The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Someone asked about ungaffed nfw (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
I can't remember who it was but.....

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S10307

I hope this helps.
Arsenal
View Profile
New user
United Kingdom
77 Posts

Profile of Arsenal
I believe Alan Rorrison has an un-gaffed version of NFW too. He taught this in his Penguin Live.
Andy Moss
View Profile
Special user
713 Posts

Profile of Andy Moss
If you are familiar with NFW then play around with it.

One idea is to use a largeish paperclip to hold the double together before revealing it safely as the first of the queens/kings. Follow up quickly with the other three singles.The rationale for the use of the paperclip is that the spectator locates a target card in a fan and so it is clipped to mark its position.You do not have to stick rigidly to the original effect.Adapt it to your needs.

With a little bit of practice you should be able to come up with your own approach to an ungaffed NFW that requires only a little sleight of hand skill.No gaffs or paperclip. Ascanio show, bottom double revolve etc.....
sohaib
View Profile
Special user
San Ramon, CA
577 Posts

Profile of sohaib
You can't beat the original NFW!

At the end, I switch out the double and end clean

I hand out all 4 cards Smile
MagicJuggler
View Profile
Inner circle
Anchorage, AK
1161 Posts

Profile of MagicJuggler
I use a switcharoo gimmick to deal with the gaff issue. The original is too straightforward and clean to muddle with diluted non-gaffed versions that add extra moves.

The way I do it is this (for anyone familiar with the switcharoo gimmick) is I start with duplicate jokers already loaded into the switcharoo. I take out the four aces from the deck and say "I'm not going to use the aces this time." and place them into the gimmick waiting to be switched at the end. I end NFW and go to grab the aces that I put into my pocket before starting and switch them for the jokers in the process. That way it's like an instant transposition. You can then put the NFW cards back in the deck. In reality you only have to remove one gaffed card and one of the jokers from the deck, but because of the way they end up at the end of the trick it's no problem to dispose of them at the same time. You can do that easily into the U.C.C.U. or just palm them off and find an excuse to go to the pocket.

That's the way I do it in a single performance. The way I do it if I'm doing walk around is by just pulling the cards out from my pocket. I don't have the deck out for the entirety of the trick, in fact if I'm doing this trick I usually have a non-card item performed before I pull out the deck for anything, or sometimes I just end on this trick and move on before the request for inspection occurs and do a quick reset as I'm putting the cards away. That's all you need really.
Matthew Olsen

I heard from a friend that anecdotal evidence is actually quite reliable.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Someone asked about ungaffed nfw (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL