The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Review: Beyond the Veil by Franklin (17 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1966 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Franklin is a true gent and really impressed me with some of the devious material from this at the South Tyneside Magic Festival. I will do a full review on the book for you guys the moment I get a chance to sit down for longer than five mins Smile

Keep up the good work Franklin!
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
The Paranormalist
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom
702 Posts

Profile of The Paranormalist
Thank you NeilS and Michael for your kind words I can't tell you how much I really do appreciate it, and I really do look forward Michael to your full review of my book. (If it's that good I might buy a copy myself, ha ha).

I also really must apologise to all those who would really like to get a copy but are struggling with the password. It is only down to my constant fear of finding the contents of the book ending up on a torrent web-site or a certain routine being given away free in a packet of breakfast cereal. I suppose we all have to face this threat, it's a sign of the times. But after giving this a lot of thought I have decided to still keep the password on my web-site but to reveal it here, there has to be some trust, after all everyone reading this thread on this forum is due to us all sharing the same common interest. The password is the first name "wolf" and the surname is "messing" all in lower case, and the web address is http://www.themindmagician.co.uk/beyondtheveil

I hope this is of help and if anyone still has any problems please do not hesitate to PM me.

Thanks to all.
Relick666
View Profile
Special user
604 Posts

Profile of Relick666
This sounds really cool and it seems to be filled with the type of mentalism I like: direct and really strong.

May I ask if there are any language restrictions on a lot of the effects?
I ask because I perform mostly in spanish.

Might take the plunge soon! Smile

Cheers Franklin,

Andreu.
The Paranormalist
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom
702 Posts

Hi Andreu

Although there is a CD ROM included with all the artwork in PDF format, if you have the knowledge how to open this format you can change the text to any language. Also there are Microsoft word blanks included on the CD ROM to make up your own artwork, which is very easy.

Certainly language would not be a problem in any of the routines.

Kind regards

Franklin
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
...on my list for next month's book purchases...
I've asked to be banned
Moderncelt
View Profile
Veteran user
Twin Cities MN
343 Posts

Profile of Moderncelt
Also on my list of books to buy.
The Paranormalist
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom
702 Posts

Hi Iain and Moderncelt
I'm sure you will love this as will everyone else, I just came from the post office to ship one of my books to someone in the U.S.A. and they happily enlightened me regarding the postal charge increase that has been in effect since 1st March.

As the book Beyond the Veil weighs 846 grams

First class U.K. postage - £3.20

Airmail Europe - £8.05

Airmail U.S.A. and World Zone 2 - £12.60

Airmail Australia and New Zealand - £13.60

Anyone residing on any other planet in this or any other solar system please PM me regarding the charge!!!

I'm just waiting for my web designer to make the changes on the page. Sooner or later the shipping charges will cost more than the item... Joke!
Smile
Scott Soloff
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia, PA
960 Posts

Profile of Scott Soloff
Received Franklin's "Beyond The Veil" in the mail yesterday.

Last evening, I read it word for word; cover to cover.

I have only one word to describe this work - Beautiful!

It is obvious that the material in this book comes from a working professional.

His thinking and methods are straight forward and practical. In the hands of
the right performer, these effects can be devastating. (As always, the caveat is
"the right performer".)

There is one piece that Franklin included that is very generous. I doubt that I
would have done so. It alone is worth the price of admission (actually, much more).

Included is a stage piece that I look forward to including in my own act. Very impressive
and plays big (note: not for the mentalist that works solo).

And, there is what I believe to be a real sleeper. Once again, in the right hands,
very powerful. But I'll leave it up to you to figure out what it is.

Once again, nothing complicated here. Just straight forward, practical and strong mentalism
for the working performer. Most of it can be used for close-up or for the stage.

Two other quick points: First, there is a bonus essay at the end on the business side of show
business. For those just getting started, Franklin shares some hard truths on what it takes to
become established. Very helpful and will point you in the right direction.

Second, the book comes complete with a DVD to print out the artwork for many of the effects.
Also worth much more than the cost of the book.

If you're like me who enjoys simple methods that packs a wallop, then I strongly recommend "Beyond The Veil".

Best wishes,

Scott
p.s. Mini-rant: Personally, I'm sick and tired of those that complain about books and methods and effects
that are too expensive.

If you're a working professional and something even gives you the whiff of an idea that goes into your act,
then how can it be too expensive.

Well, Franklin provides much more than a whiff. Enjoy the book.
'Curiouser and curiouser."
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Hi guys,

I've just received this and would like to add a few comments.

As a full time working magician, I am very careful when buying stuff! I guess that's because I know my style and what would suit me, my audience and my working environment. So, without doubt, this is one of the BEST purchases I have made!!!!

This book is full of solid working material that is simply GOLD. I have a large stage show in the New Year and I will already be using a couple of routines from the book immediately - nuff said!

What's more, the material will not just appeal to the hard-core mentalist, but also the close-up worker looking to add something a little different to their repertoire.

It always amazes me when I see magicians spending a fortune on effects based on a flashy demo video and a few screaming girls, to then get it and realise that it's totally impractical and therefore ends up in the dreaded magicians drawer. This book is packed with solid tried and tested routines that you will love. Plus, the CD with all the artwork etc is fantastic too. It won't go in the drawer.

This is simply a hidden gem that many people will miss - make sure you don't.
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
The Paranormalist
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom
702 Posts

Hi Sean.

I'm so pleased that you enjoyed the book and I am delighted that other mentalists apart from myself will make good use of the contents.

As you know Sean all the routines in the book are solid real workers that I have developed over the thirty or so years and I have poured my heart and soul into writing this book. It really was a labour of love. Many thanks for your kind words Sean and the words from all those in previous testimonials that have made it all worth while.

Many thanks once again.

Franklin
The Mind Magician
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3237 Posts

Profile of NeilS
I am glad to see this has come to prominence again.

All too often, after products and books come to the market, they drop off the radar as it were. As a result some gems tend to get overlooked or forgotten.

I have got quite a collection of books on mentalism but Beyond the Veil is up there with the best. Solid, practical material, excellent advice and a fantastic CD with a collection of useful images, just perfect for the things we do.

Neil
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Where is this available these days?
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
The Paranormalist
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom
702 Posts

Hi Neil, I'm absolutely overwhelmed with your kind words and thoughts about my book, thank you ever so much.

My book 'Beyond the Veil' is still available and can be found on my website: http://www.themindmagician.co.uk
The link with details about the book can be found at the bottom left hand corner of the page.

Hope this is of help, any problems please P.M. me.

Franklin
Gorgeous
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of Gorgeous
I haven't finished reading the book, but I wanted to chime in with my thoughts, in case anyone is still on the fence.

I can tell you for a fact, and I know this to be true because Franklin was generous enough to meet up and chat for a bit, that most, if not all, of the pieces in this book has been performed and refined over thousands of performances. You will not be receiving pipe dreams as is often the cases with the releases found today, but a book chock-full of solid and well-worked material. From what I gathered during my short time meeting with Franklin, he isn't selling this book to make money. Rather, and I don't remember if these are his words, it is his contribution to the subject area we love and upon which he has made his living for the last thirty years.

I think it is worth noting that for Franklin the sale doesn't end with the delivering of the book, he kindly offered to answer any follow up questions I might have. He truly is loves and is passionate about his material. I'm sure that this applies to all purchases of his work.
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Thanks! I'll put that on the to-buy list.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Yes, id forgotten about this...would love to read it...😊
I've asked to be banned
cheesewrestler
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1157 Posts

Profile of cheesewrestler
For sale to performing mentalists only, apparently.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
That's fair enough, its his work..
I've asked to be banned
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Quote:
On Nov 25, 2016, cheesewrestler wrote:
For sale to performing mentalists only, apparently.

Although I do perform mentalism effects, I am not a pure mentalist as such. The book will be equally applicable for close up workers looking to add a little mind magic to their repertoire and not just for the hard-core mentalist.
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
cheesewrestler
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1157 Posts

Profile of cheesewrestler
I'm just passing along the information on the website. When you get to the ordering information, it says "Provide proof that you are a performing mentalist."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Review: Beyond the Veil by Franklin (17 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL