The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » MORPH - ProMystic Releases Their First App! (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2013-07-26 17:13, lil_magic wrote:
Does this work with regular bicycle jokers?

No... just the Jokers Craig provides OR the others mentioned in the thread above - which are EASY To locate.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
What I did at the bar was to havethe card "selected" and then did a repeat card under glass type of thing and the last time the card does notappear under the glass, so I ask them if they think I am skillful enough to make them choosethe card again, then classic forcé thejoker. Everyone laughs because I have failed, then I do the morph thing. I find that it Works well just leavingg thejoker on the tableand do the morph from above at a fair distance, because they can see that the joker has changed to the selected card but when they look under the pone all they see is the joker, this alsosolves the problema of spec suddenly moving their hand.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Puzzlemaker
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of Puzzlemaker
For those who wanted to see more details of the Morph/Change, here is a Video i´ve made.

If you buy the app you have two different Version of the change ( Two x3 of Clubs and two x 7 of Hearts)
You can buy a third Version of the Morph Effect where the card changes first in Fire Bubbles and then Reveal the Card.
All these i´ve put in this short Video a few days ago.

http://www.youtube.com/audio?video_refer......sCQVcbDg
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
It's not public. Google asks for a password. ?
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Puzzlemaker
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of Puzzlemaker
? No Password. It´s Public.

http://www.youtube.com/audio?video_refer......sCQVcbDg

or try to search over my Youtube Videos if you like:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Fairmagic5876
DutchFrank
View Profile
Special user
Has a fence with
541 Posts

Profile of DutchFrank
Forgive me any language mistakes.

I'm Dutch.
Puzzlemaker
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of Puzzlemaker
Upps...Sorry for this.
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
749 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
How about showing the joker, doing a double lift or top change and then flip it face up under the phone. The Joker shows but when it morphs into another card (maybe a selected card), you pull the card out from under the phone and it too has changed into the morphed card.

Carl
lumberjohn
View Profile
Special user
Memphis, TN
626 Posts

Profile of lumberjohn
The card the joker morphs into is not a standard card face, so you really need a deck with a working joker and the specific card face into which the card morphs. Also, the joker I am using (Monarch) is white except for the joker artwork. The morph card has black borders.The morph card and the joker don't line up perfectly, so you can always see the white border at the edge of the black morph card, ruining the illusion. This is very disappointing since it has the potential to be a great trick.

Would it be possible to provide an option for a morph card without black borders -- preferably one that matches standard decks?
*double-A-magic*
View Profile
Loyal user
Cheshire, England, UK
255 Posts

Profile of *double-A-magic*
Hey,

Just got my promystic morph cards and downloaded the app. Loving the effect, can't wait to try it out!

Does anyone know what the other cards are used for? I've got three "aged cards", one of which is a double backer. What are these used for??

Cheers,

AA
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice."
<BR>
<BR>- Joseph Dunninger -
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1779 Posts

Profile of Ross W
I gaveMorph the wife test last night.

On the down side her reaction was "Hm, clever app."

On the upside, she complimented me on how quickly I had "programmed it" with her card, which meant the the cross cut force flew right by
her!

The cross cut force!!!!!
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2013-09-12 01:53, ross welford wrote:
I gaveMorph the wife test last night.

On the down side her reaction was "Hm, clever app."

On the upside, she complimented me on how quickly I had "programmed it" with her card, which meant the the cross cut force flew right by
her!

The cross cut force!!!!!

If presented correctly IMO this shouldn't feel like an "app."

Some people are familiar with the augmented reality concept, and more consumer companies are using it. No big deal though as it still kills and also how to explain locating their card in that way.

That means mixing it up with some other sleights - and making the appearance only part of the whole.

Also a great suggestion from Café member Jesse James McGuire - after the morph carp appears, you can also take a snapshot of the moment by pressing the home button/on-off button at the same time (without jerking the phone too much). This way you have a souvenir to send to the spectator.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Wondering now if Craig will update to the latest camera style of iOS7?
jesse_james_mcguire
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of jesse_james_mcguire
I have been doing the screen shot and people love it.. Plus they get your contact number.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4540 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Upgraded to an iPhone 5s from my iPhone 3GS pretty much just for this effect, the camera opens up and freezes and takes 7 seconds to unfreeze and it's choppy, workable but choppy. Can't wait to have it on a faster unit. Waiting for Morph cards in the mail as well.
Keith Atkinson
View Profile
Regular user
Wigan, UK
196 Posts

Profile of Keith Atkinson
I have a similar issue on my Google Nexus 4, camera app opens, then goes off, 7 seconds...on again, not too worried as it works fine,
keith.
Pick A Card, Any Card.
Keith Atkinson
View Profile
Regular user
Wigan, UK
196 Posts

Profile of Keith Atkinson
I have a similar issue on my Google Nexus 4, camera app opens, then goes off, 7 seconds...on again, not too worried as it works fine,
keith.
Pick A Card, Any Card.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2013-09-28 01:27, Blindside785 wrote:
Upgraded to an iPhone 5s from my iPhone 3GS pretty much just for this effect, the camera opens up and freezes and takes 7 seconds to unfreeze and it's choppy, workable but choppy. Can't wait to have it on a faster unit. Waiting for Morph cards in the mail as well.

Really?

I have only been using a 5S since getting it and early testing with Craig - never a freeze of issue at all personally. There is always a small like 2-3 sec delay for the camera app to open, but the 5S chip is plenbty fast to process everything and the morphing as well - no issues. No choppiness.

See what other apps perhaps might be opened and close some if needed - maybe something is sucking the processing power?

If you got a 5S you should not need to upgrade to a faster phone at all - it has all the horsepower you should need.

Send a PM to Craig maybe and see what he says. I have never had a single instance of chopiness or freeze using with my 5S many times.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
OK just tested it - I will say that on my 5S it does take about 6-7 sec for the camera "iris" to open and start, with the little red indicator at the bottom.

However no chopiness or freeze whatsoever.

The app instructions do as I recall state that there will be a delay when starting the app - and the red indicator obviously lets you know that this isn't the standard camera.

I do hope PM will update though with the new iPhone camera format and "look" so that there is no suspcion.
Number One
View Profile
Regular user
Mike J Kelly
164 Posts

Profile of Number One
I have just purchased this on Android.

I can't see and difference between Morph 1 & Morph 2.

Can someone explain.

It would also be nice to morph to a normal 7H / 3C i.e. not scorched.

So that the chosen card is identical to the morph card.

Mike
Smile Guess which hand the frog is in.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » MORPH - ProMystic Releases Their First App! (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL