The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Unknown Methods (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

shakuni
View Profile
Elite user
432 Posts

Profile of shakuni
Hi, are there any routines/effects whose method is unknown?

Example: Berglas's ACAAN.
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
4002 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Yes!
Meschief divination Kondor by jan Forster
Alzion full energy by Jerome Finley
Tichatoc prediction by Paul Shirley
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... two of me is one too much ..
2416 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Not Kondor, Condor! Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
John C
View Profile
Inner circle
The AMAZING and COMMERCIAL Chair Test
7425 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2013-08-06 14:45, parmenion wrote:
Yes!
Meschief divination Kondor by jan Forster
Alzion full energy by Jerome Finley
Tichatoc prediction by Paul Shirley

I'm still working on the Tichatoc prediction. There's been so much written about it I'm surprised no one has a solution.

Thanks Parmenion for bringing it to my attention. I always seem to froget about these types of effects.

j
The ULTIMATE Routine Series:
www.professionalmagicroutines.com
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
1943 Posts

Profile of gabelson
Peter Turner's nailing a name merely thought of, and pin code merely thought of. Never written down, never spoken.. and performed for me personally (several times) over Skype.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
8399 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Probably not, at least to the person performing it. But there ARE many methods for completely unknown effects.
Bob Cassidy
Psychic Entertainers Association Dunninger Award 2011
39 Steps to Mentalism
The Master Mindreaders Workshop
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
14066 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Makes me want to create one .. Thanks!!!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS
Garrette
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of Garrette
I can turn invisible when no one is looking.

Seriously, though, it's a fascinating topic. I was unaware of those listed by parmenion. I'll have to look them up.

And then maybe Slim and I can cut a deal: he'll swear I did something impossible for him, and I'll swear he did something that seemed impossible for me, but I refuse to believe it...
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
14066 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On 2013-08-06 14:35, shakuni wrote:
Hi, are there any routines/effects whose method is unknown?

Example: Berglas's ACAAN.
Thanks ... I just put together a pendulum routine that has eluded me ... Inspiring thread!!!!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS
John C
View Profile
Inner circle
7425 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2013-08-06 15:45, mastermindreader wrote:
Probably not, at least to the person performing it. But there ARE many methods for completely unknown effects.

whut?
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
8399 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On 2013-08-06 18:48, John C wrote:
Quote:

whut?

John-

Have you ever watched a long convoluted mental routine that leaves you wondering what the effect was supposed to be?

But my post had a double meaning. There are a lot of "secrets" out there in plain view of the public that are just waiting to be applied to as yet unknown effects.
Bob Cassidy
Psychic Entertainers Association Dunninger Award 2011
39 Steps to Mentalism
The Master Mindreaders Workshop
John C
View Profile
Inner circle
7425 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:

8-06 22:06, mastermindreader wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-06 18:48, John C wrote:
Quote:

whut?

John-

Have you ever watched a long convoluted mental routine that leaves you wondering what the effect was supposed to be?

But my post had a double meaning. There are a lot of "secrets" out there in plain view of the public that are just waiting to be applied to as yet unknown effects.

Ah yes. Most indubitably Maestro!
DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1904 Posts

Profile of DT3
Quote:

As always...brilliant.
matrose9
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of matrose9
Hey guys, obviously new guy posting here so if I sound ignorant, full permission to put me in my place. that being said, perception of an effect in my opinion is far greater than actually fulfilling what you are saying what you are doing. and the effect as a whole is far more important than the method. if the effect is duplicateable (coining my own word) just with a different method that you may be particularly good with, but it doesn't necessarily fool every magician, but you achieve the effect, I guess that is far more important. Its more a matter of painting a pretty picture for the participant I guess than just stumping other magicians. its fun to try and work out these unsolvable effects but in the end I guess we just have to carve our own paths.
Yannou
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of Yannou
Richard Osterlind's coin bend comes to mind, although I think I know how it can be done, or at least something very close to it.
Energizer
View Profile
Special user
A well known funeral parlour
552 Posts

Profile of Energizer
Didn't Stewart James's version of the Open Prediction fall into this category (51 Faces North) of being an unexplained mystery?

Tom Baxter's version of the Open Prediction which I believe is called A Dianoetic Rage is also a closely guarded secret (I think known only to him).

And I think some of Derren and Andy's stuff confused a lot of knowledgeable people.
"We judge a book by its cover and read what we want between selected lines" - W. Axl Rose, circa 1992.
Nathaniel
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of Nathaniel
Because Berglas was mentioned earlier. I thought Marc Paul´s version, which he performs on the ´Parkinson Show´ is unexplained too.
"Stories are told to kids to make them sleep, and are told to adults to wake them up" (Jorge Bucay)

Emotional Imprints
The Sticky Head Game
Influence
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Unknown Methods (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.251231 seconds, requiring 66 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [1] [7] [1] [6] [2] [0] [3] [6]