The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ProMystic Morph - First App From ProMystic (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
PM has just released their first APP - and it is a beauty! Introducing MORPH http://www.promystic.com/morph.html

Most of us are familiar by now with the kind of state of the art technology and ground breaking advancements developed by our friend Craig Filcetti at ProMystic.

Some weeks ago I was given a delicious taste of one of ProMystic's coolest new releases... an incredibly cool new app that utilized state of the art "Augmented Reality" technolgy. Since then I have been playing and performing with it, and it typically elicits gasps and fantastic responses from spectators. What is augmented reality? For spectators it is a kind of mind trip - a bending and blending of reality in the palm of their hands - a mixture of the real (their hand) with an object with crystal clarity that changes from one thing to another.

The spectator can move their hand up or down, left or right - and the tracking of the AR creates a perfect real time illusion.

Craig shared with me that his new ProMystic "Morph" app (which is available now for both iPhone and Android for $8.00) is something completely different coming from ProMystic - basically a quite unique "magic trick" (actually I would call it a magic trip) using a sophisticated program that you can carry with you all the time.

Once the Morph app is installed, it places an extra camera icon on your iPhone screen. Once activated the camera works like your regular camera - but when the camera focuses in on one of the Jokers, the real card literally melts and morphs into another card - the card the spectator previously chose. Give the phone a little shake ... and voila, the card disappears and the real joker is now back on the screen.

This type of Augmented Reality tech required quite a bit of development & processing power. Craig said other big companies had looked at it but moved away due to the cost of development. Craig's new release is just lovely.

Here is the ad copy:

With the ProMystic Morph app, you can make any joker from Theory 11 (Monarchs), Ellusionist (Artifice), Blue Crown or Promystic (pre-purchased) come to life!!

Simply force a card and then open the camera like app. Point the camera view at the cards and watch the card come to life with Augmented Reality.

From Wikipedia:

Augmented reality (AR) is a live, direct or indirect, view of a physical, real-world environment whose elements are augmented (or supplemented) by computer-generated sensory input such as sound, video, graphics or GPS data. It is related to a more general concept called mediated reality, in which a view of reality is modified (possibly even diminished rather than augmented) by a computer. As a result, the technology functions by enhancing one’s current perception of reality.

Augmentation is conventionally in real-time and in semantic context with environmental elements, such as sports scores on TV during a match. With the help of advanced AR technology (e.g. adding computer vision and object recognition) the information about the surrounding real world of the user becomes interactive and digitally manipulable. Artificial information about the environment and its objects can be overlaid on the real world

I think that many Magician's could take Morph beyond just a simple card change.

MORPH is simply dynamite. Highly recommended!
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Just a quick clarification:

The app is available separately at the Apple/Android app stores for $9.99

The $8.00 I mentioned is for the special ProMystic set of cards which includes the special jokers which work with the app. The cards have standard Bike backs. And as explained on the PM site, certain Theory 11 and Ellusionist & Blue Crown card sets.

Apple: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/promysti......886?mt=8

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai......ticmorph
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
LukeBrady
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of LukeBrady
I have played with the app and it is great.
If you are a hypnotist or do hypnotic style effects you could clearly use this as a negative hallucination style effect. Kind of like when you think you put your car keys somewhere and when you look there, clearly they are not there.

Although I don't (personally) recommend it as an opener, due to the time investment, it is great to throw in the middle or end of your set. Especially if your significant other has the app as well. It can easily look like a random phone and be even more powerful.
Plus the card pack allows you to have these jokers that you can add into packs of cards you are already using.

Highly recommended! Well done Craig!
Luke
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Please note that ONLY the jokers shown and noted at the PM site will work with this app. The AR software keys in to those specifics cards only - once they come into focus, then the morphing occurs.

Photos of the 4 possible jokers which will work are shown at the PM site here: http://www.promystic.com/morph.html

Specific jokers that work are from Theory 11 (Monarchs), Ellusionist (Artifice), Blue Crown and the set that KIT which ProMystic sells.

My understanding is that Penguin, Hocus Pocus and other dealers should have their stock immediately for those that want to just buy the $8.00 joker kit rather than purchasing a deck.

Penguin link: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S15557
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Darn, I have a Iphone 3GS, bummer!
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2013-07-10 00:50, Blindside785 wrote:

iPhone Requirements:

Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation) and iPad. Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Oh, hip hip, hooray!
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1266 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
Craig, any chance you could post the official info here yourself, from the horse's mouth, so to speak?
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Thanks for the concerts + recordings, Lowell, Richie, and Paul!
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
Fun little app, but I personally found the price too much for the little options you get. 2 different morph transitions, a thirdif you pay more money, and two card choices. Other augmented apps are much cheaper so iI don't think the tecnology is expensive. This app cost me just over $10.00 and another $1.50 if I want the third morph transition. Lighting is a factor, and the camera you use has no light. I got a feeling that any new updates for this will require further purchases.

I would of liked to have had more card selections, and not have to pay for the third morph transition. I think it should be priced around $3-$4 instead. There is another great augmented magic trick based on "The Web" that is in my opinion a better app with a kicker ending that only asks $4 to purchase.

It's a neat concept, but augmented tecnology isn't new anymore. My son's 3DS player has it.
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Quote:
On 2013-07-10 01:13, saysold1 wrote:
Quote:

iPhone Requirements:

Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation) and iPad. Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
This looks great, have you had any performance time with it? Reactions?

Anyhow, I"m installing. The price seems pretty cheap for the effect. I may like this Smile
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
So I got it, I don't have any of the joker cards, but I'll end up buying some blue crown cards.

You can actually go to the promystic site and Ctrl+scroll up and maximize the screen a bit and see the phone will do the change on the computer, haha it's fun!

Will Artisans from T11 work? I'm getting those in within a day or two.
ahzhe
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of ahzhe
Won't work with regular bike joker? Have to spend extra $8 to buy a special joker? I'll pass
VMagical
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of VMagical
Yes I agree. This should've worked with a regular bike joker since those are so common.
j100taylor
View Profile
Inner circle
1198 Posts

Profile of j100taylor
Quote:
On 2013-07-10 03:07, ahzhe wrote:
Won't work with regular bike joker? Have to spend extra $8 to buy a special joker? I'll pass

Agreed.
Lakewood, Ohio
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Buy my penguin lecture and you can do this with any card !
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
We were very excited when Craig approached us about including the Crown Deck joker as a compatible card in Morph.

I've had this app for a few months now, and it works perfectly. (Even though the Crown Deck joker works with the app, I am still a paying customer and bought the app). As we've all come to expect from Craig, he delivers a high-quality product.

Reactions to this are strong, but varied. Some find it quite amazing, others find it to be more of an amusement. Either way, it provides solid entertainment. It's even fun to play with on your own, just watching the card morph into a different one and then still move around and respond under a live view through the camera.

I believe Craig didn't make this work with USPC Jokers as he wanted to avoid any possible trademark issues. You can either pick up the special jokers he designed pretty soon from dealers, or as stated on his product page, this will work with Crown Deck jokers, as well as decks from E and T11. You can use any color of the Crown Decks (Blue, Red, Green, Black, or Gold) as the jokers all have the same design. This doesn't work with the Crown Luxury deck joker.

This one definitely gets a thumbs up from me!
Kevin Reylek
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2013-07-10 02:07, Blindside785 wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

iPhone Requirements:

Anyhow, I"m installing. The price seems pretty cheap for the effect. I may like this Smile

Honestly I would not want this to work with the regular jokers - the point is that not just any card can set off the Morph.

Anyway I'm definitely not a "card guy" but here is my own take on using Morph combining with a standard DL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZV6Uf2DX6U
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Quote:
On 2013-07-10 11:14, saysold1 wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-07-10 02:07, Blindside785 wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

iPhone Requirements:

Honestly I would not want this to work with the regular jokers - the point is that not just any card can set off the Morph.

Anyway I'm definitely not a "card guy" but here is my own take on using Morph combining with a standard DL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZV6Uf2DX6U

Pretty much exactly how I would use it, great video.
magicmike30
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of magicmike30
Right then please no one else get this then;) I will get two decks right now can someone link me the cards I need please.
Not sure exactly which deck to get and well I'm very sleep deprived from my night shifts but I wish I had this for my gig today.
Entertainer
magicmike30
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of magicmike30
Great video well done. The ideas are running through my Head.
Just finished with the Manchurian Approach this is going to be awesome.
Entertainer
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ProMystic Morph - First App From ProMystic (4 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL