arcane, clue.

25 years ago Karl Fulves said this about next week's free book.

"The [next week's book] classic, combined with the Charles Jordan output, could
well be acknowledged as the key early 20th Century texts foreshadowing
the shape of things to come."

Now what do you think?

CA
Want to reach us or have questions? Send us a PM or email us at: [email]questions@conjuringarts.org[/email]
Shikanominarazu
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of Shikanominarazu
I'll a wild stab at it: Either Hoffman or one of Edward Victor's books.
DannySpears
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of DannySpears
As a budding magician, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
AngeloR
View Profile
Elite user
441 Posts

Profile of AngeloR
Thank you very much!
civins
View Profile
Regular user
Scotland
128 Posts

Profile of civins
Anyone else having problems getting a copy of this pdf? I'm getting an error message?
JonBarr
View Profile
New user
New Mexico
73 Posts

Profile of JonBarr
Got it!
Thank you very much.
Conjuring Arts
View Profile
New user
New York, NY
51 Posts

Dear Civins,
Please let us know what the error is so we can fix it.
So far over 600 have downloaded this week's book this afternoon so we know it's working for some but we definitely want to make sure everybody who wants it can get it.

Team CA
whiteoakcanyon
View Profile
Special user
899 Posts

Profile of whiteoakcanyon
Thank you very much for making this material available.

Mark
MField2000
View Profile
Special user
Hastings, East Sussex, England
590 Posts

Profile of MField2000
I had no trouble with the download.

Thank you so much for these. I've got them on my tablet for handy reading on my train rides into London for meetings of The Magic Circle.

My hardback copy of Hatton & Plate cost me $40!

Superb all the way.

And I'll be looking over the list of other available e-books so I can spend some dough and support CARC.

Matt Field
Conjuring Arts
View Profile
New user
New York, NY
51 Posts

The files we used to print the Erdnase bible were used to make the PDF for that book. Hatton and Plate was done using OCR of the printed book from 1910 and the output format is a text over image PDF which is a somewhat different format. This format allows us to keep the old book feel while making the text crisp and file size somewhat smaller than if we were using all images. What Kindle are you having trouble with? Does Kindle support text over image PDFs? Unfortunately we don't have any Kindles at CA to test on. We will try our very best to solve this for/with you.

Team CA
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Introducing the NEW Conjuring Arts FREE Summer Book Club! (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL