The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Ted Karmilovich New Pocket MOAB Review (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Darrell Mac
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Darrell Mac
In regarding the New Pocket Mother of all Book Test... all I can say is "This is well Worth the Investment." Those that know the Power of the Mother will now be able to take that power where ever they go. I was Extremely excited about the fact that it uses the same time tested principles as before, with a little extra that brings it to a whole new level of Astonishment which you will have to find out for yourself. It Really is Ingenious and being familiar with the basic handling as I'm sure most of you are, this will be a Real treat. From the moment I received my copy in the mail, I was able to share that Wonderful gift that only a caring Mother could share. "Thanks Mom."
I'm very Confident that you will Enjoy this (take anywhere) work of art, from the creative Genius of Ted Karmilovich. Astonish well my Friends as there will be more to discuss...
DM.
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
How big is the book itself? Can it fit in a jacket pocket? How many pages is the book? I'm very interested.
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
I just saw the samples on Hocus-Pocus.com. It looks perfect.
Darrell Mac
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Darrell Mac
It is a Stunning Paperback size: 6.75 inches tall, 4.25 inches wide, 0.6 inches deep. Weight: 8 oz. It has a very thin Sleek look to it, also with an hire of Mystery to the new Cover design alongside a New Thought Provoking Title. The Book itself has 267 pages of well thought out content. This wonderful new addition fits nicely inside the inner jacket pocket for easy transport.
Demitri
View Profile
Loyal user
296 Posts

Profile of Demitri
The inclusion of the flashback principle is like a devilish icing on the cake! Darrell - are the cover images out in public, or did you get an advanced viewing?
Darrell Mac
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Darrell Mac
Demitri, I was able to see the new cover art when it arrived in the mail, as to my knowladge it is not public yet, however it's truly stunning as it matches the new title so well. I will check to see if it will go public and post back later.
Darrell Mac
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Darrell Mac
It has a feel of a Cold Case Murder Mystery. Very COOL looking with the greens, yellows and shade color scheme in a nice high gloss cover. The shadow of a man going into or coming out of (it's up for interpretation as to if the shadow is coming or going) the cobblestone street tunnel is mysterious indeed. Makes you wonder if it's the detective, or the missing husband... It reminds me of a Lisa Regan mystery novel cover, however it is a little more (Just in my humble opinion) Alluring to the eye.
ahofer
View Profile
New user
Ossining, New York
92 Posts

Profile of ahofer
I now have both MOAB 2.0 AND the MOAB Pocket edition. BOTH are truly the best book tests I've ever seen. The Pocket edition is just as high-quality and convincing a production as 2.0 -- other books I've seen don't really seem to have the production values of a mass market bestseller, as these two do (high quality printing, large enough type, bar codes, ISBN numbers and all). The addition of Flashback is awesome, and can lead to a much stronger routine, as the methods can be used to cancel each other out if you perform both ways.

I'm planning to use both books (2.0 and Pocket) in the same routine, allowing free choice Smile of either book, and at first was worried that I might get confused between the two books -- I work from memory, not a crib sheet. So I came up with a mnemonic that links the two books together, so that I was able to remember the entire second book (pocket edition) in minutes, based on the fact that I already had the first one (2.0) memorized. If you're interested in my mnemonics, send me a PM with the first few items on the list from each book, so I know you've purchased both.
MT
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of MT
MOAB is great, but I would stick with Larry Becker's book test because of the price. They are much cheaper and you pretty much get the same response from the audience. Audiences are not anymore blown away by MOAB than Becker's stuff.
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3353 Posts

Profile of Looch
Quote:
On 2013-09-26 03:30, MT wrote:
MOAB is great, but I would stick with Larry Becker's book test because of the price. They are much cheaper and you pretty much get the same response from the audience. Audiences are not anymore blown away by MOAB than Becker's stuff.

Its the performer not the prop that audiences are blown away by. Both Larrys and Teds Booktests are wonderful and the combination of the two into this Pocket Edition is a wonderful thing.
Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/ Learn Mentalism with the Pro's: https://www.mymind.rocks
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
4005 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
MOABT PE is the single most important release of the year...especially for those who got all sweaty at the prospect of spending $400 for the original. You get all the power of the Mother PLUS Flashback at HALF the cost of the original.

What's not to like?

A solid book test is one of the strongest things we can do. We spend so much time around them that some performers forget the power that a strong book test routine can bring to a show.

MOABT PE is the best buy on the professional mentalism planet right now.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

My books are here: www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
minty
View Profile
Elite user
Rugby, Warwickshire
423 Posts

Profile of minty
Lucky enough to own MOABT PE and Looch's AREA. Love them both.

I've seen books that utilise the 'flashback' principal, where the word pairings aren't always obvious. With MOABT PE, I found the pairings virtually automatic, with no memorisation needed.

For me, with both Ted and Looch's books, it was a case of money very well spent.
Baz5535
View Profile
New user
Chigwell
20 Posts

Profile of Baz5535
Better late than never but I've just ordered MOAB PE. Hope it lives up to the hype
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1663 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Quote:
On Apr 24, 2017, Baz5535 wrote:
Better late than never but I've just ordered MOAB PE. Hope it lives up to the hype

It does. You will not be disappointed.
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1268 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
I've owned numerous book tests in my time. The Master Key, Flashback, Final Flashback, MOAB, Double Vision, and several others that are no longer on the market. I've sold all of them except Flashback and Double Vision for one reason or another, including MOAB. The only one of the tests I've sold that I've thought of replacing is MOAB. I may yet buy it again, and if I do it will be the PE version.
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
It's absolutely great. The inclusion of the Zandman/Flashback principle makes it golden. A one stop multi-phase book test.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
cytoplasm
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of cytoplasm
Can MOAB pocket edition be read from cover to cover or does it use a repeating bank of pages?
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
It's not a repeating bank of pages.
I guess you could read it from cover to cover but why?
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
cytoplasm
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of cytoplasm
Thanks for the reply. I'm only asking as I want to buy one book test that I can carry around with me as 'a book I happen to be reading' in a causal setting rather than in a show. So I figured it would be good if it is an actual readable book rather than a repeated bank of pages. I love the All about Eve book test by Steve Dela and the fact that you can get three 'hits' straight away without any pumping. I'm struggling to choose between that and MOABT PE
shakuni
View Profile
Inner circle
1169 Posts

Profile of shakuni
MOABT and All about Eve are fine. You cannot find repeating pages in both.

But do not get Babel. By simply flicking through the Babel book, you will see each page at least 5 to 10 times. It was a waste of money.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Ted Karmilovich New Pocket MOAB Review (5 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL